Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default linux_24_00 - Be careful when you buy used!!

I bought a Trex 450 Sport and radio on here recently for my brother as a present for all the things he has done me and our family. After I got it a few things were missing but the seller sent most of the items later which was no big deal. He only forgot the blades so I told him to forget about it because I have some extra blades I can put on the heli. I didn't check the heli real closely but I did check to make sure that it was in good shape.

We talked again later and he had some parts for sale because he needed the money. I bought the parts and gave him a little extra because he's having a hard time right now, and I told him not to forget the blades that was suppose to come with the heli when I bought it. The blades he sent were not the blade that was on the heli in the picture I seen. He sent some junk plastic blades that we joke about being used to stir paint. It was suppose to come with a Quark on it, but it came with a Hitec 5000 . It was advertised as a Trex Sport V2, but it's a V1 and now I'm feeling screwed. It's still a decent heli but I don't like someone thinking they got over on me. Especially, when I'm trying to help them out.

I sent him a text but of course he hasn't replied back and he hasn't been on the freak since the 13th. Anyway, I just had to vent because I actually gave this guy a positive feedback and a few extra dollars. I'm giving him a chance to explain what's going on before I blast him, because he had some bad things going on in his life. I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

It's a nice heli but it's not what I thought I was purchasing. It's my fault for not checking it thoroughly after I received it, but I still should get what I paid for. The funny things is I would have bought it anyway, because it was a decent deal but not a great one.

The best thing that happened out of this deal is my brother will be flying soon, and I'll get a chance to fly with him and have some fun. He's really a great person and he loves his family. He joined the forum a few days ago so he'll be around soon.

Last edited by ahperson; 07-27-2012 at 12:20 PM..
ahperson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2012, 05:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahperson View Post
I bought a Trex 450 Sport and radio on here recently for my brother as a present for all the things he has done me and our family. After I got it a few things were missing but the seller sent most of the items later which was no big deal. He only forgot the blades so I told him to forget about it because I have some extra blades I can put on the heli. I didn't check the heli real closely but I did check to make sure that it was in good shape.

We talked again later and he had some parts for sale because he needed the money. I bought the parts and gave him a little extra because he's having a hard time right now, and I told him not to forget the blades that was suppose to come with the heli when I bought it. The blades he sent were not the blade that was on the heli in the picture I seen. He sent some junk plastic blades that we joke about being used to stir paint. It was suppose to come with a Quark on it, but it came with a Hitec 5000 . It was advertised as a Trex Sport V2, but it's a V1 and now I'm feeling screwed. It's still a decent heli but I don't like someone thinking they got over on me. Especially, when I'm trying to help them out.

I sent him a text but of course he hasn't replied back and he hasn't been on the freak since the 13th. Anyway, I just had to vent because I actually gave this guy a positive feedback and a few extra dollars. I'm giving him a chance to explain what's going on before I blast him, because he had some bad things going on in his life. I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

It's a nice heli but it's not what I thought I was purchasing. It's my fault for not checking it thoroughly after I received it, but I still should get what I paid for. The funny things is I would have bought it anyway, because it was a decent deal but not a great one.

The best thing that happened out of this deal is my brother will be flying soon, and I'll get a chance to fly with him and have some fun. He's really a great person and he loves his family. He joined the forum a few days ago so he'll be around soon.
Good to hear you are getting your brother into the hobby

So sorry about the seller, that is awful to hear especially after you were so good to him. Maybe leave some more feedback or pm him a link to the thread so he knows he has a chance to make things right and clear his name. I would be so incredibly pissed if I was trying to help somebody out and got screwed over because of it. Hopefully this thread will be a good wake up call, a good public call-out has almost always done the trick in what I have seen on HF. Good luck man! Hope you end up with what you paid for and a good feeling in the chest.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would demand that quark. Thats BS. I can see someone being wrong about the v1/v2 thing but he owes you a good gyro!
Old 07-18-2012, 06:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

You definitely should get what you paid for. If what was pictured/described was not what you got, he didn't just "get one over on you," he defrauded you!
leaverus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2012, 06:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Give him a brief chance to make all right. Then BLAST him. I've notice good people (which you seem to be) always get reamed in some way or another for being nice.

My belief is always TRY be a good, decent, and honest person.

Try to treat others with the same respect you'd like to be treated with.

Always put yourself in the other person's shoes if possible.

Compassion is needed in the more in the world and is an admirable and noble trait, but when treated the way you were, "FINISH HIM!" Good luck.
Mike2112 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I don't want anything from him but an apology. I'm going to see if I can remove my positive feedback and make it negative. I'm taking my quark off my 700e and going FBL once I crash, so I will put the quark on his 450 then. The Hitec will be fine for awhile, but it's just the principal of what he did. I'm thinking it's a different heli, because he said he has another one that he want to sell. It's some other things he did with the parts that I didn't care for, but it's another lesson learned.

I've had some really good deals and some so-so deals, but that is what you get sometimes when you buy used. I need to be more particular who I buy from.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

If nothing comes of the deal, it would be a good thing to know his name or username so no one else gets hit by this person.

It takes more energy to be dishonest than to do the right thing. I just don't understand why some people spend so much time & energy being a pain in the butt, really.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are u sure the add didnt say not all items pictured are incuded ivd done that before but if u was suppose get things u deserve em i got a bad deal few weeks ago on something had to buy more parts to fix em guess sometimes its just better to let it go unless ton of money

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2012, 08:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
Are u sure the add didnt say not all items pictured are incuded ivd done that before but if u was suppose get things u deserve em i got a bad deal few weeks ago on something had to buy more parts to fix em guess sometimes its just better to let it go unless ton of money

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2
I got pictures sent to my email he didn't have them in the ad. If you list what's for sell and send pictures it's pretty hard to make a mistake with that. The parts wasn't all what he claimed either, but I have an old Trex SE that can use some of the parts.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Paypal claim till he rights it and bad feedback. Don't let another get screwed over. There is a time to be nice and a time to not. For all you know he made a mistake getting into the hobby and now that he lucked out and made all his money back by selling you his junk with lies, he should be brought to the public's attention.

I have sold many used helis and ALL of them are WAY better than advertised. I tall all little problems with it down to nicks on the blades. I should get not less when I buy a used one and thus far I have on this site..
irishmatt18 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Man I feel your pain, picked up a 400 for an extra heli. "works great, just had it flying last weekend..."

I spent a week sorting out all the mechanical issues. The thing self destructed spooling up on the ground. $110 learning experience...

I have a purpose now for what is left, scale build of airwolf. Good winter project.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Buy at your own risk

This is the thread and the person that screwed me:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=426978
Old 07-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

that stinks man ... sorry
gdawgs56 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdawgs56 View Post
that stinks man ... sorry
You realize that's the goblin seller you requested pics for right... Hmmm
DesJardins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=438616

Same seller. Looks like he is a known scammer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in