Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2012, 12:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default BUYER BEWARE!

Just a heads up regarding a not too scrupulous online retailer I recently had the displeasure of buying from.

The site is DoubleTT RC and at first glance this place looks like it is offering some great deals on what is advertised all over the site to be NEW and BRAND NEW Blade/E-Flight heli parts along with other major brands.

Only problem is... THE PARTS ARE USED!!

Before I learned who I was dealing with, I had placed a relatively large order for a bunch of replacement blades, flybars and inner shafts for my MCX and MCX2s. The prices were considerably cheaper than any other online store I had shopped through, so why wouldn't I buy some parts? After all the site was claiming that all these items were brand new.

Indeed, every product page on that site that I checked out listed the items as NEW or BRAND NEW, but what I received was a big plastic bag full of loose unpackaged parts. The fact that I was expecting everything to be in Blade retail packaging was a shock in itself, but upon closer inspection, every single set of blades were covered with leading edge nicks, plus scratched, scuffed and otherwise and worn blade tips! These blades looked far worse than the sets I was getting ready to replace!

They are apparently open stock/salvaged parts taken off of customer returns and defective helicopters. This guy must buy these at an auction or something, tear them down and then start selling them on the web as NEW replacement parts!

When I emailed the site owner to complain, I was met with a very nasty response which not only included personal insults, but a lame attempt to turn the argument around and make this all my fault!

Needless to say, I returned the bulk of the parts, except a few hard to find items that although used, were not damaged to the point of being unusable unlike every single blade set I received. The seller was so incredibly rude and unreasonable it was a truly disturbing experience!

Just to cover all the bases I disputed all the charges with my credit card company and true to form, today I received some emails crediting me for the returned items MINUS a restocking fee! Can you believe that? This guy attempts to rip me off and then has the gall to attempt to charge me a fee for returning this garbage!

I am going ahead with my CC dispute to get all of my money back, and based on the huge hassle this turned into to save a couple of bucks I wanted to warn others to avoid this guy like the plague!

As the old saying goes... If it looks too good to be true, it probably is!

Remember...If you come across an online store called DoubleTT RC in a Google search for something for your heli, DON'T BUY ANYTHING! You will be VERY sorry if you do, and you have all now been warned!

DOUBLE TT RC =

Cheers.
GG07 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2012, 12:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default BUYER BEWARE WARNING!

I posted this same message in the MCX/MCX2 forum cause it concerns both of those models as well as the CX series.

I recently mentioned in here that I had ordered a CX2 from this online store for $139.00, but after receiving some replacement parts I ordered first and described below, I decided to refuse delivery on the CX2 since I had no reason to trust that the model I would be receiving was actually a brand new in the box CX2 as was claimed on the web site's product page. Read on and find out why I decided to return such a good deal before I even took delivery!

===========================

Just a heads up regarding a not too scrupulous online retailer I recently had the displeasure of buying from.

The site is DoubleTT RC and at first glance this place looks like it is offering some great deals on what is advertised all over the site to be NEW and BRAND NEW Blade/E-Flight heli parts along with other major brands.

Only problem is... THE PARTS ARE USED!!

Before I learned who I was dealing with, I had placed a relatively large order for a bunch of replacement blades, flybars and inner shafts for my MCX and MCX2s. The prices were considerably cheaper than any other online store I had shopped through, so why wouldn't I buy some parts? After all the site was claiming that all these items were brand new.

Indeed, every product page on that site that I checked out listed the items as NEW or BRAND NEW, but what I received was a big plastic bag full of loose unpackaged parts. The fact that I was expecting everything to be in Blade retail packaging was a shock in itself, but upon closer inspection, every single set of blades were covered with leading edge nicks, plus scratched, scuffed and otherwise severely worn blade tips! These blades looked far worse than the sets I was getting ready to replace!

They are apparently open stock/salvaged parts taken off of customer returns and defective helicopters. This guy must buy these at an auction or something, tear them down and then start selling them on the web as NEW replacement parts!

When I emailed the site owner to complain, I was met with a very nasty response which not only included personal insults, but a lame attempt to turn the argument around and make this all my fault!

Needless to say, I returned the bulk of the parts, except a few hard to find items that although used, were not damaged to the point of being unusable unlike every single blade set I received. The seller was so incredibly rude and unreasonable it was a truly disturbing experience!

Just to cover all the bases I disputed all the charges with my credit card company and true to form, today I received some emails crediting me for the returned items MINUS a restocking fee! Can you believe that? This guy attempts to rip me off and then has the gall to attempt to charge me a fee for returning this garbage!

I am going ahead with my CC dispute to get all of my money back, and based on the huge hassle this turned into to save a couple of bucks I wanted to warn others to avoid this guy like the plague!

As the old saying goes... If it looks too good to be true, it probably is!

Remember...If you come across an online store called DoubleTT RC in a Google search for something for your heli, DON'T BUY ANYTHING! You will be VERY sorry if you do, and you have all now been warned!

DOUBLE TT RC =

Cheers.

P.S> After this whole debacle, I went ahead and ordered a guaranteed brand new CX2 from Amazon.com for the going rate of $179.99. After all the hassle and time wasted on the above experience, saving $25.00 hardly seemed worth the trouble anymore!
Old 04-07-2012, 10:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

It would be cool if you pasted your conversation here..comments like "rude" "nasty" and "insults" are subjective.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhelicrasher View Post
It would be cool if you pasted your conversation here..comments like "rude" "nasty" and "insults" are subjective.
I didn't think the language used would be appropriate to repost here on this forum.

And the personal insults and other unprofessional conduct I was subjected to was simply adding insult to injury, but it wasn't the reason I posted this thread. The blatant misrepresentation of the items being sold was. When a store or individual doing business on the web offers something for sale and claim that the item is "NEW" or "BRAND NEW", to anyone that has ever bought something online, that term generally means that the item is factory sealed, has never been used, has not been opened and removed from the retail packaging, or shows cosmetic or physical damage from previous use.

These blades and all the other parts I received had no retail packaging at all! They were loose and all jumbled together in a single plastic bag!

As I said in my opening remarks... The blade pairs I received looked far more worn and used than the blades I had planned to replace with these so called "BRAND NEW" parts.

Here are a few of photos of the "NEW" blade sets I received. Remember that on the website all of these parts include a description, the E-Flight part number and the statement "These are Brand New".

In addition to the scuffed and scratched blade tips, the leading edges on every single one of these blades had several nicks in them.

When was the last time you bought a NEW set of replacement blades that looked like these?

Exactly!
Old 04-08-2012, 02:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Those look used to me..also, when you buy blades in a retail package, they are supposed to come with screws...did they?

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2012, 02:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post
Those look used to me..also, when you buy blades in a retail package, they are supposed to come with screws...did they?
Nope... No screws. Just as you see them there. Based on the condition claim on the web site, I was fully expecting to see a bunch of retail packaged parts like I would receive from any other online merchant that lists the item's condition as NEW or BRAND NEW.

My first email to the seller wasn't hostile or anything. I just wanted an explanation for why the parts were not in retail packages, and also why the blades appeared to have been previously used, and noticeably worn.

The guy's reply had GUILTY CONSCIENCE written all over it. VERY defensive, and not at all friendly. By the time the conversation was over, he had called me every nasty name in the book. All I wanted was an explanation, but by the second email it was clear that I was dealing with a crook who had just been called out for what basically amounts to fraud.

It was at this point that I decided that I was going to refuse delivery on the CX2 I had also purchased from this store but had not yet received. It too was listed as NEW, but I wasn't about to accept the package and then be accused of damaging it or whatever and then being denied a refund. You should have read the names he called me when I told him that I wasn't going to accept delivery on the CX2 and wanted ALL of my money back!

I've had my fair share of dealings with shady sellers on eBAY and elsewhere, but this guy trumped them all hands down! And as I said in my original post...After he received all these USED parts back, sent at my own expense, he didn't give me a full refund and held back nearly $30.00 to cover "Restocking Fees"! I frankly could not believe this guy's arrogance and refusal to accept any responsibility for shipping me used parts that he had claimed were BRAND NEW. He never did admit any wrongdoing. According to him, I was the dishonest one, and he was the victim! LOL!

The entire experience was surreal to say the least!

A real loser!
Old 04-08-2012, 03:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hmm, I would've sent ALL parts back - also the hard to get ones.

Keeping some parts and asking for a full refund is not "quite right".

Oh well, another learning experience.

I was ripped off by someone who had bought an eBay shop. So we all
saw a perfectly good record of past behaviour. The seller sold Canon
digital cameras and ATI graphics cards among other stuff - and a lot
of it. I was fast and paid by bank transfer instantly. If I had waited just
one day, I had not lost my money. He sold a lot, grabbed the money
and was off. I reported it to the police and did all what eBay wanted
from me - and when I looked at the group created for the purpose of
the ripped, it looks like I was the only one eBay didn't cover. So f*#%
eBay. A learning experience.

Cheers
Erik
Old 04-08-2012, 03:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ooops! Sorry I didn't make myself clear about what I wanted refunded...

I only wanted the money back for the stuff I sent back, which was the majority of what was ordered. I was always very clear about that with this guy though, and I told him that the cost of mailing all the used stuff back with priority mail and insurance would more than cover the shipping costs for the 3 tiny items I had decided to keep which added up to $24.00 of the $260.00 I originally spent.

I hear ya about eBAY! I use to buy a lot of stuff on there, but after being ripped off a few times, I stopped shopping there for the most part.

One thing I always do is pay with a Credit Card no matter what! If the merchant doesn't accept credit cards, then I don't buy from that merchant. If you pay with a credit card, you can dispute the charges, and if you have evidence to back up your claims of fraud or whatever, you will get that money back 100% of the time. I have never been denied a full credit to my account regarding a dispute with a dishonest merchant.

I know from this past experience that after Capital One reviews my complaint and takes a look at those photos and reprints of the guy's website, clearly showing the term BRAND NEW listed right below the parts that I received and have photos of, the balance I am still owed will be charged back to this schmuck and I will have all the money I am owed back!

A CC is the only way to pay for online merchandise because all of them give you the right to dispute a charge you feel is illegitimate.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up

will do thanks for the warn
blade450s is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 05:55 AM   #10 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Interesting.... Now Ted "The Double TT Guy" is threatening me and saying HF looks bad due to his actions???

----------------------
Ted Trembath has reported a post.

Reason:
Quote:
Hi. This person is using your site in violation of your policies. He is slandering me with fraudulent remarks and false information. You need to remove all of these dis-honest, illegal, fraudulent claims and contact this member and inform him that this is not allowed. If there is an issue with you following up with this request, please let me know and I will take other measures to protect myself from these rediculious claims. I would think that you would monitor this type of conduct yourself and prevent people like this from using your site as an outlet for bashing someone. Looks Real Bad For You. Thank you: Ted. **Phone Number Removed

-----------

OK Ted, there is no follow-up I need to do based on what I have read and the photos I have seen. If you want to take action against me please make sure and show your attorney our Terms of Use you agreed to when you joined, there are some specifics there that you will need to pay attention to. Also be sure to show then what was written and the photos. You do realize that you will be needing to prove what your customer said is false and in the light of the photos or you have no claim to make. We provide a place for our members to warn their peers about bad experiences they have with vendors.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillJames View Post

OK Ted, there is no follow-up I need to do based on what I have read and the photos I have seen. If you want to take action against me please make sure and show your attorney our Terms of Use you agreed to when you joined, there are some specifics there that you will need to pay attention to. Also be sure to show then what was written and the photos. You do realize that you will be needing to prove what your customer said is false and in the light of the photos or you have no claim to make. We provide a place for our members to warn their peers about bad experiences they have with vendors.

GET EM WILL!!!! <----- That is why I love this site. NO BS, you tell it straight.
irishmatt18 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 07:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Straight talk from the BOSS. Good stuff Will.

I hope word gets around before this guy has another chance to deceive anyone else.

Last edited by Redlight11; 04-25-2012 at 09:14 AM..
Redlight11 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 09:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought an MCPx from DoubleTT before I saw this thread. What I got was definitely not new from the factory. Now, while the helicopter does work and was in good condition when I got it, the website doesn't make it clear at all that what I was buying was not brand new. I wouldn't go as far to say that I got ripped off but I wouldn't buy anything from this guy again.

http://doublettrc.com/Eflite-BLH3580...-P2411641.aspx

I should have known better when I saw this line... "This is an all new direct replacement Teriffic Heli and there is only (2) available at this Blowout Price so Buy Now or Loose Out !! !!!"
Rodney Kirstine is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 09:56 AM   #14 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmatt18 View Post
GET EM WILL!!!! <----- That is why I love this site. NO BS, you tell it straight.
Exactly!
Rick
rdlohr is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 12:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ted Trembath

Quote:
Interesting.... Now Ted "The Double TT Guy" is threatening me and saying HF looks bad due to his actions???

----------------------
Ted Trembath has reported a post.

Reason:
Quote:
Hi. This person is using your site in violation of your policies. He is slandering me with fraudulent remarks and false information. You need to remove all of these dis-honest, illegal, fraudulent claims and contact this member and inform him that this is not allowed. If there is an issue with you following up with this request, please let me know and I will take other measures to protect myself from these rediculious claims. I would think that you would monitor this type of conduct yourself and prevent people like this from using your site as an outlet for bashing someone. Looks Real Bad For You. Thank you: Ted. **Phone Number Removed

-----------

To All Viewers.....

Hi It is a shame in itself, that some people choose to discredit a seller in plain false pretences such as is happening here.

This hobby is meant to be fun and would be if buyers such as Rick in California would not take it upon himself to slam sellers simply because he was unsuccessful in cheating them as he intended to do to me and he has openly admmitted doing this to other sellers as well. This has been a great opportunity to warn ALL Sellers to be cautious to say the least when dealing with this disturbed individual.

It is plain an simple to see what happened here and Rick has made that known to the entire world in his own words. He clearly stated that he returned PART of the order, refused the second order without even seeing it, and then complains because he did not receive a FULL refund including the return shipping cost (yes he wanted me to pay the return shipping, something that needs to be made clear).

This is a clear situation of buyers remorse, false claims and rediculious demands !!

If it was otherwise he would have excepted the package examined the item, then contacted me Right ?? DU...

He would not accept delivery and then demanded that I pay pay the return shipping cost to return it... What ??

See, you are only hearing one side of the story and in any sellers or buyers mind these demands are rediculious. Return half of the products and then want a FULL refund including the return shipping cost ?? Just who got ripped off here ?

I offered a full refund for all the items as soon as they arrived back to my store right from the beginning and this is something that RICK is leaving out. He made these demands right from the start and that is the whole issue.

Sellers such as myself would not be in business very long if they had to please buyers with these kind of foolish demands right ?? and he has made this fact very clear (that he kept some of the items)...

Anyway you need not agree with me here and that is your choice, as far as I am concerned Rick has given me the best form of advertisement possible by stating himself that he KEPT some of the items. I Know that ALL buyers will agree that this is un-exceptable.

If I am such a poor disrtibuter, WHY did he keep anything ?? Right ??

One Reader has already figured this out by stating (if you wanted a FULL refund you should have returned EVERYTHING) Way to go, now that is a smart viewer and will most likely be one of my customers in the future. Thanks Rick...

OK to sum this all up, enough about the REAL conditions and on to the facts: Please go to my store: doublettrc.com and check the 5 STAR reviews that this buyer left on such items as: Eflite EFLH2200 Complete Blade MCX Ultra Micro Electric RTF RC Helicopter Kit, Eflite EFLH2223 EFLH2224 & EFLH2328 Complete Tail Boom W/Fin Kit For Blade MCX S300 RC Helicopter, Eflite EFLH2327 New Canopy Body For Blade MCX S300 RC Ultra Micro Helicopter, Eflite EFLH2327 New Canopy Body For Blade MCX S300 RC Ultra Micro Helicopter.

OK after having read these reviews that came directly from RICK's mouth you may be asking yourself (is he all there). He also stated in his long drawn fraudulent claims, that he has done this to prior sellers by contacting his credit card company and demanding a refund in full as he did here. He received a FULL refund from me less the shipping costs and that is what I and EVERY other seller is happy to provide.

I do not know why this person is attacking me as such and I will not second guess this question because I am NOT a doctor of the mind.

This information is informative and accurate on my behalf and the words that Rick choose to provide you would sure seem to indicate that he is probably not stable. If you want a full refund you MUST return ALL of the products !! End Of Story and return shipping costs are ALWAYS the buyers responsibility !!

I thank Rick for taking the time to present in his own words how rediculious his demands have been and I appreciate the fact that he has created the best advertisement that I could have EVER asked for.

I have experienced a large increase in sales since this posting was presented by Rick, and I thank him for that and I look forward to many more happy customers as soon as everyone reads his reviews and weighs this all out. Thanks Rick !! And by all means thank you ALL for viewing the facts and Happy Flying !! Ted.
Ted Trembath is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Why are you advertising used parts as new?

If you are advertising the parts as new and they are not; you should pay return shipping because you are misrepresenting your items.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlight11 View Post
Why are you advertising used parts as new?

If you are advertising the parts as new and they are not; you should pay return shipping because you are misrepresenting your items.
That's exactly what I was thinking while reading his long drawn out post...

DX8
caniac is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 12:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ted,
I just red the whole posting again and looked at your sight. I clicked on a few items and no where does it mention ANYTHING about the items being "used". That said, i would assume that it would be a new item. YOU even state that To"
This exact helicopter would set you back $229.99 plus tax or shipping at any hobby outlet so take this into consideration, Buy Now & Save !!
To me... it looks like you are selling a BRAND new item WAY below cost. That in it self would be a violation of Horizon own policy (Ask the barnfloor how that worked out for them).

Either way. No one has posted "Actualy emails" and being the pictures are posted I would have to take his side. There is no way to validate what one asked for or the terms anyone agreed to but as a third party individual I would be skeptical shopping at your place. I would strongly suggest you revise your website to reflect actual "condition" of a product or this will follow you. It's not the first time either, two individuals posted THE EXACT same thing, the one with the mCX who thought it was new.

You may not think your deceiving anyone, but your not being honest at all.

So until otherwise proven.

GG07 : 1
Double TT : 0
irishmatt18 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #19 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I am sure your sales are up but unfortunately since you threatened me you are no longer welcome here. Sorry Ted.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I am sure your sales are up but unfortunately since you threatened me you are no longer welcome here. Sorry Ted.

Dogs come when called. Cats take a message and get back to you later.
Cailid is offline        Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in