Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Castle Creations ESC and Software

Castle Creations ESC and Software Castle Creations ESC Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2015, 09:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default EDGE 100 arming tone

Hi I have a Trex 550 with AR7200BX and castle EDGE 100 with CC BEC Pro.

1. I turn on my TX with my throttle at mid stick.
2. I connect the battery on my Heli and the AR7200bx initiate as well as the EDGE 100. I can ear the tone of battery count and I also ear the arming confirmation sound although the motor don’t turn.
3. I put my throttle stick back to minimum, and then when I move back the stick up the motor start turning as it should be.

I have other heli (trex 500 with ar7200bx) and castle ICE 100 and with the throttle at mid stick when I power up the heli I don’t ear the arming sound, I ear it only when I put back my throttle stick to minimum as I think it should be.

How come I ear the arming sound with the EDGE 100 with my throttle stick at mid position?

I tried to do the throttle calibration…but since the arming sound is active when I power up the EDGE 100, there is no way I can ear the arming sound again when I try to bump up either the low or high throttle value from like 30 and going up.

I tried both in rpm end point mode or governing rpm.

And in both these mode if I select autorotation mode on there now no way I can have the EDGE 100 to arm with any throttle position.

Last edited by Windmanquebec; 06-13-2015 at 10:58 PM..
Windmanquebec is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2015, 11:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I may be partially off - base, but there was a thread on here several months ago about this, and if I remember correctly, we all know the BX won't send a throttle signal through until it sees a valid zero. However, the esc interprets this lack of signal as zero, and thus, arms itself as if it had been fed true zero by the BX.

The motor doesn't spool even though it's armed because the BX hasn't authorized signal pass-through because it hasn't seen valid zero yet.

My 630 is setup with autobailout and no zero anywhere in the throttle curve. When I plug in my flight packs, I too get both the cell count and the arming tone, however, to spool it I must send a valid zero throttle command to the BX, and I do this by depressing my trainer/bind button, which it setup as Throttle Cut... True zero.

I hope that makes sense.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks...will searching I found that same video that I probably used to set up the AR7200bx last year.

Castle ESC Endpoint Calibration with AR7200BX (14 min 3 sec)
Windmanquebec is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2015, 05:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Erase the log and plug the battery as you usualy do, then download the log and see where the throttle signal is. 0 throttle signal is what arms the ESC and that corresponds to about 1ms signal, you can find this info in the help in castle software clicking on the question marks in the gov tab. So have a look at the log first.

The ESC is arming at 0 throttle signal so if you are using governor check your throttle curve. It might be that the AR7200bx is sending a 0 throttle signal at start up before the receiver is on, so the ESC is arming no matter where the TX sticks are. Again you can see all this stuff in the log.
Mateyhv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in