Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G6 / V120 Series

4G6 / V120 Series Walkera 4G6 / V120 Series Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2015, 10:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default where has this been all my life

What a great heli. Super stable and perfect right out of the box. Even the pitch setting was drop dead zero at mid stick. I was flying it around my living room which I wouldn't have imagined I'd do with a torque tube heli. The 7e binding process was a bit strange but youtube came to the rescue.

Anyway - the package was $227 shipped from HobbyKing US warehouse and showed up this morning via FedEx. I'll be taking it to the fun fly this weekend which is completely dominated by Blade products

Oh yeah.. I did have to do the mechanical switch from Mode 1 to Mode 2 which is pretty ridiculous given it came from a US warehouse. But whatever.... 10 minutes of my life and all is well.

I'm really pleased with this thing!

ToddMcF2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2015, 04:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, It's a great micro. On 1S it's very docile yet will do basic 3D stuff.
I've upgraded mine to 2S and a GY280. Now it's very much like the 130X but without the constant maintenance issues.
There's a great thread about these in RCG.
Enjoy!
BillG is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2015, 05:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have two 130's already so I'm going to stay stock I think. I need a better indoor heli anyway - my Nanos can't fly backwards very well with the wretched tail motors.
Old 01-02-2015, 06:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congrats! I've been with this bird for several years, it had been good to me. Simple design, easy to repair. I also vote to leave it stock for an easy backyard flier -- and with an 850 or 9mah 1s lipo you will get over 8min flight time.

For a more capable 3d performance machine I would go with the blade 180 vs trying to upgrade this bird, but I hear the 180 flight time is 3.5-4min (fine for heart pounding 3d but kinda short for circuit flying imho).
Chief
Ps, look up the tail clutch mod and you will never strip a tail gear.
BHChieftain is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2015, 11:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup I've got plenty of helis that are bigger and with more power including 130's, a 180, 250's, 300's and 450's. I try to have my helis serve a unique purpose - sized for venue, durability or capability. The v120 will replace my Nanos & mcpx BL's on the capability front and crossover between indoor, backyard and convenient small field venues I think. They might serve as solid warm up helis for the 180 or 250's because of their durability. They might displace my 130's that currently serve that purpose. Even if they fall a bit short of 130 capability that should be fine.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was hoping for more to report on from tonights fun fly. Unfortunately on the first battery I broke the tail slider. I suspected the roll rate was going to be too soft due to the pot position and I was right. Crashed trying to get back from inverted. My fault. Oh well. I have to wait for parts now...
Old 01-05-2015, 12:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

That sucks, just bad luck I say. I don't think the tail slider is a bad part, at least it doesn't stand out in my memory as a troublesome part. The bevel under the main gear, that is a pain in that ass part, but that's about it.

And you might break a few servo gears.. And the tail servos are brittle, they get crunchy.

But for the most part, its a fun little helicopter that can flip around pretty easy.
SkyKraken is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2015, 11:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah it was my fault and I told the guy standing next to me the roll rate was probably too weak to flip well. It probably would have survived the crash but for the hardwood gym floor. No big deal. I've got more helis than I know what to do with so I'll wait for the parts to arrive. Meanwhile - I've increased the pot!
Old 01-05-2015, 11:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love this little guy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140929_173851.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	560808  
www.modelhelicopter-review.nl
trexpro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2015, 07:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice canopies! Are those the self-made paper ones or are they plastic?

Chief
BHChieftain is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2015, 10:51 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHChieftain View Post
Nice canopies! Are those the self-made paper ones or are they plastic?

Chief
Made by Fusuno fiberglass canopy's
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-01-06-17-47-13.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	560977  
www.modelhelicopter-review.nl
trexpro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2015, 05:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I fly various blade nano's and a trex 250 pro dfc with microbeast.
I took the plunge and purchased one of these last month and what can I say apart from "what a fantastic heli" the quality and performance in my eyes is equal to or better than other manufacturers equivalent’s. I love the flight time and the ease to fly, its like a tamed down trex 250 that I can fly easily in the back yard. I made some adjustments to to increas the rx travel limits and put a bit of negative expo to sharpen it up. I clearly don’t understand all those that criticise walkera, this heli is great, it is durable to practice with and does not have any issues which require hrs of time trying to get it to fly right, for my needs it works perfect and I can fully recommend to others.
JonBee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2015, 10:03 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

If your flip and roll rates seem slow, try it with 130x main blades. Totally transformed mine, and the green blades look great with the green canopy.
Murph_d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2015, 08:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll have to try that. I still haven't given this thing a good shake down. I did however rewire the idle up and hold buttons on the Devo 7e tonight. There was no way I was going to be able to fly this thing with a "non Spektrum" button layout. I just wish I could mod the TX to make it bigger!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in