Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Nitro Helicopters

700 Class Nitro Helicopters 700 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2008, 10:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
HF Support

Default Techno Central

Thought we'd start a technical reference here similar to T600 and Logo forums where we can put good refs - tech videos etc - a WIP !!

Start out with good reference threads:

Interesting threads:

Show me your wiring

Programming glowstart on DX7

Main gear issue

Clutch issues

Spektrum AR7100 sensor and OS 91 HZ

Issues on the T700n to keep an eye on

Electric conversions

T700 Electric conversion

Last edited by Mercuriell; 01-25-2009 at 07:34 PM..
Mercuriell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2008, 06:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Some good tips from Hawai :

Put a little locktite on the flybar before screwing on the paddles. Inside the paddle is a metal insert so the things can be screwed on really tight. The use the set screws with some loctite on them too.

Some tips:

- Check your bottom bearing on the one way clutch. It has a tendency to come lose and push up into the housing. https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=94692&page=2

- Make sure to apply some shoe goo inside the bearing block where the bearings are incased in plastic. https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=94692

- If you'll be running a YS, find some longer screws to bolt the header to the engine. Mine were really short and I felt that you could always use some more thread with this part.

- No need to run 30% nitro. I run my own CP 20% mix and it's perfect: 2Gal 15% and 1Gal 30%. Makes exactly 20% and significantly lowers your price.

Good luck! It's a frickin great heli... even with it's little problems.
X9303

Last edited by Mercuriell; 10-19-2008 at 04:19 PM..
HELINHAWAII is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2008, 05:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Cool, I've yet to be quoted as a "reference"! Thanks John!
X9303

Last edited by HELINHAWAII; 10-20-2008 at 11:53 AM..
HELINHAWAII is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2009, 03:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Techno Central

My T700 continues its troubled life ! - Having had 2 flights this week where the aileron cyclic output wheels stripped (Align Futaba wheel on ALign 620 servo) and nearly losing the heli I thought I had it all sorted Flew very well with its shiny new Kasama head till 5 minutes into the flight - NO TAIL control - I was quite high and flipped into throttle hold - the tail weathervaned and I was able to auto it down from ~150ft - The tailcase crank had lost its 20mm M3 bolt and was flapping free in the breeze - never done a non tail-driven auto before but she auto'd nice

Anyway I'd only Loctited that bolt in a few days before after straightening out the tail case standoff but can't have cleaned the bolt hole properly 'cos out she came Anyway easy to replace the 20mm M3 bolt with a 25mm one which just leaves enough thread to pop an M3 nyloc nut on - double safety !! Easy mod to do and same system as used on MA birds.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030528.JPG
Views:	766
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	91523  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in