Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand

bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand Factory Sponsored Bavarian DEMON and HeliCommand Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 09:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Help on Setup for Rigid with DX8 and flybarless 550

Hi all,

Trying to set up my 550 witht the Helicommand Rigid. I have everything moving in the right direction but I have a couple questions. Should I ever get a green light on the Helicommand? When I first set it up I done it with the button on the module and with Flap/Gyro switch up it was green, middle was red and down was amber. I then hooked it up to my computer and checked everything on the program and it was all good. The only thing that I changed was to turn on the rigid mode which you have to do with flybarless. Since I've done that I get amber when switch is up red in middle and amber down, I never get green. Also, since I've made that change the equal sign on the program is red. Is it supposed to be red once you make a change? Is there a way to make it green again? I just feel like something is wrong with it being red. Any help would be greatly appreciated. On a side note I read in a thread that someone set up a Rigid with rescue using mixes. I was under the understanding that you couldn't do any mixes on the radio. HELP!

Last edited by slvrsleeper; 04-15-2012 at 12:04 AM..
slvrsleeper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think the rigid tab is for regular type gyro only so if yo have head and tail gryo below 20 it will show red, above 20 it will show amber. Make sure you have both at 50 for the maiden.

Horizontal is where you get self leveling , regular and rescue set by the values on the tax

The mixes are for the channels ansd switches used for these functions
yosemite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2012, 04:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

here is a build log that might help you out, also check out the other setup guide link at the tophttp://myyosemite.com/logo-500se/hc3sx-dx8-build-log
  • Rigid- This is like a standard gyro like the Beastx, VBar, 3g, etc. This mode helps to stabilize the helicopter but will not self level the heli.
  • Horizontal- This is the self leveling mode
  • Rescue Mode- this is self leveling with collective pitch added
LED Display when powered up ready to fly, pay attention to this!
  • Red- Rigid with head and gyro gains below 20%
  • Amber- Rigid with head and gyro gains above 20%
  • Green- Self Leveling
  • Flashing Green- Rescue Mode
yosemite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in