Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Scale Helicopters > Electronics

Electronics Electronics Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2016, 11:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Frustrated with NAZA H

Forum Members,

Problem: I am frustrated with the DJI NAZA H MC and cannot figure out why I cannot get any manipulation to my helicopter (or the software setup guide) from my Transmitter.

Equipment:

UH-1 Huey 600 fuselage

Spektrum DX7s transmitter

Spektrum AR8000 receiver

Castle BEC Pro

3x OMG swash plate servos

Castle Phoenix Edge HV 160 ESC

Background: Purchased $3000 worth of parts and equipment to build a scale Huey 600 helicopter. I used the Chaos 600 mechanics. Installation complete. I've installed electronics, to include the NAZA H and cannot get the Transmitter to provide manipulation to the helicopter (or the NAZA installation software) at all. My transmitter is able to provide manipulation to the helicopter when the NAZA is removed from the electronics and servos directly plugged into the receiver. However you know that without a Naza gyro that you can't fly the helicopter.

I called rcaerodyne (Ed) Monday. We talked for over an hour trying to figure out why the transmitter is not being recognized by the Naza software setup guide. Ed determined it must be a faulty NAZA H MC. I paid for overnight delivery of a new unit and received it today. I installed all electronics/wires as directed by the Naza H Setup wizard and STILL cannot get the transmitter to talk with the Naza H software.

Help!

Evan Tugby

334-221-0214
evantugby is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2016, 11:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have no experience with the NAZA, but maybe something in this link can help you.....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ZA+H+for+scale

HW.

Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle. Robert Anthony.
Heliwhisperer is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2016, 05:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just a couple of quick thoughts. It's hard to believe that you got two defective Naza units in a row.

You have your CC bec pro connected to your flight pack, and connected to the your AR 8000, and the servos work, correct?

But the Naza and the servos don't work with the Naza connected to the AR 8000, Correct?

It seems to me that the Naza is not getting power. With the Naza connected to the AR 8000 with the box to box cables, did you remove the bec power cable from the AR8000 and connect the power cable to the V-1 port in the Naza? Is the Naza LED connected and light up? If not, you apparently don't have any power going into the Naza.

Your AR 8000 is suppose to get power from the Naza through the box to box cables.

Did you follow the instructions fully? Use the JR connection diagram for the Spectrum connections?
Velos 880/Sab Urukay, KSE, Carbon Speed/Mikado Uvular/RCA Blackshark/Chaos 500 Evo, 550, 600, 700/Trex 500, 600, 600 Pro, 700/Roban 470 Cobra, 700 Apache, Cobra, 429, Jayhawk, 800 Airwolf/TFM 800 Blue Thunder, Seahawk, Jayhawk/ DX8 DX18QQ
treotraveler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2016, 04:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by evantugby View Post
Forum Members,

Problem: I am frustrated with the DJI NAZA H MC and cannot figure out why I cannot get any manipulation to my helicopter (or the software setup guide) from my Transmitter.

Equipment:

UH-1 Huey 600 fuselage

Spektrum DX7s transmitter

Spektrum AR8000 receiver

Castle BEC Pro

3x OMG swash plate servos

Castle Phoenix Edge HV 160 ESC

Background: Purchased $3000 worth of parts and equipment to build a scale Huey 600 helicopter. I used the Chaos 600 mechanics. Installation complete. I've installed electronics, to include the NAZA H and cannot get the Transmitter to provide manipulation to the helicopter (or the NAZA installation software) at all. My transmitter is able to provide manipulation to the helicopter when the NAZA is removed from the electronics and servos directly plugged into the receiver. However you know that without a Naza gyro that you can't fly the helicopter.

I called rcaerodyne (Ed) Monday. We talked for over an hour trying to figure out why the transmitter is not being recognized by the Naza software setup guide. Ed determined it must be a faulty NAZA H MC. I paid for overnight delivery of a new unit and received it today. I installed all electronics/wires as directed by the Naza H Setup wizard and STILL cannot get the transmitter to talk with the Naza H software.

Help!

Evan Tugby

334-221-0214
Hey sry to hear as pain in as.hol. "ed" being grumpy grouchy cocky with nice customers. Roban issues with defective, missing part, mismatched parts are well known. 50/50 chance you ended up with a 70% working parts. Cliff is much better person to deal with.
RFCXPerT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in