Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4#3, 4#3a, 4#3b, 4#3Q

4#3, 4#3a, 4#3b, 4#3Q Walkera 4#3, 4#3a, 4#3b, 4#3Q Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 06:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Can't get receiver to bind to transmitter

guys,
I just got a used 4#3B and was setting it up. It was binding fine but the rudder control was backwards so I unhooked the tail and took the receiver off the velcro and the motor came unsoldered. no biggie... I resoldered it and plugged the tail back in but now I can't get the receiver to bind to the transmitter. I did all of the above with the battery unplugged.
Any thoughts...
Thanks
Jeff
maineflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2009, 06:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Don't mean to be disrespectful, but do you have the throttle and throttle trim on the transmitter pulled all the way down?
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2009, 06:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Throttle and trim are at the very bottom
Old 12-02-2009, 07:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

hmmmm... what version transmitter and receiver do you have? is it double brushless, main motor brushless, fully brushed?

what exactly does the unit do? does it blink?
Old 12-02-2009, 07:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

trans is a stock 2401 and receiver is a 2406A
Old 12-02-2009, 07:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

you tried new batteries in both the transmitter and the heli? what exactly happens when you try to bind it? does the receiver blink?
Old 12-02-2009, 07:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Brand new batteries in trans and a newly charged 400 ma on heli. I keep getting the really fast blinking trans light. The trans light finally will go solid but the receiver light continues to blink.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Is the antenna wire still firmly connected to the reciever? I'm a bit suspicious about the broken wire on the motor and the fact that it was backwards to begin with. Did you confirm with the Seller that the heli was fully functional before you purchased it?
Old 12-02-2009, 07:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ya, i had it working and spooled it up a couple of times trying to trim it. the only thing I found wrong was when I would give right rudder the tail would move right instead of the nose... ( I was using another transmitter) So I took the receiver out and was checking things out and that is when the wire to the motor unhooked and I put it back in. I then switched to new batteries in the transmitter that came with the heli as I couldn't get it to bind with the older transmitter. It won't bind with either. Would the motor have anything to do with binding if it wasn't soldered correctly?
Old 12-02-2009, 07:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, you could have fried the receiver if you accidentally shorted out the motor wire leads.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I didn't solder anything with it plugged into the receiver and I would think if it was fried from a ground I wouldn't be getting a light but I don't know... All I did was tin the wire back in place on top of the motor. The only thought I have is the wire may have touched the motor when I first plugged the receiver battery in (before I noticed it unhooked) and went to ground..
this might have fried it... I just don't know... Hate to spring for a new receiver Maybe I'll post an add for a used one.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very similar issue happen to my cb100.... My friend try my cb100 (he never fly an RC helicopter before). Had a big crash and broke the tail boom and main frame. So I completely rebuild the helicopter and before I hook anything apart I test the electronic to make sure everything still work so I won't need to take it apart after I replace the main frame. Everything works fine so I rebuild it with the new frame and boom. Solder the tail motor back.... But when I try to bind it after the rebuild it will not bind and LED in the 4in1 change to slow flash..... I end up replacing the 4in1 and everything works now.... I am not sure what went wrong but it seems that maybe your 4in1 is dead....
ehirobo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009, 06:56 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Tried to get it to bind again this am, no go just a really fast flashing red light... Ordered another receiver. Thanks for all the help guys.. It is nice to have someone else to run things by.
Thanks again
Jeff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in