Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Beam

Beam Beam Helicopters Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2016, 01:07 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exacly what i thought you would write. 😵. Prove it, or else its just a statement based on other youtubevideos

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
RasmusDK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2016, 08:25 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why would I need to prove to you something I already know IRL?

You want me to prove what I hear IRL is somehow different by posting my own video? So you're saying if I record a video of my Beam Avantgarde, the video will sound different from all the other videos including yours?
TheKingPhisher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2016, 08:28 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your very own videos proves the gear noise is louder than the helical geared E700...

If you don't believe your own videos then why would you want me to make a video to prove to you that it's just as loud as the one in your video?
Old 07-24-2016, 10:52 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just dont belive you have flown yours 😎
By seeing whats written about you, that you are more active here that on field, and love to argue.... I just like to feed the Trolle 😚

Please dont compare the Beam video with the raptor. They are shot with two different cameras. Raptor is shot with a mobius 😂
This proves you claim from a video. Nonsens

Old 07-24-2016, 11:33 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry to be a wet blanket guys but wouldn't the gear noise argument be better suited to a new thread on that particular subject? It's kinda jumped the tracks from the original where to find parts topic. We could really use some new threads started here in the Beam section anyway.....

Joe
Old 07-24-2016, 11:53 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dont worry Joe you are right 😀 i dont know why he keeps getting on 🙄

Old 07-25-2016, 04:08 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojoe View Post
It really is insane that so many people base the quality of a heli on how many upgrades are available in the market. No Beam upgrades out there? Gee, it must not be a good heli. 'scuse me while I go order another $100 in parts to try to get my Align heli to hold together properly. It seems Beam lost the market simply because it was too good for it's own good.

Joe
Hi Joe.
I never heard anyone express that. And I really don't know why it hasn't sold more.

Maybe because they haven't promoted it in the west.

I bought mine after a happy owner wrote about it in our local R/C magazine. I was in the market for a 600 size heli and had the electrical parts ready, so the article hit a soft spot. I went to see one and liked what I saw. I had already converted (reverted) my TRex 500ESP into a belted tail version, so the Beam having a belted tail was a plus. Herringbone gear also. And it's slim (more slim than the 500 I had), making it strong when crashing. Breakaway parts for canopy. I just didn't like the battery tray, but well, I decided I could live with that. I would have liked a stronger aluminum tail. I now have a TRex 700 F3C undercarriage, as the Beam one becomes brittle when cold. And since the F3C undercarriage is very low I have lifted the rear legs with a bit of aluminum.

You know by now I bought new herringbone gears in Belgium. I would like the Avantgarde to have a larger following, but I can't really do much about it. I am content with just being able to get spares.

Cheers
Erik
Old 07-25-2016, 04:54 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:=...."Originally Posted by Turbojoe View Post
It really is insane that so many people base the quality of a heli on how many upgrades are available in the market. No Beam upgrades out there? Gee, it must not be a good heli. It seems Beam lost the market simply because it was too good for it's own good.

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by oy2503 View Post
Hi Joe.
I never heard anyone express that. And I really don't know why it hasn't sold more.

Maybe because they haven't promoted it in the west.

You know by now I bought new herringbone gears in Belgium. I would like the Avantgarde to have a larger following, but I can't really do much about it. I am content with just being able to get spares.

Cheers
Erik
Hi Erik,...I believe TJ may have taken my post the wrong way, as i wasn't asking for any 'improvements'..... just a bit more of a range in 'glitz'...you know, like....options.

I find their canopy ranges very limited, and having additional parts after a smash available anodized, or hydro-dipped, or like the canopy's, painted?..

ie; a broader option range of what already does work perfectly. Do you only own 3x shirts & 2x pair shoes?.....

I see a combination of both your views on it's 'contracting'.....i'm led to believe Beam are really big in Sth. Korea (SK), with anything outside the country being 'cream'..nice to have, but gotta look after the bread & butter...and they really are just a smallish, family run, off-shoot business of a larger company (or were, at least)...

Promotion, or lack thereof, also contributes, as does the build quality (never disputed by me, in fact the contrary, check my posts ), yet higher exposure would reap more new pilots, more newb thumbs/setups falling prey to gravity....and the cycle begins...

I'm sure minds sharper than mine have done the crunching for their business model, and they are doing what works for them,....as noted above, at least they are STILL HERE....

BH
Old 07-25-2016, 06:30 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamHangar View Post
Quote:=...."Originally Posted by Turbojoe View Post
It really is insane that so many people base the quality of a heli on how many upgrades are available in the market. No Beam upgrades out there? Gee, it must not be a good heli. It seems Beam lost the market simply because it was too good for it's own good.

Joe

Hi Erik,...I believe TJ may have taken my post the wrong way, as i wasn't asking for any 'improvements'..... just a bit more of a range in 'glitz'...you know, like....options.

BH
No, no, no! That post was in absolutely no way directed at you. It was just my observation of the heli market as a whole. My experience with Align and Blade is that it seems to be a never ending cycle of replacing under performing stock parts with more under performing stock parts or going to the aftermarket to find something that will hopefully last a bit longer. Exactly the same situation as with R/C car racing. A never ending wallet drain. I think most Americans equate a strong aftermarket parts supply with the product they should buy. Makes no sense but that seems to be the way a lot of people think. BEAM parts are already first quality and the aftermarket knew they couldn't improve on them so they didn't even try. No aftermarket BEAM parts made people think it must not be a good heli and they shied away and continued to pour money into their T-Rex never realizing what they were missing out on. Again, just MY thoughts on why BEAM didn't last here in the USA.

Joe
Old 07-25-2016, 07:09 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

.....no worries TJ, i wasn't sure, that's why i wrote ...."may have etc...", and yes, what you write has merit.....had they had a Team stateside & here (well, wherever they had outlets really..) and were in comps so folks could see them...well,...who knows now eh?

A lot of Asian countries operate on 50-200 yr plans, and Beam is but an infant....

BH
Old 07-25-2016, 07:32 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the low popularity of BEAM helis has nothing to do with their quality or options. It's probably more to do with distribution and lack of promotion/marketing.
Old 11-06-2016, 02:20 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have seen lot of Avantgarde videos... they always had a loud sound from maingear WHICH OFTEN IS MADE FROM MICROPHONE.

There are a lot videos which have that sound, but in real life you hear nothing!

Cheers
HexagonX is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in