Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > NX4

NX4 Discussion and support of the Gaui NX4 Nitro Helicopter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 02:53 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well shows they`ve been properly loctited in
Mine where very tight as well, but could be opened up without heat just 2 good quality hex wrenches.
Maybe you need some heat to break up the loctite, i`d try and put a soldering iron (large one not a dinky electronic low watt iron) to the blade grip bolt. once itīs heated up properly try again.
meatbomber is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 06:17 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes they are for sure loctited! I just wish the other dampers were already installed. I only have a dinky iron so I may swing by the hobby shop to get them loosened up.
joallen001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Try loosing it up by placing in your oven.
vteknical is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

To answer the OP's original question... How do I feel about the NX4?

At the moment, I feel like I want to get a refund.
AMA #934662
caralmar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by caralmar View Post
To answer the OP's original question... How do I feel about the NX4?

At the moment, I feel like I want to get a refund.
What Happened?
Old 12-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by joallen001 View Post
What Happened?
See my other thread... pitch slider broke mid flight... to be more accurate, mid mobius, which sent the tail whipping like mad at about 7ft off the deck. Just enough time to hit TH and kill the engine before she smacked the ground.

SICK OF THESE mechanical/quality problems man. That bushing should last hundreds of flights...not the handful I have on it. Same thing happened to Taus. My 600Pro has over 700 flights on it and that slider has never failed on it.

Gaui releases a kit with zero parts support for a month (and at the moment, you can only get them from one vendor). They send it out with the wrong bolts for the servos. The clunk line bubbles and breaks in half... and you know what the worst part is about that particular problem? The DESIGNER for this helicopter damn well knew this was an issue and kept quiet about it until he let the cat out of the bag on his YouTube video, and the same goes for the crappy blades the kit comes with. Same with the engine fan problem...it warps and sends magnets flying off.

They stupidly put the switch location right up front, where no human can get to it without removing the canopy. If I have to take the canopy off anyway, then why the freak do I need a switch? And you already know about my gripes about the canopy... and if you want a new one, better be ready to spend as if this was a .90 sized machine.

I'm getting the bad feeling that I made a terrible mistake with this heli. I have just plunked down more dough into stocking up on parts for it (of course I didn't get the stupid slider), so I'll give it a bit more time before I throw in the towel, but it ain't looking good at this moment.

Carlos.
AMA #934662
Old 12-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dam this scares me into wanting to build mine now. Maybe I should sell it instead. Companies are gonna have release issue and sometimes it's a lot of problems and sometimes not many at all. What's important is that the company stand behind it and get the problems fixed ASAP without to much questioning and hassle. I have read alot on this slider issue and I believe that gaui should be sending us all new ones. Doesn't matter if we take them apart and they look good or not. It could be stressed and not noticed. Why make us risk it all for 15 bucks. Come on gaui all u have to do is stand up and make this stuff good and everyone will over look the issues and be happy if we just get some support.
Alignnitro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 10:00 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Guys,

I feel the need to step in here because I don't want one person's misfortune to steamroll into a pandemic...

Judging from what I am seeing on the forums, less than a handful of people have had a tail pitch slider fail. I am very sorry this happened and hope that you can contact the Distributor to work something out...

This tail pitch slider is the same one we have been using in the X4 & X5 kits, which have been available for more than 3 years. Since we began NX4 testing, we have used that same exact part with absolutely no issues. I must also say that every NX4 I help set up and get flying does not have an issue, nor have I seen one fail in person.

Please be assured that we are looking into the issue. Perhaps it could be a factory assembling error, or something else- I am not sure. I am speaking with R&D in Taiwan about it and hopefully we can find something out soon.

For the rest of you... build your kits and go fly them! I do not believe there is anything here to be worried about.

Cheers,

Last edited by wattybotts; 12-16-2012 at 10:00 AM.. Reason: Took out my name twice
wattybotts is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 11:04 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have gone through 9 flights so far, 6 of which are hovering breaking in the engine, and I start flying around in the last 3 flights. So far, I do not find any issue with it. The only parts that I do not use the stock parts are the two screws for securing the clutch shoe and the clunk link. Overall, I like it!

Rudy
rudyy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love my NX4..... Great build and it flies awesome..... No troubles it's my favorite new Heli.700N has been getting no air time. Lol

T.O.R.C.H.S Orlando Member And T.R.A.C.S Tampa Member
Gator1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I sold my 600N for this and have been happy with it with no problems other than the fan (no big deal). Better power to weight ratio with less fuel consumption. Thanks JC and Pinion for talking me into this @ the Aero Hobbies fun fly and of course GAUI for this awesome heli!
Spektrum iX12
hoelshot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

I too sold my 600n and am really enjoying the NX4.

tauseef
Old 12-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've lost count of the flights I have on my NX4. It's definitely over 20 and I haven't had a lick of trouble with it. In fact I'm quite impressed with how it flies and really enjoying it!

I didn't do anything special with the fan, just put plenty of CA in the magnet holes. The tail pitch slider has worked fine. I've never had a problem with it on the X5 either or ever seen anyone have a problem with it.

The GAUI stock main blades seemed ok to me, doing 3D. They were a little soft but not something that that concerned me. I do however like the EDGE blades better.

The only things that have been a challenge are connecting a push glow to the Mini Vbar which I solved with a remote glow and the canopy is a little tight.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

As far as the tail setup goes. Do you center the arm just like the manual says? Looks like some offset is built in? Or is everyone lining up by folding the blades over?
Old 12-18-2012, 08:44 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by joallen001 View Post
As far as the tail setup goes. Do you center the arm just like the manual says? Looks like some offset is built in? Or is everyone lining up by folding the blades over?
90 degrees... Offset is built in.
AMA #934662
Old 12-18-2012, 09:42 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I gave mine about 1 degree against torque in the neutral setup position.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in