Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 470 Class Electric Helicopters

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2017, 09:38 PM   #1081 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been using the Align red threadlock for the last several months without issue. After having several brand new Align kits I've gotten several (small) bottles of it.

I never really used the blue stuff. I ran out of that and started using only red - sparingly - and couldn't be happier.
Number is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2017, 09:24 PM   #1082 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got the P kit ordered today along with a couple batteries, main blades, tail blades and a set of the reverse turnbucles.....and 2 batteries from value hobby ...total was like $490

girlfriend had a fit.....didn't want to spend that much, but everything i need is included....
gassprint1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2017, 11:05 PM   #1083 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

very good
Jim952 likes this.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:32 PM   #1084 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gassprint1 View Post
Got the P kit ordered today along with a couple batteries, main blades, tail blades and a set of the reverse turnbucles.....and 2 batteries from value hobby ...total was like $490

girlfriend had a fit.....didn't want to spend that much, but everything i need is included....
Lol! Hopefully sleeping on the couch is worth it!

I still need a RX and battery. Building this weekend.

CrashyCrashy
CrashyCrashy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2017, 02:12 PM   #1085 (permalink)
Registered Users

used to sleeping on the couch. it's alot softer than the bed at times.......i'm going to be useing a sat receiver and ordered 1500 40C batteries from value hobby.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:11 PM   #1086 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ordered the LM one yesterday with Gens ace 1400 packs. Happy ....
flyswatter40 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2017, 11:00 PM   #1087 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm going to use a Spektrum AR7700 with Sat and 14-1500 packs.

CrashyCrashy
CrashyCrashy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2017, 05:52 PM   #1088 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DS450M Servo Arms- Needed

Guys, I busted the cyclic servo arm. Where can I get a replacement? I looked all over and found these:

http://grandrc.com/Electronics-Servo...duct_info.html

but it says: Suitable for servos of ALIGN DS410/DS420/DS410M (no mention of DS450M)

So will these work?

thx
Jeff
poiyt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2017, 06:08 PM   #1089 (permalink)
Registered Users

i would think you could count the splines and get one at your local shop instead of paying for shipping on top of the price of the arm.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:24 PM   #1090 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gassprint1 View Post
i would think you could count the splines and get one at your local shop instead of paying for shipping on top of the price of the arm.
local shop ain't local; gotta order online...beside tooth/spline count, would still be helpful to know these will work
poiyt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2017, 07:09 PM   #1091 (permalink)
Registered Users

well after further searching an such i have to change my asnswer on this as i don't want to screw you up. usally i can back track servo gear set and such for interchange. don't get this info...sorry

agter alot of cross checking, nothing about the 450's. but i did find they are futaba spline. check here for the breakaways arms. outa wisconsin. http://www.anythingheli.com/gear-pro...taba-align-bk/

Last edited by gassprint1; 02-26-2017 at 03:22 AM..
Old 02-28-2017, 02:22 AM   #1092 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Alternative servo arm

Do you know 3rd party breakable servo arm for DS450M ?
Original servo arm DS4 looks strong and may break servo gear not the arm.
Anyone use other servo arm? and recommand?
chan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2017, 08:15 AM   #1093 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris7830 View Post
Hi guys,

The latest version of the manual (oct 2016) tells you to put the tail servo ball in the innermost hole of the horn. It's all well and fine except you can't put the nut due to the 'outer' molding of the spline. So what did you do? A dab of CA and no nut or middle hole and a nut ?
I installed second hole and no problem with 'nutting'.
Do I need to change to inner most hole? I installed 74mm tail blades and 38.5mm longer tail shaft.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:54 AM   #1094 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been using the ds4 servo arms and had a few crashes with them now. Usually the arms break on me and I haven't lost a set of gears on the ds450 servos yet. I also don't run the nut on the ball links and use supper glue to to keep them tight. I'm not sure there is much to be gained by running break aways on these.

They are futaba splines on them in case you want to give them a try. I had looked at getting some but after 4 crashes and no broken gears I'm thinking I will just keep the ds4 horns.

I've noticed that the 470 takes being put into the dirt very well and is a fairly robust heli. I ended up putting mine in this weekend on pavement and am surprised at how little was damaged. It's less than I expected, basically it's main blades, tail shaft, boom, some links and servo horns again.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:03 PM   #1095 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you HeliLust.
Your information very valueable to me.
I'll think twice using breakable servo horn and thinking moving to innermost hole.

And do you use tail servo ball in the innermost hole?
I installed second hole and upgraded 74mm blades and longer shaft and thinking moving to innermost hole.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:45 PM   #1096 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've found the opposite to be true for mine. With the long shaft and 74 mm tail blades I went to the outer most hole on the servo horn. To me it's a matter of getting the most linear movement out of the servo. On the middle hole I was reaching the limit twards the blade grips all the way with the servo having to move a whole lot for the last 3/16". It was a little better going twards the tail boom. It's hard to tell what the geometry is like with the microbeast because of the way it's setup and you just set the limits to not bind.

With other FBL choices it's easy to get to the point where travel is the same either direction and the motion is the most linear. For me it's very important to be able to piro left as best as the heli can it's my dominate direction and coupled with high altitude at my flying location makes it difficult for any heli I have to get right.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:20 AM   #1097 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I get inconsistent piro rates. Tail left is pretty slow and tail right is pretty fast.

I'm still a newbie with this microbeast.

After going through the tail setup, is it a matter of turning down the rudder atv for right rudder to get same piro speed in both directions?

The D/R menu in my radio (dx7 g1) effects speed in both directions so that is not an option to change there.

I also notice sometimes the piro rate on left rudder (clockwise) starts slow then speeds up. What setting for this?

[Trex 600N, V-Bar] [Trex 450ProV2, 3Gx] [Trex 470LM Microbeast Plus]
squibcakes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2017, 12:48 AM   #1098 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Just started

just started the build, however didn't get too far. back is friggin killing me an i have only took the main rotor assy and swash apart..degreased screws an studs. lubed what needed it and thread locked the screws. didn't get links made up yet. the kit links look like they are counter threaded shafts. they look just like the counter thread shaft kit i ordered.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:53 AM   #1099 (permalink)
Registered Users

if it is slow then speeds up, sounds like it is binding. as far as one way being faster than the other, did you set expo and end points. if you don't set end points, it will try to over travel and your going to burn the servo out. i would start out setting rudder with no extra settings. set your end points then adjust from there. no curves until everything is ready for final adjustment. you start setting this and that and you'll end up with different things to figure out.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:41 AM   #1100 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default main frame braces

anyone find it a lil odd that the "P" would only come with 1 frame brace and not the 3. wouldn't that make it more sturdy with them.

got most of the frame built. i did run into an issue though with the main shaft alignment. everything was left loose. put it on a flat surface...dropped the shaft into the holders. what i ran into was when i tighten the lower holder, i can't seem to get the shaft to slide in an out like butter. there is a lil resistance in the bottom. i started with the top then tightened the bottom and lastly the middle...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in