Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 06:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New Castle ICE Esc's

Heads up all you guy's out there running electric heli's Castle have just announced the realease of these baby's, arn't they gorgeous!.

I am in NO way associated to Castle Creations, i just like to keep a ear open for new stuff. Enjoy.

[/IMG]

hoenix Ice brings the ability to run at input voltages of up to 8S* (33.6) and use the built in switching BEC to output up to 5 amps of servo power all the way up to the 8S max*!

Switching BEC
The Phoenix Ice switching BEC output is factory set to 5.0V. Users may use Castle Link to select their desired voltage between 5.0V and 7.0V, in 0.1V increments.
Data Logging

Ice brings another incredibly useful feature, extensive data logging capabilities. The controllers are able to measure and record many parameters at sample rates that you choose between 10 samples per second and 1 sample per second. Data points include:
  • Battery Voltage
  • Battery Ripple
  • Battery Current
  • Controller Temperature
  • Controller Input Throttle
  • Controller Motor Power Output
  • Motor RPM
This data is stored directly in the controller and may be accessed once the run is over using the Castle Link USB adapter (sold separately) and Castle Link software (available free at castlecreations.com). The Max Log Size is 21,504 bytes, everything takes one byte except for motor rpm which takes two.
  • Logging 'Battery Current' at only a 1 sample / second - 358 minutes of logging time (almost 6 hrs)
  • Logging 'Motor RPM' at only 1 sample / second - 179 minutes of logging time
  • Logging everything at only 1 sample / second - 44 minutes of logging time
  • Logging everything at 10 samples / second - 4 minutes and 28 seconds
Two versions: Heat Sink 8S max input and Heat Shrink 6S max input

The Ice comes in two versions, standard version which is optimized for demanding RC heli and sport aircraft applications and a Lite version packaged in heat shrink for users with tight fuselages.
All Phoenix Ice are ready to fly out of the bag, no programming is necessary for most aircraft applications. The controllers are set at the factory for Auto Lipo detect/cutoff operation and they are tuned for optimum outrunner performance.
Advanced users will find the incredible programmability of the Phoenix Ice allows for performance characteristics tailored exactly to their desires.
Heli users are raving about the performance of Castle’s programmable helicopter modes which include options to directly enter desired governed headspeeds as numerical values! Every heli power combination requires slightly varying governor gains, Castle makes these easy to tweak and the net result is a rock solid tail.
Designed in Kansas. Components manufactured in the USA, Mexico, and China.
Castle Creations, Inc. warrants this product to be free from manufacturing defects for a period of one year from date of purchase.
*8S rating is for standard Phoenix Ice only. Phoenix Ice Lite has a maxiumum voltage of 6s.

[/IMG]
lex7919 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2009, 06:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Just a side note the 75 Ice unit is going for £70 $119 direct from Castle considering a Eagle tree is what £40 $70 on its own! pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

[/IMG]
Old 08-05-2009, 12:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

LEX7919, man, that couldn't come at a better time. I'm looking for an ESC for my HDX500. I have a Castle Phoenix on my Belt already and just love it! I was considering a Scorpion 90A for the 500 but will DEFFINATELY take a closer look at this. Thanks, man.
Tomstoy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2009, 02:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mmmm.... Data logging, switched mode BEC, 75Amp ESC for £70. Might look here if my Align 60Amp plays up!

Nice find bro

Due to economic circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.
lankey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2009, 02:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Motor RPM - Genious!

Now I can calculate my headspeed

A horse is a sphere if it makes the numbers easier
Ring Leader is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2009, 05:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Normally i don't even entertain CC gear because of the price but they seem to of woke up a bit with these ones at last that data logger is just the cream! If they weren't replacing my blown 500 esc id sure give that 75 a try for sure!

Glad you guy's found it usefull
Old 08-17-2009, 10:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Be sure to look inside the packaging...I found a paper inside with a coupon code for a free phoenix link...yoohooo...
rotaryguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2009, 10:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Must have one!

Trex 500 / /3026-1600/CC Ice75 /3G /Ds510's/Torsion 430 fbl's
Trex 450 pro/HK2221-8/ Ice 50 /HS-5065MG/325D's/Kbdd's
life2short1971 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in