Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Nitro Helicopters

600 Class Nitro Helicopters 600 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2011, 03:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 600N with OS55 HZ

I had an issue with my engine bearing block having some play in the bearings. I took it out and replaced the bearings and the block with the metal one. I went out to the park today and it seems the clutch is binding which I think is causing my engine to run backward!!! Ok before I get flamed for being a noob I put my finger on the output shaft from the engine and confirmed that it was running backward as well as having a more experienced nitro heli pilot check it out. The main gear was also turning backward and the rotor head would coast in reverse (not really any power behind it, just slowly turning)

Has anyone had this issue? Any help would be awesome.
Zorgnot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2011, 04:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Glow engines will start backwards every now and then. Happened to my OS-55 once that I can remember. If you keep a higher idle and don't yank the starter out of the cone the instant the engine fires, you'll minimize the chances of this happening.

Of course, if you suspect a mechanical problem, you should tend to that immediately.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O View Post
Glow engines will start backwards every now and then. Happened to my OS-55 once that I can remember. If you keep a higher idle and don't yank the starter out of the cone the instant the engine fires, you'll minimize the chances of this happening.

Of course, if you suspect a mechanical problem, you should tend to that immediately.
+1 on what Bob said.A weak starter will also make the motor run backward's.Happend to me on every nitro I owned so far when I let the starter run down to low .They do sound funny if you give it some throttle haha.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys! I took the clutch out an it had broken in two pieces. So that may of ha something to do with it. I'm pretty new to nitro so I haven't had a ton of issues yet.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My OS50 starterd backwards a couple of times while breaking it in.
AlvaSpeed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2011, 09:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorgnot View Post
Thanks guys! I took the clutch out an it had broken in two pieces. So that may of ha something to do with it. I'm pretty new to nitro so I haven't had a ton of issues yet.
So how did the clutch break? Was it okay when you replaced the engine bearing block, then broke on the first time out after that?
Old 06-23-2011, 09:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I didn't notice anything wrong with it. There may have been a crack in it, I'm not sure. I should have taken a closer look. The clutch was grabbing before the change and thought it was play in the bearings, but I think it was a faulty clutch. I've ordered a new bell and the lynx heavy duty clutch. Hopefully that will fix the issue. I'm starting to think I should have gone with the electric 600. I do like the smoke and noise of the nitro though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in