Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Slow servo

I just installed my FBL head and spektrum receiver with beastx built in, I think the AR7200BX, I set up my tx with the appropriate settings. But my servos seem so slow now? All of my servos are jr digital
pumarjr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is a gyro! The servos will react slow on the bench as you are commanding a movement with the sticks and the heli does not move. This is totaly normal. You might want to start visiting the beastx forum as there is a ton of info there.
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I got it. It was in the setup. I had to increase the speed. It's great. Now I just need the pieces to let the RJX head work.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

What do you mean you had to increase the speed? there is no speed to increase. If you are using the ar7200bx it sets up the same as the beastx. It is a gyro for all 3 axis. your endpoints must be at 100 and a linear 0 to 100 pitch curve and 1 servo mechanical mixing set in the tx, NOT 120 ccpm! to do the initial set up. You will have presets for control behavior which is flip and roll rate. If you go to tx control then you can adjust your endpoints to suit roll rate. Increasing endpoints on the cyclic is just like increasing the rudder endpoint for a faster piro rate. None of this is gonna change the speed at which the servos move on the bench, PERIOD. I dont know what you are doing but I do not suggest that you start off with tx control behavior. You better start off test flying with normal or sport preset then go up to get the roll rates you want and do not use expo in any of the canned presets. Expo only when in tx control behavior. TX control behavior can be wicked fast with endpoints at 100 or above. Again nothing you do is gonna increase the speed of the servos on the bench. Be carefull and fully understand what you are doing here.

Ps I dont understand how you set the head and what you think is the ar7200bx when you later state you just need the pieces to get the rjx head to work?????
Old 02-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I ran thru the setup features in the ar7200bx with no head attached, only with the cylic servos and rudder servos attached. the RJX head I got had 4.7mm Ball ends, the squash plate I have that's stock i believe it's 4 or 4.5mm. hence it will not fit. I ordered some new plastic ends to accommodate the larger balls of the rjx head. No, I have not set the pitch or any other feature yet. only the end point of the rudder and to make sure the swash moves back when I tilt forward and whatnot. In the Flight characteristics of the AR7200BX there is a setup feature in G. that allows you to change the cyclic Response rate of the servos. there was 5 different settings I believe. I moved it from normal(purple solid) to red solid(increased). Sorry if I was not clear. I thought I had ordered everything, I read server posts but must have missed the parts where the RJX 450 head did not fit the stock balls and that other parts needed to be ordered.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

In the parameters menu yes there is G cyclic responce. All this does it change the behavior of the sticks around center and increases sensitivity as the sticks move outwards.This does not affect final roll rate, only endpoints do. If you go to far with this you will find the beastx over controling with small stick inputs and these settings depending on how high you set gives a more non linear feel kinda like a flybar. This is something that should only be tried after initial full set up and test flights. Again any of these settings are not gonna increase the speed or behavior of the cyclic servos on the bench. The cyclic servos are now being controled by a gyro. As I stated in my first post they are gonna move like snails on the bench and this is normal, so until you have test flown it do not go programming any of the tuning features in the parameters menu or you could get yourself in trouble!
Old 02-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

your speaking of stick deadband, which is E. Anyways, my point was that I was happy to have received my order of my RJX head and my AR7200BX, but disappointed that I was unaware that it did not fit.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Old 02-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumarjr View Post
your speaking of stick deadband, which is E. Anyways, my point was that I was happy to have received my order of my RJX head and my AR7200BX, but disappointed that I was unaware that it did not fit.
No I am not talking about stick deadband. just do what you wish and by the way as I am sure you already know, you have to get a different swash if you want the rjx swash driver arms to work properly.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

you kinda need to relax, don't come here with that, i have not been anything but straight with you, no need to act up. take a chill. no, I was unaware that I would also need a new swash, I asked a few times, no one could reply, so I figured that it was not necessary. I read a few other topics where they used a hdx450 swash, but I could not find one. i emailed jeff from cnc heli, he said all I needed was the new plastic rings and larger balls. If I do indeed need a new swash, could you by chance point me in the correct direction on the parts needed to complete. now, I am just throwing money away, which is fine, I just like to throw it away with purpose.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am sorry, All I stated was that I was not talking about stick dead band and yes you have contradicted me on all advise I have given you and I am relaxed and just trying to get you to understand that on the bench the servos are gonna move slow and it is normal and adding a bunch of tuning parameters could possibly be very bad for test flights just so you can see the servos move a wee bit faster on the bench. My comment about the swash was because I saw the stocker in the photo and I assumed you knew that the stock swash is not good for this set up. Now for the larger balls on the stock inner swash, there is not enough clearance once you put the larger balls on for the swash driver arms to snap on without severe binding on the swash. I suppose you could file the plastic on the bottom of the arms but I sure would not do it for strength reasons. That would open up a very potential possibility to a disaster. See if you can hunt down a hdx 450 swash, helidirect has thenm at times and cnc heli has them I am pretty sure. A rave 450 swash works also but a bit pricey.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

here you go , at cnc heli. You may wish to swap the anti rotation pin with the one on your stock swash. Though what comes with it the ball may not interfer anyways but you still have to move it to the other side of the swash and add a ball for the elevator. I would also purchase the newer t-rex 450 balls that are one piece. (not a seperate screw and ball and use them as they are machined quite a bit better.

http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...SX-head/Detail
Old 02-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thank you very much. Scott you have been extremely helpful, I have no hard feelings, It just seemed like I got flamed for a sec is all. I am fairly new to this hobby, Still reading and learning. I truly appreciate your help. Sorry if I come off as a pest for ask alot of ?'s. but even with search's, I am still left with more questions. Even when I read the AR7200BX book and I think that I have a semi-understanding of how each item is, i'm still wrong. Thank you again for your help. I just ordered that part you linked to.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

you can pm me anytime. I am on the forum quite a bit but do not come to the 400 section to often anymore. If you have questions and pm me I will more than likely get it. I get many pm's a day for fbl help. Ya I know the search function here gives people fits. I think I usually find what I am looking for only because I have read the post way back sometime. I have 4 helis all with beasty and pretty much know it like the back of my hand. PS you will want to do a bit of fileing on the outer swash below the elevator ball to get a steeper angle on it for optimim geometry. Just dont get up into the area where the ball mounts and dont remove to much material to weaken it. Best to file with a ball that you dont care about installed so you dont get into the mount area.
Cheers, Scott S
Old 02-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

just when I think I have all my parts to complete this damn thing, now I do not have screws to secure the 4.7mm balls to the swash. getting frustrated with order after order. when I order something why can't the obvious be stated and say hey, you know those balls do not come with screws to attach them, you need these as well. whata concept.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

custom builds can be a kinda pain in the arse sometimes! This is why I suggested back a little ways in this thread that you order some of the newer style t-rex 450 balls that are one piece ball and screw. Just get the whole set of them as they are much nicer machined than the seperate ball and screw type. Especialy on the swash you just ordered I think the balls that come with it are not that great. I will post a link for the balls shortly or at least a pic and part number. I still use the e-flite stock balls on the servo arms but everything else is the larger rex type ! You will use the short ones in this set only. If you need em fast why not get them from readyheli in florida or if you have a local hobby shop that sells trex they probably have em! OH you may want some plastic links for them also if you do not have em!

http://helidirect.com/align-linkage-...ro-p-11147.hdx
Old 02-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Funny you say that about recommending those 1pc Balls. As soon as I seen what I received, and noticed that I did not have a , you know there no way to say this without it sounding too funny. anyways, what you had said echoed in my head as I severely kicked my self in the arse. I have the hdx450 squash hopefully coming in tomorrow or the next, it should have the screws in the balls, if not, it'll be yet another few days until i can finally finish the setup of the heli. with 20+mph winds daily, i wouldn't be able to fly it yet anyways.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in