Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > mQX

mQX Blade mQX Quad Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default So is MQX easy to fly?

I've never flown a quad, does it require constant imput etc..
ACSII is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't know about the MQX, but I hovered my Dad's other Quad a few weeks ago. It wasn't difficult, but I didn't want to attempt forward flight with it as I'm still trying to master that with the helis. From what I've read, the MQX does not self stabilize as the MSR and MCPX's do.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does have stabilization. Looks to be very stable on youtube videos. Orientation can be biggest problem with quads.

I may have to add to my fleet!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
LARRY2716 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2012, 12:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would have to say yes it is easy to fly. But, I also fly an mcpx, sr, and a genius cp.

This thing almost seems to easy to fly. I had a blast yesterday but I am getting kinda bored of the circuits and 8's in my backyard. Think I will have more fun when ?I can get it to a field and start trying some loops and rolls.
Nytflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2012, 03:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytflyer View Post
I would have to say yes it is easy to fly. But, I also fly an mcpx, sr, and a genius cp.

This thing almost seems to easy to fly. I had a blast yesterday but I am getting kinda bored of the circuits and 8's in my backyard. Think I will have more fun when ?I can get it to a field and start trying some loops and rolls.
I would say it is much more stable than the mcpx and a bit more stable than the msrx..When you try your loops and rolls get it up high,it eats a lot of altitude with a simple loop / roll...Ask me how I know..
Old 01-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 755 robert View Post
I would say it is much more stable than the mcpx and a bit more stable than the msrx..When you try your loops and rolls get it up high,it eats a lot of altitude with a simple loop / roll...Ask me how I know..
lol Robert I will take our advice and get real high before I try anything fancy

When I first started flipping the mcpx I had to get like 50ft high and sometimes would still eat the dirt

This thing really is super stable. I mean I haven't even tried to trim it at all and it pretty much just sits where I tell it to.

Here is a vid I made yesterday just goofing around in the backyard trying to tease my dog lol. Still getting used to how this thing flies it really does fly alot different than my helis.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7lxVgoBlZE&feature=g-upl&context=G279ee5aAUAAAAAAAAAA[/ame]
Old 01-22-2012, 07:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Answer: Yes. It's very very easy to fly.
LL-Cool-T is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2012, 03:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Little tip on your loops and rools, throttle up before the flip. I found the more throttle it had, the smaller space you can flip it in. I had it last night were I was only going up to about 10ft and then flipping with full throttle, came around upright just fine. Practice on grass first!
Gawl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawl View Post
Little tip on your loops and rools, throttle up before the flip. I found the more throttle it had, the smaller space you can flip it in. I had it last night were I was only going up to about 10ft and then flipping with full throttle, came around upright just fine. Practice on grass first!
Awesome tip thank you! I need all the help I can get lol. We have a few warm days coming hopefully will melt the snow before the weekend so I can get out to the field to try.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default EASY to fly!

just got mine outta the box bound it to my 6i as a heli. and did not mess with D/r or Expo and it "hands off" hovered. X config. is a little more fun then + . When I'm able to get it outside I'll play with expo a little and put it through it's paces. It is sure fun to fly in the (med.) size front room. Only one small mishap and both rotors on one side stopped working. upon closer inspection the motor cans are not hard mounted and both motor had slipped far enough up to disengage the spur gear.I pushed everything back into place carefully and "wango tango" I'm having fun again. this is the first quad I've ever flown and its a blast!
Burma is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACSII View Post
I've never flown a quad, does it require constant imput etc..
It is very easy to fly - easier than the mCX, but more maneuverable at the same time.
Jasmine2501 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

For least altitude loss on flips, pick up some forward speed at full throttle then give it the cyclic and as it is flipping, let off slightly on the throttle as it is inverted then throttle up again when it is nearly finished. Experiment with it go see what works best. It may be instinct but don't bottom out that left stick or it will immediately stop flipping. So when does the mcpqx come out lol?
harda toenail is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2012, 06:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

It will also flip diagonally, and flips much faster that way. Wish I had a way to video and fly at the same time, I had this thing doing all kinds of crazy stuff. Even smacked into a small tree full throttle, it landed right side up and I was off and flying again.

Another fun tip, hand launch it with a hefty toss, don't let it flip inverted though or it won't start. Once you get that down, launch it like you would throw a frisbee, that's a tough one to recover from

Team Scorpion
Gawl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytflyer View Post

try doing piro circuits and reversals in figure 8's, wont be boring then. try piros out of your loops and rolls too
tacomaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2012, 09:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

this is the easiest, most stable thing I have ever flown
Deet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2012, 10:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just picked one up tonight. Yes, definitely the most easiest thing I've flow. Second comes a Syma S107 3 channel coax.
Agibbs996 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 08:09 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Easy to fly? Heck ya and a blast to fly as well. I have a theu usual blade suspects MCX/MSR/120/MCPX. I've yet to flip my heli so I'm stil pretty much a novice. I won't fly my MCPX inside much but the MQX is easily controlled inside but it really wants a nice open place to spread its wings.... errr props.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Definately easy. Just picked up my MQX late yesterday and after 6 flights, easy flying but it can move out. Bound it to my Dx6i as aero and no further tinkering. I like it. No scratches, no crashes. I have flown other helis but this is my first quad. I did warmup on one of the mcpxs before maidening the quad. Flew it indoors as it was raining.

Later today I'll bind it to my Dx8 and increase the travel as recommended in the booklet for max performance...then I may scratch it, though hopefully not much. Fun little thing.

Side note. My more favorite lhs couldn't get the bnf version i ordered, so the guy ordered rtf which was in stock, took out the radio and sold it to me for a few dollars under bnf price. He'll get more business from me for certain.

P_H_C
MCX2,MCPX,mSR,SR,B450
Old 01-26-2012, 11:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just wanted to add, if you're learning to hover tail or nose in, get the MQX. It will teach you the principles of orientation without having to worry about instability of a two blade heli.
Agibbs996 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2012, 10:49 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Its very easy. But depending on TX used, it can be twitchy, meaning very responsive with the sticks so take it slow.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in