Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > CB100

CB100 Walkera CB100 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 03:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Receiver not pairing anymore + metal tail boom question

Hey guys, I sort of crashed my CB100 a bit hard and now it seems like the receiver won't pair with the transmitter anymore. Has to happened to anyone on here? Quick solution would be to just order a new receiver but I'm wondering if there's something I might have missed.

I turn on the TX, plug in the battery in the CB100 before the 10sec elapse and the RX just keeps on blinking. I tried that same process multiple times and no luck.

Also, are there metal tail booms that exist? I busted that as well and am looking for a more permanent solution considering I will have to solder wires and I really suck at it.

Thanks in advance for your time and help, I truly appreciate it
Cassius58 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2010, 05:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The only thing I can suggest as far as the receiver goes would be double check all of the connections to the esc and receiver. I have had some pretty nasty crashes with this heli and have no problem with the receiver afterwords except that after a while the plastic did break, I have removed it now and heatshrinked it.

I also have replaced my boom with a solid carbon fiber rod, you will just have to re-route the tail motor wires externally. I have not broken the tail boom yet, but have broken the frame instead . But it is a much more solid unit, the factory boom is pretty weak in my opinion.

Check this thread
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=211638

Hope that helps...
Futaba 10CH
Rockers is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2010, 09:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

In addition to what Rockers said, check this on your receiver. It can get damaged, usually the legs in a bad crash. It's a crystal resonator.

Usually, a re-flow of solder and flux will solve the problem. If the legs break on the can itself, it's incredibly difficult to repair due to its size. Finding a replacement part is also next to impossible as you need the exact same part to make it work. I have previously tried similar spec resonators from electronics hobby stores but didn't work. The exact same unit can only be purchase wholesale and from China.

timewerx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2010, 03:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I took a look at the whole receiver and everything seems intact including the crystal. It's weird that it just won't pair at all anymore. Only solution I see is buy another receiver.

As for the tail boom; where do you buy solid CF rods??
Old 06-27-2010, 05:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius58 View Post
As for the tail boom; where do you buy solid CF rods??

The CF Rod is available at most good hobby shops, I used the 4mm rod and machined the ends down to fit, while there i made 3 more, but they are still in my "Spares" pile. I hove not broken the boom yet and don't expect to, but I'm sure i will replace another frame someday

PS, while you wait, you can also use a bamboo skewer. See this thread

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...59&postcount=4
Futaba 10CH
Rockers is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2010, 09:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

A buddy of mine told me that maybe the receiver is not able to complete its preflight check thus never pairing with the TX. Is that possible?
Old 06-30-2010, 06:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius58 View Post
A buddy of mine told me that maybe the receiver is not able to complete its preflight check thus never pairing with the TX. Is that possible?
Use a magnifying glass to inspect the resonator I showed earlier. It's the RX's Achilles Heel in a crash.

Also check the solders that connects the two boards together. It won't hurt if you simply touch those solder points with a hot tip soldering iron to re-melt the solder including the resonator legs. I'm pretty sure at point when you crashed it, you broke a connection somewhere. In the worst case scenario, you broke a component of the Rx.

timewerx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2010, 02:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can order the following tube for your tail boom. Stainless steel, 12 in long. You should be able to cut 3 booms. It is the same diameter as the factory booms.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#8987k414/=7u7qds
Bullitt3309 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2010, 10:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Actually I cut a bicycle wheel spoke to the right length and used that as a tail boom. Cheap and effective way...

Only I checked very upclose for the crystal and everything seems to be in position and well soldered.: I'll just resolve to buying a new receiver and we'll see where that goes from there.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:57 AM   #10 (permalink)

RE: the crystal can - I had the same problem and visually everything loked fine until I applied very light pressure to it - then a crack in the solder was visible. Took about 5 minutes to fix.
JossyRC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in