Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 10:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Got a Blade 450 X on the way!

Well It was a hard decision but I went with a Blade 450 x. I am an Align guy and haven't ventured to any other brands other that the Walkera V120D02S I recently had. I hope the Blade is worth it. If not I will be selling and going to pick up an Align 450 pro.
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Most who have flown both seem to prefer the B450-X over the A450-3GX. Word is it handles better, is easier to set up and maintain, is less expensive, more powerful... and of course Horizon is awesome when it comes to customer support. Just have to deal with Align guys looking down their nose at you.

Just make sure to give it the usual once-over any new heli should need, and 99% of the time it'll fly great right out of the box. (A few have had QC issues or a weird factory setup, but Horizon fixes the first pretty quick, and a bench setup should fix the second in half an hour tops)

Welcome to the club!
Old 05-07-2012, 10:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congrats!!
Old 05-08-2012, 06:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAV_PILOT View Post
Well It was a hard decision but I went with a Blade 450 x. I am an Align guy and haven't ventured to any other brands other that the Walkera V120D02S I recently had. I hope the Blade is worth it. If not I will be selling and going to pick up an Align 450 pro.
its a good choice

its better to spread your wings and venture into other brands than stay loyal to one brand of heli.
dl5973 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

3gx on 450 heli's can be a nightmare to try to tune out issues. My mate who is a expert builder gave up on his 3gx on the 450 pro v1 it had weird pitch up problems in FF, he put on a beastx all issues gone. I have the 450x and love it its easy to repair after a crash so perfect basher heli to test new moves and it flys great. The 450 pro v2 is harder to work on but beautifully made and flys better with beastx than the 450x. But then your comparing a $670 heli to a $420 if buying at cheapest online stores. And flying both back to back they are with in 15% difference and almost feel like the same heli to me (mild 3d & sport flying). You won't be disappointed in the 450x it's a great heli get some mg servos though a simple blade strike strips all 3 very easy. Oh and powerwise the 450x was faster and more powerful at 80% throttle than the trex. Trex is heavier required 90% throttle to feel the same as the 80% 450x. So it's plenty fast and powerful.
Sambuka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cool! So is there aluminum upgrades? I don't like the plastic grips and plastic tail fins.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep, though the plastic parts work just as well, are cheap, and won't bend in a crash, requiring the purchase of a new part. Just go here:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...-x-bnf-BLH4380

and click on the 'parts' tab, then the 'hop up' category on the left. Virtually every part has a hop-up metal/CF version from Horizon, and there are other companies also making hop-ups for the 450 3D, which shares a lot of parts with the X (check the part listing in your manual, if it starts with BLH16XX, it's 450 3D compatible).

Some hop-ups require other hop-ups to work though.. like the aluminum tail case requires the CF vertical stabilizer because the screw holes are in a different location from the stock part. Also the aluminum tail case doesn't have the 'ridge' to help you keep it aligned properly like the plastic one does. These bits aren't noted, even if they really should be... just do a forum search on a hop-up you're planning to put on.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Will putting a bigger tooth pinion on add any performance?
Old 05-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAV_PILOT View Post
Will putting a bigger tooth pinion on add any performance?
It already bogs a little with the 10T, so probably not.
azezeil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 08:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is the Firescout flying again?

My 450X just came in. That thing is huge.
tomhole is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhole View Post
Is the Firescout flying again?

My 450X just came in. That thing is huge.
Yeah only with the Navy.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

So if I put aluminum parts on it that essentially makes it a trex 450 minus the fiberglass canopy and torque tube. From what I am hearing, this thing has more punch than the 450 pro.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:27 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

And you can get a Fusano fiberglass canopy if you want one. Still waiting to see who'll make an aftermarket TT tail replacement first.

And yes... more power, easier setup, better handling. Plus, a *lot* of the plastic parts will just bounce or scuff a little instead of bend or snap (like aluminum or CF)... folks who go to aluminum/CF parts overall tend to have a lot more bits to replace on a hard landing, as compared to the stock plastic that just flexes with the hit and springs back.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in