Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Scale Helicopters > Fuselage Forum

Fuselage Forum Fuselage Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Scale machine gun kits/ sets

My 600 sized AH-1 kit came with a wooden mock up of a machine gun (M197, 3 barrel 20mm cannon) but i am looking to replace it with something a little more realistic that can be motorized. I guess I could use brass tubing and try to fabricate something but does anyone know where I might find a scale set that looks real enough to be installed, weathered and motorized for this setup?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2012, 10:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Good luck. i tried looking and could not find anything available. i made my own. not truly scale for a 450 but i have a set of working 6 barrel mini guns. i used a night vapor moter and glued the barrels to the gear. mine even light up. il try to post it up here so you can see them.
drakonis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2012, 08:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks. I just assembled 4 different sizes of aluminum and brass pipes to make the barrels and will need to motorize them to rotate. Was thinking the same thing... a small motor to spin on command. Would be great to see how you developed your own solution!
Old 05-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

here they are in action. one needs balancing and i have not messed with them in a while. styrene tubing with lucite rod in 2 barrels, led light behind gear. lucite rod goes thru gear for light transmission. gear painted flat black. all encased in aluminum tubing. im using the eflight lighting kit switch for power to the guns. works great spins fast like a mini gun should. does not get unit hot unless you run it for more than a few sec at a time. (short bursts) dont want to overheat the guns now do ya.

Last edited by Skiddz; 05-11-2012 at 01:10 PM.. Reason: fixed YouTube embedding
Old 05-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Nice guns!!

That is definitely a smooth setup. I was wondering how I might motorize the guns to operate on a switch as well as the lights.... I will have to make good use of 8 channels now! Very creative setup! The video was AWESOME!!!
Old 05-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

whats nice is the light kit has enough outputs that it was a no brainer to use it. and its all on the landing gear switch. (i changed the gyro switch to another switch)
Old 05-11-2012, 12:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Try www.monkeydepot.com. Modern

Tags
ah-1, cobra, m197, scale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in