Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger Electric Helis > Titan X50E

Titan X50E Thunder Tiger Titan X50E Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default X50E (Flybarless) Build Tips or Corrections

Just started building a Thunder Tiger Titan X50E this week. I noticed that there is not really a thread detailing the build or any modifications to the manual.

First Problem:
I got to the first page of the manual and noticed a problem with the lengths of the mixing arms. The manual shows 40mm turnbuckles which make 70mm arms. There is no way you can make the arms 70mm. The turnbuckle is 50mm which makes the arms around 80mm if you screw the ends on about evenly. So has anyone else figured out the best lenght to make these?

Post any other mods/changes/build techniques here!!!

Many thanks.
jhall2242 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location

What mixing arms are you referring to? There aren't mixing arms (technically) on a FBL heli.

I haven't looked at a manual for the "E", but does it have the same frame/ servo/ swash layout as the belt and tt nitro models?

My turnbuckles/pitch control links are 84mm total length using the Thunder Tiger X50 FBL conversion head.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I meant to say the main pitch control arms turnbuckles. I have the new X50E kit (TT # 4757-K10) 84mm sounds better than what is in the manual. Anyone else build the complete kit?
Old 04-09-2012, 10:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I'm pretty sure there was one person who built one then put it up for sale. Let me see if I can find it.

ADDED:

Just go through his history to see threads and posts he made on his X50E.

https://www.helifreak.com/member.php?u=42642
Old 04-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can measure mine when I get home this evening. It was a prototype I've had for several months and there was no instruction manual at the time. I just made them the length required for zero at half stick and 90 degrees to the bellcranks.
gwright is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2012, 06:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

forgot to measure night before last. Remembered while I was walking out this morning and picked up the caliper. Appears I'm 81mm measured from outside the end of link to outside the end of link, so center of ball to center of ball would be about 5~8mm shorter.
gwright is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 11:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks. One other small problem is in the manual it shows setting the main shaft collar ahead of time. Don't do this or u can't get it inbetween the frames and into the bottom bearing. I left it loose then pried up on it as I tightened down the collar set screws. This took out all up and down slop on the main shaft.

I'll update this thread later with some other stuff I found.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Page 21 of the manual shows servo installation. The servo horns shown are not included. Not sure where they would come from. Also shown on these weird servo horns is a ball in the middle of the horn. Not sure what they woud be used for. I ended up using some Align 600 blue metal disc servo horns for my Futaba servos AGNHSP61007.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Forgot to mention that the Main Gear was already inserted into the Autorotaion gear. You have to pry these apart with your fingers then secure the 4 small screws
HSA3-8
Old 04-14-2012, 08:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

On page 13 the switch shown is if you plan to run a separate battery for the Rx/Servos and not use a BEC hooked up to the main pack.

Last edited by jhall2242; 04-15-2012 at 10:20 PM.. Reason: Wasn't thinking
Old 05-12-2012, 12:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

This post was helpful when I was building my own X50E.

I'll just add one tip. Those thrust bearings doesn't have any stamp markings to show you which one is supposed to be inner or outer one. The manual easily shows which one is which by the shaft/wiggle method. But once you know which is inner and outer, mark the outer with a permanent marker (just a dot will do). That will phsically shows you that the outer shield bearing is facing in right direction when you are installing the thrust bearings in the main and tail assembly.

I hope that one helps.
what-d-heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 12:34 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll also add audio131's post link about pinion distance thread.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=390765
Old 05-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll add one more thing. If you plan on putting all electronics up front, you will be needing at least a 6in to 12in servo extension wire for your tail servo and elevator servo if ever.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default servo horns

if u use the align metal horns, use the inner hole. you will notice on the elevator servo the canopy mount will be in the way if u use the outside hole
audio131 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default tips

i have a 700mx motor on mine.. use 3850 thunder power packs 12s. about middle of lipotray balances heli
audio131 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2012, 05:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok fellas another tip i had a vibration to chase in mine last weekend so last night i pulled all blades of & run it then pulled the tail box & TT out it help but not by much then pulled head off again a small improvement but still the same. I then checked my main gear i found it has a heap of up & down play on the one way sleeve mine will either need a new washer/shim or a second one added to close up this play.
T-Rex 700N FBL OS GT15 HZ (SK-540)
ranma103 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in