Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Section

New Member Section If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 02:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default greatings from sweden

When I was a kid I often wished for radiocontrolled toys, but those days they where very expensive and my folks just couldn't afford that kind of toys.

Now, 20 years later I bought myself a bitchar car, just for fun. And after that I bought some more cars, and then a simpel 2 channel plane (14 grams I think). This is how it all started for me.

By now I have evolved a little and now my toys aren't that cheap as the bitchar cars, but I still consider my Lama v3 a toy, even though it has costed me plenty already.

It feels like I'm just inches away from taking the next step and go from koaxials to an ordinary heli, but as long as my lama still is fun to fly it'll take some more time...

What's important for me is to have fun, and there's still some fun left to explore in my lama v3.

Over and out...
krasse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2010, 05:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Krasse and welcome to HeliFreak. I am so glad to hear someone progressing well but not making the mistake of rushing on to a CP too soon. It's all about fun and if you are enjoying the Lama V3, then what's the rush.
I see you have found the Lama forum

Here is something you may want to read before buying your next heli:- https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=167543

Happy flying!!

Cheers, OD.

If you make a mistake and learn from it, that's progress

2 x Nano heli's - now passed on to Megan, HoneyBee V1.....Awaiting test flight, T-Rex 250 V1, Hitec 5084MG tail servo, DX6i, Walkera 4#3A (it's in fairly good hands Bugster).
oliverdots is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2010, 06:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank's for the welcoming words and the link.

I'm not yet ready for the next step in my heli flying, but with every upgrade on my lama it feels like I'm getting closer to the point when I buy a new heli.

I have already been looking at fixed pitched single rotor heli's just because of the advantages described in the thread you linked to.

The most tempting fp heli I've found for now is the micro-sized Blade Msr. Maybee not the best heli for outdoor flying, but since it's so much smaller than my lama v3 I think it would be much more agile in my not soo spacious home. It's almost impossible to do anything but hover in my living room with the lama, because of the lack of space.

Question is how the blade msr perfomce outdoors. I suspect that Blade msr since it's smaller it's even more sensitive to wind comparing to lama v3, but then again Blade msr is a single rotor heli and I suspect that could make a difference.

IF the Blade msr can handle more wind than the lama V3, it will probably find it's way into my home real soon...
Old 03-14-2010, 09:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

What about the Blade SR. Sounds like it's CP sized just fixed pitch. Haven't seen much about it though.
rledward56us is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2010, 02:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I do understand the advantages with bigger heli's, but I feel that there is som disadvantages too with bigger helis.

One is the fact that with bigger heli's the damages tend to get more serious too when loosing control. Both to the heli and to what the heli crashes into.

Another disadvantage with bigger heli's is that it's nearly impossible to fly indoors (in my home).

Considering how I would like to fly helis (for now) the ideal heli would be a micro-sized heli, that still performes well outside if it's not to windy. Acceptable perfomance when its blowing up to 6m/s would would be perfect for me.

Micro-sized so I can train in my house and so I easily can take my heli with me when going places. Micro-sized helis tend to be a littler cheaper too and that's also a good thing if you, like me have other more expensive hobbies too...

Question is how much wind Blade Msr can handle before it gets to hard to fly.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys

I'm in trouble.
I'm about to take the next step from my Coax lama v3 to a single rotor heli.

First I was thinking of the Blade Msr, because it's so small. The size of the Msr makes it possible to fly a little more aggressive in my house, comparing to the much bigger Lama v3.

But then I thought of outside flying, and I'm just not sure the Msr handles the wind better than my lama v3 (considering all the upgrades). Maybee the size of the Msr will be a bigger problem when flying outside.

I thought that single rotor helis was better in wind than coax, but then I began to think about the flybar. It's mostly the upper rotor-head with the flybar that gives coax-helis problems when flying outside, and since the Msr also has a rotorhead stabilized with a flybar, maybee this will cause the same kind of problems the coax helis has outside.

Because of these thoughts I begun to look at single-rotor FP helis in bigger scale.
One of the heli's I've found interesting is the Kestrel SX500. But the Kestrel has same kind of flybar-stabilized rotor-head as the lama.

So now I really don't know what to consider if I want to take the next step from the lama v3.

Should I maybee go for a full CP-heli direct, even though I don't feel ready for flying CP-helis quite yet.

Please give me some input on these thoughts...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in