Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System

Align 3G FBL System Align 3G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3g sucks!!!!

Guys do yourselfs a favor throw your crappy 3g in the garbage where it belongs. Guys get yourselfs a beastx and I promise you will be so happy!!!
driveutwo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2012, 12:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

When you say 3G are you referring to the 3GX? Being somewhat new I'm not sure of there are two models out. I am using the 3GX and it's not bad. Still working on backward drift.

Scott
Old 02-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Na, he's talking about 3G and he got 3.0 in it for sure. 3.0 is a bear to get the tail to hold.
Here's a 3G on my 550.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey.

Personally if you want to get better performance than a 3G you're not going to fit a beastx ( which is no better than a 3G/GX, its just easier to setup) you'd fit a Vbar to actually have any performance increase. But of course you pay for this extra performance in the purchase price.

The 3G/GX's are good units for their cost and once setup work well.

3G's best on V2.1 and 3GX best on V1.1 so far.
Coolice is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2012, 06:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolice View Post
Hey.

Personally if you want to get better performance than a 3G you're not going to fit a beastx ( which is no better than a 3G/GX, its just easier to setup) you'd fit a Vbar to actually have any performance increase. But of course you pay for this extra performance in the purchase price.

The 3G/GX's are good units for their cost and once setup work well.

3G's best on V2.1 and 3GX best on V1.1 so far.
I agree 200% just hang at the bx forum for awhile and you'll see.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

funny ....peaple that dont no how it work so its crap .... i have 2 on my birds dont have the $ 2 change and not willing to change for now 3 g works very good for me BUT i learn how to set it up
beats is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any notice how the 3G and GX performance is determined by the joined date?
Old 02-29-2012, 10:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

i dint realize that but i am pretty shure you are right its like peaple dont do any reserch on anything whe have the same question over and over and over

you have to understand the machine before you fly it
if you cannot set up a gyro on a fb heli you should start there before attempting a fbl setup
alot of guys dont even know whats gain funny no
Old 02-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Both my 3G units where incredible out of the box, up the gains till it felt locked and took verry little tweeking to make it fly just as manageable as the phoenix sim.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad007 View Post
Any notice how the 3G and GX performance is determined by the joined date?
I'm having a h*ll of a time getting the 3GX to work ok and this weekend one of them just shut down mid air and it lit up like a x-mas tree, that have never happend with any of my BeastX's.. The 3GX is a pain in the behind to setup and even after hours spent in the forums and hours spent tweaking the settings I still can't get it to where I want it, well that just puts me off.. It flies, but the heli feels totally unreliable and "disconnected" and I can't fly a machine that behaves like that.. My Beasted and V-barred machines fly like on rails but the 3GX machines have more of a derailed feel to them

I'm no 3D master but I fly well enough to feel the difference between the three systems i currently own and I can honestly say that the 3GX have given me nothing but a headace and a wrecked heli..

I can buy that the 3GX requires more of the user to setup and tweak and that it actually can fly pretty darn good, but that don't mean diddley if I can't trust it to work thru the whole flight and after what happpend this weekend I don't trust the 3GX at all..

I still have a brand new 3GX that I will have another go with because I usually don't give up until things work, but it might take a while before I get arund to it

Oh btw, look at my joined date
Old 02-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

never tried the 3gx yet but if you have a v-bar i would put it on it to check if there any bad vibe thats making the 3gx go crazy

for the price thy sell maybe i would try one 3gx
Old 02-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_larsen View Post
I'm having a h*ll of a time getting the 3GX to work ok and this weekend one of them just shut down mid air and it lit up like a x-mas tree, that have never happend with any of my BeastX's.. The 3GX is a pain in the behind to setup and even after hours spent in the forums and hours spent tweaking the settings I still can't get it to where I want it, well that just puts me off.. It flies, but the heli feels totally unreliable and "disconnected" and I can't fly a machine that behaves like that.. My Beasted and V-barred machines fly like on rails but the 3GX machines have more of a derailed feel to them

I'm no 3D master but I fly well enough to feel the difference between the three systems i currently own and I can honestly say that the 3GX have given me nothing but a headace and a wrecked heli..

I can buy that the 3GX requires more of the user to setup and tweak and that it actually can fly pretty darn good, but that don't mean diddley if I can't trust it to work thru the whole flight and after what happpend this weekend I don't trust the 3GX at all..

I still have a brand new 3GX that I will have another go with because I usually don't give up until things work, but it might take a while before I get arund to it

Oh btw, look at my joined date
Sats blinking and 3GX glitching?
Old 02-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nopz, no blinking sat only a blinking 3GX and literally all leds on the 3GX were blinking like crazy..This was the third flight of the day on this machine and I was doing continous forward flips and all of a sudden the flip rate went crazy.. I pulled the stick back but nothing happend and all I could do was to flip the TH switch and let the heli fall to the ground.. Luckally the ground was very soft and it went in tail first so there were minimal damage.. Due to the fact that TH actually seemed to work and the heli went in with the motor shut down the blades, main gear and pretty much everything else survived the crash. It's "only" a T-Rex 250 so the cost of replacing the blades and so on wouldn't have broken the bank but it's nice it went as well as it did
I decided to test the 3GX on one of my 250's before taking it to a bigger machine just because I've read quite a lot about them resetting in the air and other issues causing the heli to go down. At the moment I'm glad I did

I have a brand new 3GX mounted in my Hurricane 550 but I'm not that keen on trying it because of what happend but at the same time I'm curious as to how it will perform on a bigger machine. I've read that it actually works better in a bigger machine but I don't know if that's true or not.. So far the 3GX have been a total bust in my 250 and the 250 will now get a mini V-Bar just as a test..
Old 02-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's a total power failure when the 3gx is flashing all the leds. You can duplicate it on the bench by cycling the power without cycling the TX. and then you have to power in the proper order twice to get it to work again. Heck maybe even a bad battery connection. The 3GX needs sufficient power and if it does that don't happen. Check the voltage at bind port and watch for voltage drop while working the pitch fast.
Everyone that had that problem was under powered. Mine dropped to 5.2 volts, the sats started to blink and then the 3GX failed. On the Hurricane 550 with a good bec and duel inputs it will work fine.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just tried cycling the power without cycling the TX and the 3GX starts up again like it always does when I connect the battery, only the sat starts to flash indicating a power failure.. No flashing leds on the 3GX as you describe.. I've also stirred the cyclic for some time and at the same time putting some load on the swash, and again nothing.. I'll do some more investigating and see what comes up but now it's almost 1 in the morning in Sweden so it's time to hit the sack
Old 02-29-2012, 07:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_larsen View Post
I just tried cycling the power without cycling the TX and the 3GX starts up again like it always does when I connect the battery, only the sat starts to flash indicating a power failure.. No flashing leds on the 3GX as you describe.. I've also stirred the cyclic for some time and at the same time putting some load on the swash, and again nothing.. I'll do some more investigating and see what comes up but now it's almost 1 in the morning in Sweden so it's time to hit the sack
Thats weird, I have two units and both will flash all the leds if the power is cycled wrong. MMMM maybe I got that wrong, it's been awhile, see if the leds flash if you power both down in the wrong order but power in the right order.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just checked the manual and it states that if both sats should loose connectivity during flight led1~led5 will flash continously and a single power up will not clear this error. The system must be powered a second time to reset. I've done this on the bench by accident.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have tried 3g which is truly garbage 3gx pain in the butt v-bar which is a true delight!! Beastx out of the box is sweet and the best thing of all you can make all adjustments on the unit unlike the v-bar you need a laptop or pc. Winner best bang for the buck Beastx wins!!!!
driveutwo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just ordered the Align 3G, for the flying I am doing I am sure it will be fine. But can someone tell me why I can order the complete 3G system and the flybarless head for my 600E seperately and come out cheaper than ordering the Align kit which comes with the head and 3G in the same box? Am I missing something?
Prontow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 07:36 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prontow View Post
Just ordered the Align 3G, for the flying I am doing I am sure it will be fine. But can someone tell me why I can order the complete 3G system and the flybarless head for my 600E seperately and come out cheaper than ordering the Align kit which comes with the head and 3G in the same box? Am I missing something?
Post what you ordered.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in