Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2011, 06:39 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dasfriek, I didn't take your thorough and well appreciated discussion as disappointment at all. In fact I was also trying to convey that IMHO this is one heck of a model. Like any engineering feat, it is a trade-off of design points and will have some great characteristics as well as some quirks. HH hit a home run and filled a gap in their series of helis. I can fly my mCPX indoors, but I won't say it's relaxing! The mSRX is perfect for a little indoor fun when the weather is bad in the backyard.
Ric66 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2011, 09:44 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I knew what you meant, I just wanted to convey my happyness with the product also.
But as usual, Two sentences turns into many paragraphs.
Dasfriek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2011, 10:31 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I really like this little wizard of a heli too. The more I fly it, the more I am changing my attitude toward it and the better I like it. I have learned a lot about mixing, that I had never set up myself.
I guess if I have a disappointment about this little wizard is that I find that I have to fly it differently to make turns in opposite directions, I guess I have never had to do that before, even with my mCPX, which I never did really learn much from, except that it was TOO fast for my indoor space. It is parked for now.
As I think back I guess I always used different inputs when making opposite turns on my mSR and SR120, but they where not as dramatic, as this little wizard.
So, I guess one thing that a lot of people said from the very beginning about this heli is "It is a steep learning curve",
They where so right, and I will become a better pilot because of it.
Ron
A Rdnek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2012, 02:56 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi all,

I read on several forums, many complaints on the MSRX is uncontrollable when turning left.
Some try to program mixes with their DX6i or others, but to no avail.
I also have this problem. We should contact our dealers to see if it's not an electronics design problem and see the answers ...
IJPTEAM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2012, 09:17 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not a bad idea, but it is controllable. One just needs to learn the quirks. After two weeks of flying, I can do nice coordinated left turns at slow speed and fast speed, with and without computer radio mixing. It does fly differently with increasing forward speed. IMHO, this behavior is just a result of the size, weight, balance and aerodynamic characteristics. If it was related to an electronics problem, I would expect to observe some movement of the swash when applying rudder inputs. I checked and there is none. It's actually quite amazing to me that the little guy can fly as well as it does!
Ric66 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric66 View Post
+1 on the real title of this thread. It leans back in a left turn and forward in a right turn. I think the OP may have experienced the end result of this pitching tendency; pilot trys to correct and it quickly gets out of control. I'm using MIX numbers on a DX6i close to what you listed. I've tried values anywhere from 15 to 60, but we are applying the same directions (+/-). I think it will come down to personal preference. If you are flying in a small area and generally making slow turns, your preferred MIX values will tend to be larger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric66 View Post
I don't think it's asymmetry of lift, because it happens at very slow forward speeds or in a hover. Whatever it is, I'm starting to get used to it. The MIX function on DX6i helps somewhat, but you can get it set right for a slow speed turn and it's not right for a high speed turn. I may just learn the quirkiness and go from there. Despite this flaw, I'm amazed it flies as well as it does and I am not disappointed at all!
Sorry don't have an mSR X but I just saw your earlier post and had just had a (very rare) flash of insight.

I am going to go theorycraft on this but I think this is totally normal behaviour, if indeed I understand what correctly is being is described as the behaviour. I am hearing, at slow or hover, if one yaws left (CCW) the heli pitches up and if one yaws right (CW), the heli pitches down.

If you have a conventional RC CP heli hovering, you're going to slightly lean to the right. So... now you are hovering and now you turn/yaw left 90. All of a sudden, the tilt of the rotor is no longer to the right, but behind you. So your heli pitches up.

Same deal with turning right. You have a lean to the right. You turn right 90, suddenly your rotor is now tilted to the front, relative to yourself.

This also explains why your mixes mess up FFF.

Naturally how this may manifest for you would depending on where the CoG is.

If this is indeed what the problem is, then great!

It isn't a problem, it's what we would tend to auto correct for on a CP bird anyway

... unless the bird being FP somehow magnifies this issue for some other reason I can't see.

Is this truly just the issue or is there anything I misunderstood or misinterpreted?

Edit: Eh, looks like you had the same idea too. Didn't see your other post which effectively is the same. Must L2Read all the posts properly. Apologies. *embarrased*
. So I take it the 'problem' is now solved?

Last edited by spykez; 01-02-2012 at 04:17 PM.. Reason: see above.
spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been reading about the left turn problems and on another thread a guy posted if you extend the aileron link from servo to swashplate 3 full turns and elevator down 1 full turn it will lift off the ground more stable and be more stable during left and right turns so I tried it it works great along with putting grommets behind all the ball links it's way better flying
timmyd463229 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #28 (permalink)
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek View Post
I am using a DX8 and fighting the same left turn thing. I have worked with mix 1, rudder to elevator, and mix 2, rudder to aileron mixes but have not had much success yet.
Ron
Just got an mSR X so I could fly indoors (my mCP X's are a little too hot/dangerous for that) and discovered some really freaky cross controls with this bird. I'm running a JR 10x because that's what I have, but the mix values are probably inline with the Spektrum controllers as well.

I had the same thought, pmix the bad out of this heli. I started small, 10% R->E and R->A and found it didn't do much of anything. Eventually I ampped it up to 50-60% on each. Finally got the right piros almost perfect, but left piros still need tweaking. On the 10x I can set different values right v left, and they're not the same as I have it programmed now.

If anyone is interested, I'll post my mixes.
Error401 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #29 (permalink)
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyd463229 View Post
I have been reading about the left turn problems and on another thread a guy posted if you extend the aileron link from servo to swash plate 3 full turns and elevator down 1 full turn it will lift off the ground more stable and be more stable during left and right turns so I tried it it works great along with putting grommets behind all the ball links it's way better flying
did that, it helped.

Also, I haven't seen anyone post about doing the grommet mod on the mSR X swash like we do on the mCP X. It helped my mCPX so much, I had to pretty much install them on the mSR X right out of the box just because. I think they help out there as well.
Error401 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2012, 09:26 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds stupid, But tell me mmore about this Grommet mod. Thanks
Learnig2Fly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2012, 10:03 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

my first post and the MSRx is my first heli. just wanted to say thanks for this old thread. I'm new to all this an not sure I understand all the MIX things and what they mean but this greatly helped my turns out.
alexd1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default adjusting for left piro issues

To help correct the left turn(piro) issues, I would first upgrade from the stock swash to a cnc swash. I personally prefer and use the Rankon cnc parts.
Secondly, you MUST do the MMMod described in the sticky thread Improve stability in piro, better left turn and take off. Basically, adjust the length of the servo rods until left and right piros are equally good(bad).
Lastly, program radio mixes that you can turn 'on' during inside or slow flight and turn 'off' during FFF. I use a DX8 with the following mixes:

Mix 1
RUD>ELE
Rate: -60% 25%
Offset: 0%
Trim: Inh

Mix 2
RUD>AIL
Rate: -25% 10%
Offset: 0%
Trim: Inh

Play with these settings until you get it the way you like. I can piro in either direction using only the rudder with the above settings. I also use an mcpx v2 tail rotor blade which may effect the settings you need to use.
good luck,
akeeton is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in