Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G JR Radios

2.4G JR Radios JR 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2007, 10:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Throttle cut?

Hi guys,

The DXy does not have a throttle cut button. I flew my raptor 90SE on it yesterday. I went into hold from idle up 2 but the trimming down method would not work to cut the motor in this mode. How have you guys got your cut setup? or do you just flip to normal flight mode and trim it down to cut it?

Cheers,

- Luke
crudd-bucket is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2007, 10:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't have a nitro bird, but I would have to say/guess that you would have to goto normal and adjust the trim to get the engine to shut down.
T-Rex 450SA,JR DS285 ,JR DS3400G ,JR 500T,DX7 with AR6100
fllyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2007, 09:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm not familiar enough with that radio to say for sure but on the Futaba the CUT wont work unless the throttle percentage is below a set amont AND the stick is below a preset amount. Is it possible since you were in throttle hold the stick wasn't bottomed out?

Though it wouldn't surprise me if it only worked in Normal mode.
http://www.jaxrc.com
BarracudaHockey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2007, 11:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

on the DX7 Throttle recovery (throttle cut) only works with throttle at 0 if I recall the manual correctly. I don't fly nitro but I believe it's more remembering your idle position than the cut position. You could use one of the programmable mixes to force a cut based on a switch position. I'd have to play with it to figure out the actual programming.
Jermo
Jerry Moore, AMA #878954,TARANIS OpenTX- Pantera 600 FB - Pantera .60 FB - Takes a licking and keeps on kicking! KISSAM = Keep It Simple Stupid: Affordable, Maintainable -
Visit Early and often - http://open-txu.org
Jermo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2007, 12:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Team Taco CEO

Programmable mixes does not work when you have throttle hold on. I don't see any easy way to do it other than... go back to normal mode, bring throttle stick down, go off throttle hold and hold throttle trim down. When motor shuts off (with throttle recovery active) one up click on throttle trim will bring throttle to normal. At lease this way your radio will be at the right position the next time you turn on the transmitter.

Don't Taco My Pack, Bro! ,
Why crash when you can POUND it!
fireup is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2007, 01:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kevin,
How were you able to determine that pmix does't work with throttle hold on? The documentation doesn't indicate that to be the case. I'll play with it when I get home from work but I can't find where the manual (found an online download) states pmixes don't operate with throttle hold on. In fact they list the hold button as one of the optional buttons the pmix can be programmed with. I'm sure somebody has figured this out. If in fact Spektrum has disabled mixing for throttle hold that's just doesn't make any sense at all.
Jermo
Jerry Moore, AMA #878954,TARANIS OpenTX- Pantera 600 FB - Pantera .60 FB - Takes a licking and keeps on kicking! KISSAM = Keep It Simple Stupid: Affordable, Maintainable -
Old 03-19-2007, 04:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for info so far guys I'd have to say this is a huge negative point to the DX7 unfortunately (that it does not have a cut button)
Old 03-19-2007, 04:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just got home..I'll play with it, there has to be a way.. I'm stubborn like that
Jermo
Old 03-19-2007, 04:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Team Taco CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermo
I just got home..I'll play with it, there has to be a way.. I'm stubborn like that
Jermo
There is a way... tell Spektrum to update the firmware!! :mrgreen:

Don't Taco My Pack, Bro! ,
Why crash when you can POUND it!
fireup is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2007, 07:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bah..that's just whack!! it won't let you do anything with throttle hold on. I can get a mix to cut the motor easily but with throttle hold on it ignores all other input/mixes. It makes sense from a safety aspect but boggles the mind for anything else. All I can figure to get around it would be to disable the built in throttle hold feature and setup two mixes to handle throttlehold and throttle cut. I'm not sure how safe that would be tho. It's not that bad to kill the motor with trim tho. I played with the throttle recovery feature. That's pretty nice for startup.
Jermo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in