Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > SAB Goblin 630/700/770

SAB Goblin 630/700/770 SAB Heli Division 630/700/770 - Goblin Helicopters Factory Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #21 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

My finger automatically hits TH when i hear a strange noise, an uncommanded input should automatically result in a TH. The pitch up has already confirmed you cannot rely on the heli, do you really want that heli closer to the ground ? The fall from a bad auto will always be less than hitting the ground with the blades still spinning. Sorry to hear about your crash, get her back in the air and enjoy it
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTAnimal View Post
Look i posted this for others so they know up front the damage this heli will take in a miner crash, not the cost. if you do not know the costs are high for a 700 parts, that goes without saying "it's the damage I'm talking about". Let me clear up 2 things, I did hit throttle hold when the tail hit the ground but i think i should have done it earlier, the question that you have to think about is if the heli is doing uncommanded moves do you want to shut the power off? there are other things to consider, like people standing near by.

For myself, the parts have been so hard to get i went ahead and ordered a new kit that i will build as a backup. so the idea that its too expensive for me is incorrect. like i said it about the amount of damage to the heli from what i thought was a minor crash. Not the expense

For those looking to buy use the info anyway you like. Maybe they are right a 700 is a big heli maybe they all will blow apart in a crash. this is the only one i have or have ever seen crash. and for you defensive Goblin owners don't get me wrong i love this heli so don't be so defensive
JT you misinterpret what i said.. I'm not bashing you 1 bit..
i feel terrible you had a crash especially a bad one.
I was just responding to what you said about 700s crashing and possible crash costs. nothing else.
Like OTS said the few crashes we have seen are not enough to really graph the average crash for a goblin some have been horrible others look horrible but arent bad at all.

The Synergy was one of those 700s that made you cry and your pocketbook faint when it crashed.. one of the main reasons other than the tricky setups I got rid of it and went to the Align.

In fact it didn't last but 1 1000 dollar crashes before I got rid of it..
and the parts were super hard to get ahold of even 3 years ago when I had it.

I dont expect the gobber to be that bad.. blades always suck.. but the frame costs less than the Fusion does at 40 a side.. thwe boom.. yes 70 bucks may seem horrible..

but look at it this way.. a TT setup in most other modern 700s is at least 40 bucks onces you add everything up that trashes in a crash.. more if you use bling.

Gears TT booms guides supports etc..
hell my Lynx boom guides were 40 a pop and they do get damaged in hard crashes.
and even now that I switched to the nice Align thick carbon push rod.. thats another 20 bucks almost guaranteed to break if the boom breaks too.

70 really isnt that horrible. the design gets rid of alot of other crap all you have to worry about is the pushrod and the boom and plastic bolts.. and maybe a servo extension if it snags just right.

but again bro I apologize if I came off bad did not mean to insult you at all.
it just sounded like a bit of sticker shock and was trying to explain that even at 600 size it can roll in price very quickly.

anyway.. get it flying again man!

Mine will be here Thursday.. and I expect to crash it many times over the next few years lol..

CeeveeSiN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wait until I get mine! There are a few people on here that can confirm that I don't "put them in lightly." I'm pretty sure I proved that yet again last week when I put my 700 in tail first and turned the frames into confetti! Go hard or go home!!!! hahaha
aviator493 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 12:07 PM   #24 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Brick wall meet Gobbler ?? I am working out the details of my gobbler this morning with the shop, very exciting.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicD View Post
My finger automatically hits TH when i hear a strange noise, an uncommanded input should automatically result in a TH. The pitch up has already confirmed you cannot rely on the heli, do you really want that heli closer to the ground ? The fall from a bad auto will always be less than hitting the ground with the blades still spinning. Sorry to hear about your crash, get her back in the air and enjoy it
Dominic, i think you are right and that is what bothers me about this crash, why didn't i just hit the hold ??? when the tail hit the ground i hit hold fast but i think i was stupid to not hit it from the start. o well live and learn.

I hate the waiting for parts also, you cant even get blades for the goblin right now. I have a set of Edge blades but not sure if i should use them, they are a little thin in the grips. also i am questioning my setup and am still unsure how I will set the electronics this time. the crash has really affected me.

Scorpion 4525-520 motor
CC Ice 160HV
BEC - was using a CC pro but i want to change
(i wanted to use the Scorpion 130 with SBEC but you cant get it and now with the crashes iv'e read about i don't know if i want to)
JR8717HV cyc
Torq 9188 tail
Skookum 720 - I know everyone likes the V-Bar but i know the SK setup and have good luck with it and have friends that use the sam with no problems

I flew my trex 550 last night (close to the same setup only 6s) and that heli flies so nice, never a problem, always does what i ask it to do. i have a scale 500 (Airwolf same setup) just got it all working nice, 8th flight and looks solid, gear retracts, nav lights. But i an still lost as to what i'm going to do with the goblin. and i have a new kit shipping soon.

I have spent the last 3 nights just reading specs and options. one thing i know, i will not fly again until i'm sure its right.
JTAnimal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #26 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

New helis are always a PITA to be honest. It takes time to work out all the bugs on a new kit (new to you kit, not talking about first kit jitters). It then takes even longer to get it to fly the way you want. Nothing beats an old machine that you have already put in the blood, sweat, tears, and money. Once you get it all worked out you will one day look back at the gobbler being great and your new toy being a PITA

I am super fast on the TH, and to be honest sometimes I've hit it too quickly. But I've seen machines rip themself apart given any amount of time between failure and hitting TH. I prefer to error on the side of caution, even if that forces me to show my pathetic auto skills.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTAnimal View Post

I hate the waiting for parts also, you cant even get blades for the goblin right now. I have a set of Edge blades but not sure if i should use them, they are a little thin in the grips.
Sorry to hear about your crash. It's never fun to see someone's new heli go in.

As far as using Edge blades on your Goblin you'll be fine. You just need to install the spacers that came with the blades to take up the distance in the grips.

Big Fil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 07:44 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fil View Post
Sorry to hear about your crash. It's never fun to see someone's new heli go in.

As far as using Edge blades on your Goblin you'll be fine. You just need to install the spacers that came with the blades to take up the distance in the grips.
I was looking at those spacers and figured i would need to use them, so thanks for the post.

I'm really not too upset about the crash but i did want others to get a small look at what could happen. if it helps other keep out of this situation then that's a good thing.

I think i am going to move away from using the BEC and use a flight pack. i was thinking 2S 2600mah, any opinions??

the ESC i think i will stick with the Castle for now but, i like the specs on the Scorpion ESC. but the only thing that keeps me from going with the 130 opto is there has been several post of crashes lately. I know Castle has crash posts also but i have that ESC already and i have never had a problem with 2 other Castle ESC's that i have.

I am going to keep looking until i find what i think will work for me.
JTAnimal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 01:22 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm running a 2s 2200 mah 25C Gens Ace LiPo pack on my Goblin with Torq HV servos all round and it works great.

I do use a safe switch with it but no reg and it keeps it a very simple and reliable setup.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 01:25 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicD View Post
I am super fast on the TH, and to be honest sometimes I've hit it too quickly. But I've seen machines rip themself apart given any amount of time between failure and hitting TH. I prefer to error on the side of caution, even if that forces me to show my pathetic auto skills.
I have hit TH quite a few times, only to recover it and fire it up again in the air. It's a instinc by now, and usually saves you from those really nasty crashes. It also slowes things down, so if you lose orientation completely, you got better time to figure things out before it goes smack. At
felborn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 06:50 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Fighter View Post
I'm running a 2s 2200 mah 25C Gens Ace LiPo pack on my Goblin with Torq HV servos all round and it works great.

I do use a safe switch with it but no reg and it keeps it a very simple and reliable setup.

//Dennis.
What safe are you using? Do you have a link to it? Thx
gww528 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 08:21 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gww528 View Post
What safe are you using? Do you have a link to it? Thx
The perfect regulator safe switch 2. Sorry on my phone so you will have to do a search for it.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 08:38 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Fighter View Post
The perfect regulator safe switch 2. Sorry on my phone so you will have to do a search for it.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
Thank you

gww528 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

oh man thats "perfect" lol.. too bad its backordered.. I need 2 of those 1 for Fusion 1 for Gobber,

CeeveeSiN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in