Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gasser Helicopters

Gasser Helicopters Gasser Specific Discussion

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2014, 09:31 PM   #181 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Originally ran mine with reg 87 octane with ethanol mixed with Pennzoil Fully Synthetic. Worked fine.

TRM Power - RC Racing Engines - - Blackout Mods Conversions - - VP Racing / Powermaster Fuels - - Gas-Powered-Helicopters.com
Doug Darby is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2014, 11:37 PM   #182 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Doug!
Old 12-06-2014, 06:21 AM   #183 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey,
I also got the Go Gh56 in my Raptor 30, and on the beginnig I had a lot of trouble with it.
In previous post (#60)here, my video was viewed.And yes it is a raptor 30
After i got my motor replaced it runs a lot better.

just a few questions.

you talk about "break it in slow". I posted the prodcedure in some german forums, and everybody was screaming. They say to run a engine without blades couldnt be good for any motor??????

Anyway, I did now 2 tanks without Blades at idele, 2 Tanks without baldes and sometimes throttle. After everybode told me to mount the blades, I started on the 5th tank with slow flying. The tempereture was allways below 133 deg/celsius(dont konw how much F/deg this is)

Do you think when I continue like this , it will just work fine for my enginge??

Im also wondering a little about the high needle. I started at 0,5 low and 1,5high.
But when I tryed to lift of, the motor lost power and I needed to go back to idle.
I closed the high to 1, and now the engine runs ok (still some 4 stroking) Is this still ok. what setup has your carburetor??

After I had the problems with my old motor, my distibuter told me that the Gas/oil mix isnt right. The manual tells me 1:10 , he said I have to use 8:2. (okt95 and full synth oil)
waht do you think??

So enought for the moment.

Wish you all a nice weekend (here in germany its bitter cold and rainy)

see ya
Sanyo

Ps. excuse my english, Im out of practice
sanyo66 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2014, 07:02 AM   #184 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sounds like everything is working as planned....

I would run the fuel mixture recommended by the manufacturer. I run 10:1 and I may experiment with less oil like 15:1 or 20:1 but knowing its at my expense if I trash the engine.

TRM Power - RC Racing Engines - - Blackout Mods Conversions - - VP Racing / Powermaster Fuels - - Gas-Powered-Helicopters.com
Doug Darby is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2014, 07:10 AM   #185 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello Sanyo,
Welcome to this forum. I read your comments on GE forum (I reported it in post #65).
But I did not find any useful information. I started a forum here in Czech, but nobody had any experiences with this engine.
When I used this engine, I break in it with 7:3 full synthetic oil and I ran it without blades and with very low RPM (cca 2000-3000).
I think that most important is to not overspead the engine (there is a risk, when you start it without blades). But it is only my idea - I do not have big experiences with engines.
Then, I used 9:1, Natural 95 octan fuel, with Liqui Moly RACING SCOOTER 2T SYNTH.

I had problems with temperature, but I would say, that it could be caused by lean engine even I set the needles according user manual. I had problems to tune the CiCa pipe as well.
Then, I overhead the pipe - see picture (1 - the seal).
I checked the engine and... - see picture (2 - engine inside). I do not know how it could be caused - the reason could be that I started from a road, where was sand... Maybe, it was overhead...
There are no scratches, when I touch it... It is only visual...

Then, I used TT50 pipe and it was better to tune it and I worked fine! Temperature was about 140 - 150. Until I crashed.... It was not caused by my, but with a technique - bad luck is that I do not know the reason. The crash looks:
x I normally fly, I was about 30 meters and I hover.
x I pressed negative collective and went down.
x The helicopter started moving to left side and I cannot turn it back (no response) until it crashed.
x See picture (3 - crash)

The reason might be vibrations and the FBL unit (BD-3sX) was overloaded. I do not know.
After the crash, I decided to rebuild the heli to Zenoah 231 because of offer from Heli-Word (conversion kit + Zenoah 231 only for 450 USD).
I am before break in procedure now - see picture (4 - newheli).

Well, I have the engine 56 at home, but I do not have where to put in. I am wondering about Gaui NX4 with this engine or mount it in my Raptor 50...

For conversion GH56 from Rex600 to Raptor, I would only need the fan.
What I would need for installation GH56 from T-Rex600 in to Gaui NX4?

Roman
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	the seal.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	553974   Click image for larger version

Name:	engine_inside.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	553975   Click image for larger version

Name:	crash.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	478.3 KB
ID:	553976   Click image for larger version

Name:	NewHeli.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	245.2 KB
ID:	553977  
SlezY83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2014, 07:14 AM   #186 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Darby View Post
Sounds like everything is working as planned....

I would run the fuel mixture recommended by the manufacturer. I run 10:1 and I may experiment with less oil like 15:1 or 20:1 but knowing its at my expense if I trash the engine.
I was looking, how much could cost and Sleeve (ASC Type), Piston Ring, Piston (ASC Type) would costs about 40 USD + postage (via a seller on ebay). = no dramatic expenses.

How looks the engine, when you fly 20:1? How much liters you have through?

Roman
Old 12-08-2014, 08:05 PM   #187 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanyo66 View Post
you talk about "break it in slow". I posted the prodcedure in some german forums, and everybody was screaming. They say to run a engine without blades couldnt be good for any motor??????
Running an engine without load is fine, as long as you dont allow it to over rev (quite easy with small engines).
-Goblin 500, HC3SX, Hyp DH16/MKS980BL, Scorp 4015-1100
desertstalker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2015, 11:44 PM   #188 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default go g56 throttle problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlezY83 View Post
Well, let’s start the story from begging… I will try to write to structured.

WHY:
I wanted s gasser helicopter because or running costs and simply not losing the time in the field (simply refuel the tank and fly again).
I wanted to learn some advanced figures like invert flying etc… It means that the output power is not too much critical. But it seems, that the engine has enough power – see here (not my videos):
GO .56 Gas Heli. Engine in Align T-Rex 600 - YouTube
GO 56 Gasoline Heli Engine - YouTube

I didn’t want to spend much money for high powered Zenoah (about 400 USD) and conversion of the frame (about 300 USD). For all items, I would have to pay import tax – about 21%. And some other things, like tubes, filters, etc…
Therefore, I decided to buy Go Engine GH56 with the muffler. It costs about 266 USD engine and 82 USD for muffler. It is about 350 USD and not necessary to pay import tax (ordered from Germany).

MY PROBLEMS:
At the beginning, I have to say, that I have no experiences and little experiences with glow engines.
1) Firs problem was with the carburetor. See the videos here:
Go Engine GH56 - Carburetor Problem - NoOnTheTable - YouTube
Go Engine GH56 - Carburetor problem - YouTube
– The problem was only when the engine was running.
SALUTION: Some colleagues recommend me to not tight the carburetor to the engine too strong. This situation is possible to see with TT RedLine53 as well.
I loosen the screw a little bit and fix it by Loctite 243 (till 180 Celsius degrees).
I installed push pull system for sure as well…
2) Second problem was with the disturbance of FBL unit. See here:
Gas Helicopter - Ignition and electronic from one battery - YouTube
But it was caused by improperly fixed spark plug and spark plug cap.
I have to rename the video

MY OBSERVATIONS:
Low speed needle:
- The zero position (totally closed) is only when you totally close the throttle.
Tubes:
Never ever nobody use silicon tubes :-). For running without blades, I haven’t yet flexible gas tube. The silicon one was broken after about one hour (broken in connection)
Gas tank:
Original Align gas tank was a little bit curved because of gasoline – therefore I have replaced it.

MY QUESTION:
What kind of tube you use? I have a neoprene one, but it is not too flexible and from packaging is curved because of memory effect. I have one perbutan one now. Seems to be better, but not the same as silicon one.

IMPORTANT QUESTION :-):
How you fix a spark plug with spark plug cap to avoid losing contact and disturbance from ignition?
The throttle jamming is the two mounting screws are overtightened loosen them a bit and will be fine
jandlz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2015, 09:59 PM   #189 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up go gh56

Hi
Running In , issues found,
1 Throttle sticking , cured by not over tightening 2 carb mounting screws.

2 starter jamming , cure me not noticing lock washer missing between fan and shaft nut , also locktited threads for xtra safety.

3 servos jittering , cure , me again plug cap not on tight.

running in at factory recommended 4:1 , will fly with 5:1 as per makers,
remember big end of conrod is only a plain bearing not a needle.
starts good idles good carb nicely responsive to setting changes.
so far happy with motor.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:21 PM   #190 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default gas ratio

The go g56 is identical to a nitro engine internally , when you look at nitro fuels the run from 17 to 21% lube. So my thinking is 6:1 to 4:1 for the gasser.
Old 07-19-2015, 03:37 PM   #191 (permalink)
Registered Users

Motor seems O.K. but short hovers result in good startoff then after couple of minutes looses power then stops . starts straight up again. Have had starting probs with no spark , then it comes back all on its own and good for rest of day. Yesterday completely dead . This could be related to engine rough and stopping during hover. Go's instructions and rcxel's differ on power requirement . Go say 6.3v to 8.4v rcxel say rated 4.8 to 6v max of 7v . measured my 7.4 lipo and it is over 8v fully charged , could have damaged unit but according to Go it can handle it but not according to the manufacturer.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:24 AM   #192 (permalink)
Registered Users

This behavior can be caused by running lean.
What was engine temperature during fly - stop - after landing?
What is your needle settings?
Old 07-25-2015, 12:46 PM   #193 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Clunk

Hi,

Which clunk are you using with the GO .56 engine; the one that comes with the TRex 600N or a Zenoah type?
Old 08-09-2015, 12:33 AM   #194 (permalink)
Registered Users

use bronze particle clunk , can run heli for various amounts of time (5,10,20, min) then it stops dead . starts straight away cannot find why ?
Old 08-20-2015, 04:06 PM   #195 (permalink)
Registered Users

Think stopping prob is piston momentarily nipping up. May get better as motor runs in.
Old 08-21-2015, 03:37 AM   #196 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandlz View Post
Think stopping prob is piston momentarily nipping up. May get better as motor runs in.
The engine should not stop suddenly. There is something wrong.
When it happened to me, the engine was lean and too hot at the moment (it was at the beginning when I did not have much experiences with the engine).

If the engine is too hot, the piston little expands and interfering with piston sleeve.

Double check you are on the rich side...

Roman
Old 10-13-2015, 01:16 AM   #197 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default turning the corner

my ignition was dead, have a new one now . added telemetry, found was running at 470 degrees F , tried richening but found that main needle did nothing was nearly right out , then discovered that slotted needle controlled the mixture. It is very touchy but has brought temp down to 360 degrees F.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:51 AM   #198 (permalink)
Registered Users

470F (240C) is toooo much!
I would check the piston whether is still ok without any scratches (I made some scratches on pisfon, when I had 180C).
But it depends, where you are measuring the temperature. I think, that you should find my photo somewhere here, where I placed the sensor.

What is your mixture needle settings?
User manual recommend about 0,5 turn out (FROM FULLY CLOSED THROTTLE!), but I started 1 turn out from fully closed throttle (or 3 turns out from fully open throttle). The right setting would be somewhere between 0,5 and 1 turn out (from fully closed throttle)

My H needle settings were about 2 turns out (not sure exactly now).

EVERYTIME START FROM MORE OPEN NEEDLES and then go back with 1/16 steps.

Roman
Old 10-15-2015, 08:28 PM   #199 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 600 trex GO56

took it out for a fly today , temp ranging from 290-360 F. getting 30 min to a tank of gas, went through 3 tanks . Haven't checked settings yet. Telemetry is a must to get temp correct.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:12 PM   #200 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default go motor settings

checked l/s needle 1 turn out
h/s needle 1 1/2 turns out

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in