Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion

Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers and Other Electronics Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2007, 10:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy Multi-Gov Help

Help I bought a Multi-Gov as I heard it was great and easy to setup. Not for me I set my DX7 Aux2 to F-mod and got the Multi-Gov wired up and turned it on and when I flip the f-mod switch to normal (sw 1 ) it shows switch 2 and no matter where I flip f-mod I can not get it to show sw 3. Tried rev aux 2 witch is channel 7 but it didn't change anything. also I just don't understand all the other things like set idle, set high. the numbers make no sense to me and they never change when I move the throttle. Test idle, test high does nothing as well guess I should have bought the GV1 instead? Bob has a video on setting this up. I sent an email to Aerospire and I am sure Bob will help but my e-mails in the past take him days to get back to me. I don't think I will get this setup by e-mail if someone knows how to do this I could call you on phone and try to get this working. Thanks .. I do have it wired up with no problem just don't understand this setup.
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2007, 02:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

go here and watch step 15 part 2 and try that setup should be close with the multi gov try it an see what happens

http://video.helifreak.com/?subpath=...me=step15a.wmv
matrix1171 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2007, 12:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default MultiGov trouble

burke.bill
I have just installed a multigov on my rap 90. I was so impressed I have another one coming for my rap 50.
Although I am not useing a DX7, perhaps this may be of some help. I am not home right now so I will do this from memory ( this may be a bad idea. ha )
Check out the Aerospire.com Web Site. If you have not already done so.
There are set up instructions for the DX7.
No doubt you are getting into the programming mode so the first thing is to set the gear ratio. Do this with the + value button or -value button to get the ratio number right.
Then go to head speed. Same thing use +value or -value to set head speed. Next comes Set Idle Low,High. Here there is no setting of numbers. The gov only wants to recognize throttle movement. Move the stick a couple of times from low to high and back to low. Observe that the numbers change quickly. No problem as long as they change.
Now at low stick press the + value button quickly. The gov records low point. Then high shows on the screen
move the stick to high throttle and press the +value button quickly. The gov records high point. The gov has memorized your stick range. then the screen goes to test Low, High. Here you want to press the +value button and observe that your throttle servo travels from high to low or low to high as you cycle between test low, test high., pressing the + value button each time.
If the servo is moveing. That's good. ( If not, I'm done.) Then go to the Test Gov. program screen. Here ( with stick at low position) the gov. should show =OFF. Now move the throttle stick from low to high and observe that the gov. will show ON at about 1/4 stick and should remain ON
as you go to high throttle. Bring the stick back down and the gov will = off at low stick.
Now go the the set idle screen,I believe it should read 30. leave it there for now.
Now press the "next" button and you should get the power off display. The gov is now
set up. Also you must be in "normal" flight mode for Speed 1 for the initial setup.
If you are useing the "overspeed" features then as you togggle your idle up switch
the gov will show Speed 2 and speed 3. Here set your target head speeds only if I remember correctly at this time.Or it may be that you use the next button to get to Speed 2 and 3. Sorry don't remember right now. And I think you want your idle switch position to corespond to Speed Setting 2 or 3 as you set. ( a little fogy here )
A couple of other notes: You want your throttle end points
100 to 100 or as close as possible the this. Don't know how this is displayed in the DX7.
When you finish and power off, remove the programming module and turn on your heli.
If everything went right the gov. will blink slowely. Now test the throttle by moveing the stick and observing that the servo movement matches stick position. If so, good.
( if not I' done ). By the way the Servo select ( digital or standard servo ) is no longer in the
programming configuration version 2. Thanks for having patience with me as I am still learning the workings of this fine device.
I hope this may be of some small help
Regards

Here, when wanted
There, when needed
Everywhere, when looked for
LAMAR COOLEY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2007, 07:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Talking Dumb Dumb and old fart

I found out that I had the RPM wire and the throttle wire crossed ya I did put it on at night and without bright light. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Now that I put the wires on right it works as easy as everyone says it is. Bob from Aerospire called today and I had to admit to him I am just plain dumb and old. He was happy to help if needed . Now that is what I call service. Thanks to all

From a Dumb Blind old Fart.....

Multi-Governor is one fine piece of equipment
Old 12-01-2007, 06:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up

Why i bought one heard nothing but good things about bob and his product. Had to wait about a week to get it shipped to me because he was out. Was well worth the wait great product easy to set up and would wait again for another one. i am very well pleased with such great service and product.
LONEWOLF2440 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in