Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Others

Others Walkera Other Models Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2014, 11:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail swing with pitch pumps??? Somebody

Hi guys
Been flying a 450do3 for a while now and started to do pitch pumps I think they are called ( basically giving the bird full throtel bursts ) and as the heli elevates the tail is going to the right some times doing a full 360 , wondered weather it is common in these heli's or maybe gyro ??? Thanks for any help
Cheers watho
watho 46 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2014, 08:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

when i use my 40c battery, i get a little bit of tail kick under heavy pitch changes, but nothing as extreme as it sounds like your getting. Using a 20-30c battery it doesn't happen to me at all.. My best guess in my situation, is that the extra bit of grunt from the 40c battery is giving the motor that extra bit of torque...
First thing i'd be checking is your tail setup, and belt tension..
Old 07-28-2014, 05:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks oxide1
After I posted this I thought it could be that I am using a 20c battery and not enough power getting to the motor ??? I have just replaced the tail boom and the tension was good, and then I thought maybe the gyro ?? Still not sure maybe it's the heli itself I know walkera aren't the top of the line heli
Thanks again for your thoughts
Cheers watho
Old 07-28-2014, 09:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

you mentioned that you placed the tail recently, were you getting the tail kick before you replaced it too? if not, i'd definitely go over your tail setup again. make sure everything is silky smooth. i think these are awesome helicopters!
Old 07-29-2014, 05:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup, mine kicks too. It goes about 20-30 degrees and then snaps back straight. With your situation, something must be out of adjustment. Make sure the tail servo arm is at 90 degrees or as close as you can get it and then slide the servo on the tail to compensate for the kick. Slide it a little at a time and then test. Just make sure you are sliding it in the right direction. Also check your tail servo for heat when you land. If it is hot, replace it with the Futaba S2957. Check your adjustments first but your tail servo might be on it's way out. Love the D03 also.
Big Air is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2014, 10:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Big Air makes a good point of keeping an eye on the tail servo.... The one crash i've had was on my third battery, in about 38 degree(c) heat, and lost the tail servo and went into a spin.... the servo was scorching hot! once it cooled down again it seemed to be performing fine.... changed it out anyway though, didn't think it was worth the risk of another crash.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi guys
Thanks for the info ,been away so have not got to fly for a while but went to check things out and have a fly to day and found my Aliron servo was locked up and can't budge it??? Pulled it apart and found nothing wrong ,put it back together and still nothing, so now I am looking for some new servos ,any ideas ?? Just a mild flyer nothing spectacular
Thanks again for your help
Cheers

Last edited by watho 46; 08-11-2014 at 06:27 AM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in