Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumba View Post
I've taken my mCPX with me on vacation before. Blade even makes a fairly decent case for it. I wouldn't trust it through an airport though. I wish I could find a decent ATA flight case. I'd love to take my mCPX or mQX with me along with a keychain cam to get some pictures of places. But I just keep thinking of how I would package them with the DX8 so that they survive baggage tossers at the airport.

As far as hostile environments, I would think the 300x would be better since it will have sealed standard servos. Should be easy enough to get it, half a dozen batteries, and a simple charger into a briefcase-sized case. Still not sure what you would do with the TX though.
CommonSenceRC (my new fav place to shop for LiPos) have some good cases with customization foam where you can just pluck out 1/2" at a time and make into whatever you want.
dendenyc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I've taken my mCPX with me on vacation before. Blade even makes a fairly decent case for it. I wouldn't trust it through an airport though. I wish I could find a decent ATA flight case. I'd love to take my mCPX or mQX with me along with a keychain cam to get some pictures of places. But I just keep thinking of how I would package them with the DX8 so that they survive baggage tossers at the airport.
Check out the TurboAce or Walkera cases on WowHobbies. Out of stock at the moment, but I'm looking at getting a TurboAce once they're available again, to fit my stocker mCPX and hopup heli. Could likely razor/hot-wire shave a bit of the foam if the DX8 is much bigger than a DX7s to make it fit, and affix a lock-hasp with some screws, or completely change out the stirrup fasteners for ones with honest-people-locks built in.

Still trying to get my pick-and-pluck Harbor Freight case to hold the TX snugly, and not transfer that 'squash' force from the snug-fit over to the mcpx slots.. since the 'pluck' goes straight down all the way through the foam in big rectangles, rather than individual cubes (as I'd expected/wanted).
Old 05-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

As far as hostile environments, I would think the 300x would be better since it will have sealed standard servos. Should be easy enough to get it, half a dozen batteries, and a simple charger into a briefcase-sized case. Still not sure what you would do with the TX though.
I take my DX8 and two mCPX's in my carryon. No way I'd pay $25 each was to check them. I wouldn't trust the baggage tossers with them anyway. I cut up some old cardboard and taped together a perfect size box that holds both mCPX's side by side with a bit of wrapping foam between them. I use an old Iomega case for the DX8. It works great and doesn't take up much room. It holds the DX8, 20 batteries and 2 chargers
Blade mSR (retired), Blade 120 SR, Blade Nano CP, Blade mCPx (2), Blade mCPx V2, Blade 130 X, Blade SR (2), Blade SR Huey, Blade 300 X, Blade 400, Blade 450 3D, Blade 450X and most important of all Realflight 6.
WildBlueYawnder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 12:52 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlueYawnder View Post
I take my DX8 and two mCPX's in my carryon. No way I'd pay $25 each was to check them. I wouldn't trust the baggage tossers with them anyway. I cut up some old cardboard and taped together a perfect size box that holds both mCPX's side by side with a bit of wrapping foam between them. I use an old Iomega case for the DX8. It works great and doesn't take up much room. It holds the DX8, 20 batteries and 2 chargers
Somewhat hard to take as a carry-on since I already have my laptop/briefcase and usually my duffle bag with my CPAP machine. Since I prefer to breathe when I sleep more then I care to fly helicopters that stupid thing goes with me everywhere.

I also don't pay anything to check bags, one of the nicer things about flying business/first. Although when I go international I usually give up that option and go coach. They are crazy insane on international business/first class.
Kumba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #25 (permalink)
Automotive technician - but really a rocket scientist

Do they ever give you crap about at the airport about bringing a TX on board?
meatwad99si is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've take my tx in my carry on a ton of times and they never questioned it. Ironicly though they'll question a bottle that looks like it may be of the 3oz limit...
fazy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 01:51 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatwad99si View Post
Do they ever give you crap about at the airport about bringing a TX on board?
My bag contains chargers, many UM batteries and large ones (2200's) and my transmitter. I've never had an issue but the X-ray person gets a workout. There are lots of wires and large metallic signatures. One time they asked why I had so many batteries (I keep larger planes at my daughters house so I just transport the batteries when I travel to see her). I think I did have to have the bag opened one time. The interesting thing is you can carryon the batteries but you can't check them.

My wife has been checked more for shampoo and medicine bottles.
Blade mSR (retired), Blade 120 SR, Blade Nano CP, Blade mCPx (2), Blade mCPx V2, Blade 130 X, Blade SR (2), Blade SR Huey, Blade 300 X, Blade 400, Blade 450 3D, Blade 450X and most important of all Realflight 6.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Some videos from Saturday. I'm starting to move my mCP X skills to the 450 X. I did my first flips with the 450! I've flown the mCP X enough to be comfortable with it but the 450 X still has the pucker factor for me. The first flip was fun! After the second one though my heart was racing and that was the end of 3D stuff for that flight. I had a guy lined up to do video for the flips but the camera battery died about 10 seconds after lift off. There's a picnic at the club field today so I'll get my first 450 X flips on video then.

Some mild 3D with the mCP X.

mCPx 3D (2 min 56 sec)

More 3D with the mCP X.

Blade mCP X 3D #2 (1 min 56 sec)

Blade 450 in Normal Mode - Scale flight demo. I love the 450 X!

Blade 450 X Scale Type Helicopter flight in Normal Mode w/DX8 Transmitter (2 min 34 sec)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in