Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > HeliFreak.com Rules, Support and Testing > Other Websites > RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner

RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner for Suggestions and Announcements from RCHN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2017, 08:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default So the RCHN sub forum got moved to the bottom.

I went to check just now and the RCHN forum wasnt there. Oh no! Well it is but literally it is 2nd from the bottom down by the Sin Bin and Test Post forum.

Seems a little harsh. What do you guys think?
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2017, 08:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't think placement on the list is an indication of any sort of status. Personally I think it should be organized to be more of what is relevant and most used.

The order of the forums and how they appear is not going to keep me from using and enjoying the forums.
Old 01-23-2017, 08:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

They could have waited until the activity died down plus there are probably people still just finding out about the retirement. Give a little time for the loss to sink in. Today was depressing enough. To many icons going away in my lifetime: Concorde, Space Shuttle, World Trade Center, 747's passenger days are numbered, and now RCHN!!!! But seriously, I know life goes on but for me there's no "wow" anymore. If that even makes any sense
dmorrow71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2017, 09:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I do agree they could have at least waited a little while :/

RCHN Listener Chat (Discord) - https://discord.gg/6SvCccC
corywrx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2017, 10:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I don't think placement is necessarily a status thing. Really who cares. But many people recently found the podcast. How many people saw the RCHN sub forum because it was so close to the main forum? New listeners may not ever find it. They can still go back to listen and learn. Or just for a laugh. But those few now will never know it exists.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Did any one know of the other websites folder?

Before this I never knew it existed, and I sure wouldn't of found it where it is now. It is essentially hidden from any one new finding it. I'm guessing that the admins didn't think that with the show gone that there would not be any more activity on the Nation's forum, I am hoping that like the guys said, that the Nation will live on. I find the RCHN news thread something I check every day. Lots of RCHN fun fly photos and videos are posted here, when I am telling people about the fun fly it is great to have some visuals. I'm thinking that I am finally going to have to get a G.D. Facebook account to keep up with the Nation.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If not for the threads about it I wouldn't have noticed. It's in the Subscribed tab of my Tapatalk and I have a direct shortcut to it in Chrome.
Larry227 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2017, 10:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm pretty bummed about the move, and am awaiting a reply. We will still get new listeners almost daily for many years to come as people find the hobby and leave the hobby. I had hoped to continue to stay active and answer questions, but I do fee like putting it down here will ultimately kill what is an active sub-forum. I mean finless isn't making any videos and that folder is dead so why isn't his down here? What about all the "retired" models? Guess I'm more disappointed than anything. At the next if the day I respect their choice as it is ultimately their house, but I just don't see how it can't ultimately hurt the hobby even if just a little.
nwmtech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2017, 10:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwmtech View Post
I'm pretty bummed about the move, and am awaiting a reply. We will still get new listeners almost daily for many years to come as people find the hobby and leave the hobby. I had hoped to continue to stay active and answer questions, but I do fee like putting it down here will ultimately kill what is an active sub-forum. I mean finless isn't making any videos and that folder is dead so why isn't his down here? What about all the "retired" models? Guess I'm more disappointed than anything. At the next if the day I respect their choice as it is ultimately their house, but I just don't see how it can't ultimately hurt the hobby even if just a little.
Should we all start posting RCHN s??!?
MyRCode is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2017, 11:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Moving the RCHN sub forum to the bottom sure seems to have been done with haste. Also seems pretty ridiculous and potentially petty. There are plenty of things on here that are dead and could stand to be moved or culled but moving such a popular sub so quickly just doesn't make sense.
DeanR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2017, 12:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

And now they moved the main forum down one spot and the events forum is first. Who is driving this bus?
Old 01-24-2017, 01:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 01-24-2017, 06:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I cant find it without going in the serch

Hey what happened here? I just spent like 15mins looking through heli freak trying to find the RCHN sub forum. The Nation is still going and this is a great place for us to all meet together.
Trex 700 DFC Helibug gasser B.H. Hanson modified 300maxx engine and BD 3SX
Ksnyder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2017, 04:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
The Airetic

I'm not sure I understand the move either. The RC Heli Nation is still in full swing. We are still a community.

Maybe we just need it to be retitled from "RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner for Suggestions and Announcements from RCHN".....

....into something a little less podcast-centric.

Maybe something like, I don't know,...."RC Heli Nation".

On the other hand, I think I can see the other point of view as well. Having a sub-community within the community (especially without the podcast as a focal point) creates division within the community. Maybe that is not good either.

When the podcast was alive, the sub forum was here (as titled) to provide input to the podcast. With it gone, this subforum only serves to support a community within the community.

Most, if not all, future content could fit in appropriately in the Main forum or elsewhere. After all, everyone there is part of The Nation as well, even if they were not a registered citizen. This Nation, IMO, is ok with "illegals".
Old 01-25-2017, 06:10 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I really wish they would continue to offer citizen cards, or numbers at least. Due to financial circumstances I have not been able to get one yet and now it looks like I won't be able to when I'm able. The Nation is still alive so why stop with registration. The process can be made less formal and the money can go straight to the funfly. I'm not sure what the cards cost to make but I'm sure there are options out there. Wishfull thinking is all I guess

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
dmorrow71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2017, 07:01 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

It would be great if they could keep doing the citizen cards. I think many people would still want them just to show support for the guys. Although I wouldn't want any of them having to do a lot of work to make that happen. Hmmmmmm.......now you got me thinking.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
CHC Benefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloXray View Post
After all, everyone there is part of The Nation as well, even if they were not a registered citizen. This Nation, IMO, is ok with "illegals".
Speaking of illegals, I was worried at one point when my browser wouldn't let me post Joke was on me

Did move rather quickly but I think that's more likely a function of timing on reorganizing the site in one effort rather than having an outstanding to do.
Old 01-28-2017, 04:35 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

So about once a week I go to the HF main page and do a quick scan over all the sub forums. Mostly Heli's I have owned in the past. Some of which are discontinued models and brands so I jump on the chance to help someone if there is a new post or someone looking for a discontinued part. Outrage subforum which had the 550 and G5 in it, Outrage Fusion 50 Outrage Velocity 50 are all nowhere to be found. What the hell is going on here? And they kept the Outrage Velocity 90 subforum right where it was.
Old 01-28-2017, 09:00 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 to this not making any sense. As for moving the RCHN subforum, if where it was before was fine in terms of forum organization before then it probably still should be fine. The only real difference is that no new podcasts are being produced. But there are still tons of listeners and the subforum was still very active when it was moved. Maybe over time the activity would lessen and then one would have another difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelinpr View Post
So about once a week I go to the HF main page and do a quick scan over all the sub forums. Mostly Heli's I have owned in the past. Some of which are discontinued models and brands so I jump on the chance to help someone if there is a new post or someone looking for a discontinued part. Outrage subforum which had the 550 and G5 in it, Outrage Fusion 50 Outrage Velocity 50 are all nowhere to be found. What the hell is going on here? And they kept the Outrage Velocity 90 subforum right where it was.
gtak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2017, 06:45 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelinpr View Post

Outrage and its sub forums were moved to the Antique and Out of Production Helicopter forum.

I just setup a Fusion 50 and had a few test flights, my first 600 class heli... thankfully the forum still exists, it was helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KC8CYF is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in