Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2014, 10:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking Pictures! My RKH rotary build

I made some progress on the assembly of my first build today and thought some of you may enjoy some pictures . I was sucked into this hobby late August '13 and after spending some time around HF I had the itch to do a build myself . Lots of great ideas and information around here, thanks to all that have contributed (even if you don't know you did) .

Still a long way to go but here's where I am so far:

Comments and opinions welcome

-Kevin
wsntme is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2014, 11:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I really like that frame. Very minimalist. Are you going stretch?
OXY rep
DCflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2014, 11:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes, this will be a 150 with lynx tbsr system.

I just got my 112t main gear in the mail today, thanks to Scott S. for the heads up on the gear size issue

Currently waiting on my tailcase assembly and my servo ends/pins. Picking up my CF servo braces tomorrow, again thanks to Scott S. (and Dylwad of course).
Old 01-25-2014, 11:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks a LOT like what i'm going to build.....I have two GY280's on the way also. Going to take the Bigaole out of my other build to save some weight.

I'm going to be using this canopy in my second one though.....I absolutely love it.

https://www.helifreak.com/attachment...2&d=1386732692
pmerritt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2014, 11:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
Looks a LOT like what i'm going to build.....I have two GY280's on the way also. Going to take the Bigaole out of my other build to save some weight.

I'm going to be using this canopy in my second one though.....I absolutely love it.

https://www.helifreak.com/attachment...2&d=1386732692
Sweet, you'll be able to assist me when I get stuck .

I like that canopy! This is the one I have that I think I'll use, but I'll probably fly a stocker often .
Old 01-25-2014, 11:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like your canopy too.....btw, nice paint job on your AR guide.
pmerritt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2014, 12:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
I like your canopy too.....btw, nice paint job on your AR guide.
haha, nice of you to notice my sharpie paint job! I hit it with a base coat of lime green followed by a coat of the standard forest green It's better than that white I thought. I sharpied my custom mounts too, except for the bottom (my tribute to the hobby store that started it all, LOL).
Old 01-26-2014, 09:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here are a couple showing my ghetto esc mount

Old 01-26-2014, 01:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsntme View Post
Yes, this will be a 150 with lynx tbsr system.

I just got my 112t main gear in the mail today, thanks to Scott S. for the heads up on the gear size issue

Currently waiting on my tailcase assembly and my servo ends/pins. Picking up my CF servo braces tomorrow, again thanks to Scott S. (and Dylwad of course).

116T main gear and 9T pinion works better on stretch
OXY rep
Old 01-26-2014, 02:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCflyer View Post
116T main gear and 9T pinion works better on stretch
Rakon frame will not accept a 116 toot main gear. Plus when running a talon 15 esc in set rpm governor mode with a 1102 3s motor and stretched then a 112 tooth main gear and 10 tooth pinion is definitely the way to go. You gear for your set up. Lynx recommendations are not for every type of set up there is LOL!
This will yield ideal governed head speeds from 4500 to 4900.
I have 3 flight modes so will run 4500, 4700,and 4900 and all in the happy overhead needed range of the set rpm governor. PERFECT!
I also have 5 years plus experience using set rpm governor in castle esc's. Trust me, I know them like the back of my hand LOL!
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2014, 02:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Phew just checked and the lynx 3S comes with 10 as well as 9 tooth pinion

Just stripped my 112 main though and was going to replace it with my 116! Will have to use that on my other bird then and use the 112 xtreme AR setup with this...
Old 01-26-2014, 02:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott s View Post
Rakon frame will not accept a 116 toot main gear. Plus when running a talon 15 esc in set rpm governor mode with a 1102 3s motor and stretched then a 112 tooth main gear and 10 tooth pinion is definitely the way to go. You gear for your set up. Lynx recommendations are not for every type of set up there is LOL!
I have 3 flight modes so will run 4500, 4700,and 4900 and all in the happy overhead needed range of the set rpm governor. PERFECT!
I also have 5 years plus experience using set rpm governor in castle esc's. Trust me, I know them like the back of my hand LOL!
Is that with stretch though Scott?
Old 01-26-2014, 03:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhujang View Post
Is that with stretch though Scott?
Jeez that is what is typed in the text!!

"Plus when running a talon 15 esc in set rpm governor mode with a 1102 3s motor and stretched then a 112 tooth main gear and 10 tooth pinion is definitely the way to go"
Old 01-26-2014, 03:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Jeez that is what is typed in the text!!

"Plus when running a talon 15 esc in set rpm governor mode with a 1102 3s motor and stretched then a 112 tooth main gear and 10 tooth pinion is definitely the way to go"
Got ya! Hey you use cntl c cntl p advice can't remember the user who suggested it.

Sorry m8 I re read it as well and still didn't see the word stretch til you pointed it out! Must be going blind. Didn't mean to make you repeat yourself
Old 01-26-2014, 06:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default More Pictures - Servo Brace

I picked up my Astroid Designs scott s signature series servo braces today so here are some more pictures. Lovely fit! I think I really only need longer screws for the front servo though .

Oh, don't mind the purple loom...was the only color in that size. This was to test the size and I think I can get away with the 4mm i have on order since this is essentially 6mm and is big.

Last edited by wsntme; 01-26-2014 at 09:47 PM..
Old 01-26-2014, 06:57 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhujang View Post
Got ya! Hey you use cntl c cntl p advice can't remember the user who suggested it.

Sorry m8 I re read it as well and still didn't see the word stretch til you pointed it out! Must be going blind. Didn't mean to make you repeat yourself

LOL, that was me being a smartass. Was going to be a smartass again and reference him using my advice but i see that you beat me to it!
Old 01-26-2014, 07:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
You didn't say it was a 3s motor in your original post so I assumed it was a 2s. So with 5800kv you're good at 10T. I know Castle's quite well myself - 3 of my birds currently run them and gearing has always been one of my favorite parts of building so I was just trying to help you get the most out of your bird.
OXY rep
Old 01-26-2014, 07:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
You didn't say it was a 3s motor in your original post so I assumed it was a 2s. So with 5800kv you're good at 10T. I know Castle's quite well myself - 3 of my birds currently run them, all governed, and gearing has always been one of my favorite parts of building so I was just trying to help you get the most out of your bird.
OXY rep
Old 01-26-2014, 07:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ya with the rakon frame you only need longer screws for the front servo. The stock screws are plenty long enough for the rear servos. I should have stated this over on the servo brace forum! Do not get locktite on your servo case tabs. Start the screws and put locktite in from the rear with a tooth pick and do not pile it in there. I am almost tempted to go with way longer screws and just locktite a nut on the back but do not want the weight LOL!
Old 01-26-2014, 07:45 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCflyer View Post
You didn't say it was a 3s motor in your original post so I assumed it was a 2s. So with 5800kv you're good at 10T. I know Castle's quite well myself - 3 of my birds currently run them, all governed, and gearing has always been one of my favorite parts of building so I was just trying to help you get the most out of your bird.
I appreciate the attempt to help out! Unlike you and scott I know nothing about CC esc's (or any esc) as this is my first go so any input is welcomed. I did not mention the 3s but there are pictures

Scott, thanks for your tip on the locktite application. I actually remember this useful bit of information from another thread .

I'm hoping my servo connectors and tailcase show up tomorrow

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in