Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2016, 01:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Assault 450DFC TT Flybarless Servo question

Hey guys,

Question Im building my first heli, I have a question about the servos.. Can i just use 4 EMAX ES9256 for both the swash and the tail? or do I need a better tail servo? Also I am still doing research on the flight controler but I am thinking a Kbar any issues with this? Also I come from the multirotor racing world so I have a lot of experience tuning flight controllers but heli is a new and exciting world for me.

Thanks for your help guys
Cody

Servo: EMAX ES9256

http://www.banggood.com/EMAX-ES9256-...r-p-88191.html

Heli: Assault_450DFC

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

Motor: NTM_Rotor_Drive 35677

ESC: HobbyKing YEP 60A

FC: KBAR 5.3.4 PRO K8 3 Axis Gyro Flybarless System

http://www.banggood.com/KBAR-5_3_4-P...-p-939170.html
rajien2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2016, 07:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes i have 4 EMAX ES9256 on all points but i would not suggest it. Because of where the emax wires come out. They can rub the main shaft (mine is a 450L). I had to modify all mine and should have gone with the KST DS215MG to start with. Save yourself the trouble and get the KST you can use 4 but will need a servo adapter for the rudder (i made one)

also the soldering on the emaxx was shoddy
Old 04-04-2016, 08:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also dont like the way of the servo wire comming from the back, get the TGY 306 or KST DS215, they are up to the task for the tail, just make sure you put some insulation to the buttom alu case of the servos.

60 amp esc is not needed for that heli, i would recommend 35-40 amp, 60 will be very large to fit nicely in the heli, i have the YEP 40 amp in my 450 and it is more than enough, always warm if not cool as long your setup is correct.

Helis is a whole different world than multirotors, it is dangerous, tunning FBL controller can be tricky especially for a biggener like you because you dont know how it is supposed to feel yet., i would suggest getting a good unit to start out right, i suggest you get Brain or Ikon FBL unit, it has self level function that can help you in the learning process, but you have to solve all your vibration issues first, if you have
kemo1988 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2016, 10:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperseghin View Post
yes i have 4 EMAX ES9256 on all points but i would not suggest it. Because of where the emax wires come out. They can rub the main shaft (mine is a 450L). I had to modify all mine and should have gone with the KST DS215MG to start with. Save yourself the trouble and get the KST you can use 4 but will need a servo adapter for the rudder (i made one)

also the soldering on the emaxx was shoddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemo1988 View Post
I also dont like the way of the servo wire comming from the back, get the TGY 306 or KST DS215, they are up to the task for the tail, just make sure you put some insulation to the buttom alu case of the servos.

60 amp esc is not needed for that heli, i would recommend 35-40 amp, 60 will be very large to fit nicely in the heli, i have the YEP 40 amp in my 450 and it is more than enough, always warm if not cool as long your setup is correct.

Helis is a whole different world than multirotors, it is dangerous, tunning FBL controller can be tricky especially for a biggener like you because you dont know how it is supposed to feel yet., i would suggest getting a good unit to start out right, i suggest you get Brain or Ikon FBL unit, it has self level function that can help you in the learning process, but you have to solve all your vibration issues first, if you have
Perfect thank's guys I will go with the Ikon FBL and KST DS215MG.
rajien2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2016, 10:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

What Kemo said.

BTW yes, if you're new to helis, a recue system on the FBL unit will pay for itself till you learn how to hover and later when learning new stuff.

TGY servos are very good, I have'em all-around on the 450's.

There's Align, Beast X, Eznov Neuron, Ikon, V-bar, Spirit, Microbeast, Naza, Bavarian Demon, ect.

BUT you must sim. the heli to get a feel. Quads are inherently pretty stable, not so helis. Also the unit you mentioned is good, but it seems to be better call it by the brand name and not the generic.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Felix, do you have any slop in your TGYs 306 servos?
kemo1988 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2016, 06:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Both KST 215s and the TGY 306 are good. they are both battle tested and in the same price range. the KST are worth every penny and its easy to replace gears. you will will find people loyal to both, you will find more loyal to KST.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemo1988 View Post
Hey Felix, do you have any slop in your TGYs 306 servos?
Well, not really. I might have some but it's usually negligible. Kind of hard to tell.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in