Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 11:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New servos for the Align 450 pro v2 3gx

I have an Align Trex 450 Pro 3gx V2 and my stock DS410M servos are now starting to jump and twitch and also have a little bit of play if you move the horn up and down without the gears in the servo actually moving.

What servos would be good for the helicopter at both good in working and good in price?
PilotClover is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2012, 11:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm a big fan of the MKS DS95. Yes, they are expensive... but you have to consider how durable they are. I have crashed hard enough to know what they can withstand, and it is impressive. They are the only servo which design the plastic used on the servo horn so that it is weak enough to strip the teeth off of itself in the event of a crash. This saves the gears, money, and a lot of repair time. I have crashed a total of 6 times with my DS95's and I have yet to replace one set of gears, only servo horns.

Besides being durable, they are super fast and powerful. Especially on a FBL machine, the speed and power will yield more precision and stability. They work on the fastest pulse width and frequency that's available...

Basically, there's a good reason why they cost $75 a pop. Good price? No. Good top of the line price? Yes.
- Spektrum DX7
SeanM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 11:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

what about 3 Savox SH0255's?
Old 05-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotClover View Post
what about 3 Savox SH0255's?
Would work fine. You know that savox makes align servos right? The ds410ms are not the same servo as the 0255 though. I highly recommend the ds95s if you have the cash or if you want something more on a budget, the hitec 5065mg. I run the 65mgs myself and they are a great servo. I know many people that run the 95s and love them. I am jelly of them.
fuzzyllamma is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 12:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

ya if you can't fork over the money for the 95's i'd go with the Hitec 5065's as fuzzy suggested. I also run them on my 450 pro V2 and love them. they're very fairly priced, you can run either karbonite or metal gears in them (i use karbonite and love them - they'll strip in a crash so you usually dont kill the servo), and can buy the hitec servo programmer which i also use and has a lot of cool functions such as overload protection which is another failsafe for crashes
seanm135 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a set of savox 0257s on my sport, great servo. I crashed it loads of times as it was my learner heli and never stripped a servo gear only the servo horn broke. I'd recommend these and there quite cheap.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Another option from mks is the ds92a+. Basically the same as the 95's without the aluminum case. Around $50 a piece, so it would land you between the savox/hitec options and the 95's. Performance is basically the same as the 95's.
GBKSU is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in