Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > DJI Multirotor Support > Flamewheel Multirotor Support

Flamewheel Multirotor Support Flamewheel Multirotor Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default F450 Naza GPS help

I just got an f450 with naza from another member on here, before i even put it in the air i ordered the gps upgrade and installed it also. Ive completed the gps calibration with no errors, and get a slow green flashing led while in gps mode, which tells me i have good/enough satellite connections.

Heres what ive been doing, i get it to hover around 6' while in in ATT mode, then switch to GPS mode(i see the led change to slow green), center the throttle stick(if its not already there) and then release right stick. Then it just drifts away and i pretty much have to continue to fly it like i would in ATT mode.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

How far have you let it drift? It's not millimeter precision, it won't stick exactly where you stop, sometimes it will drift into its closest location and settle in.

Also, I assume you've set the correct x/y/z distances in the Naza setup for the GPS?
psylence519 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you calibrated the gps/compass outside away from anything magnetic?
JGrn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 04:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Im talkin like 10'-15' drifting and it might keep going if not. I just noticed when i flip my switch into gps mode it dips forward and flys off and also slowly drifts left.

Calibration was done on my driveway. Closest thing would be my house and my pickup(about 15'), then powerlines. (25'+)
Old 01-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by daneger21 View Post
Im talkin like 10'-15' drifting and it might keep going if not. I just noticed when i flip my switch into gps mode it dips forward and flys off and also slowly drifts left.

Calibration was done on my driveway. Closest thing would be my house and my pickup(about 15'), then powerlines. (25'+)

Is it drifting in a large circle? Going round and round?
Old 01-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrn View Post
Is it drifting in a large circle? Going round and round?
nope, flying "tail" in it dips forward elevator and flys off. This last time I just test flew it, it was about 20' from where i hit the gps button and it would have for sure kept going but i flew it back.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like the gps may be bad. Contact the retailer maybe ?
Old 01-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe do you have some subtrims on tx?
And then have you right calibrate gimbals course of your tx in assistant sw, such as in mid stick should have green line indicators?

Sent from my IPhone using Tapatalk
Pozzix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrn View Post
Sounds like the gps may be bad. Contact the retailer maybe ?
I think i just noticed a possible issue. Ive noticed that the naza itself may be facing the wrong direction according to the software and the arm colors. Software shows red arms as "nose". And the naza motor(esc) ports are facing the whites. I wonder if the original owner had issues. I just assumed the red arm were the "nose" and thats how i mounted the gps since i added it myself. I didnt even think or noticed when i plugged in the gps module. I will change mounting settings and my reversing and recalibrate....
Old 01-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozzix View Post
Maybe do you have some subtrims on tx?
And then have you right calibrate gimbals course of your tx in assistant sw, such as in mid stick should have green line indicators?

Sent from my IPhone using Tapatalk

Nope no subtrims or trim.

My previous post i found a possible issue the way the previous owner mounted it. Hopefully it didnt mess anything up.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok the Naza MC the motor ports face forward also the arrow on the GPS faces forward. You have to make sure of this. I don't think it will be a COG issues as I've changed my orientation several time and never changed the distance of COG in the software. And mine still hovers fine and RTH works. I'm not talking barly changed the set up. I'm talking major changes. From hex to quad and different spot for GPS and MC still never changed my COG in the software and no issues. So I would make sure the mechanical part is right first. Front of Naza and GPS forward as per the software states. Wether your flying X or +

Beep, Beep, Honk, Honk, Over and Out Rotorhead
Old 01-20-2013, 06:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttzzy View Post
Ok the Naza MC the motor ports face forward also the arrow on the GPS faces forward. You have to make sure of this. I don't think it will be a COG issues as I've changed my orientation several time and never changed the distance of COG in the software. And mine still hovers fine and RTH works. I'm not talking barly changed the set up. I'm talking major changes. From hex to quad and different spot for GPS and MC still never changed my COG in the software and no issues. So I would make sure the mechanical part is right first. Front of Naza and GPS forward as per the software states. Wether your flying X or +

I got this from another member and i noticed the naza mc is facing the wrong direction, facing white arms and not red(atleast according to the software as "front/nose"). Which meant when i installed the gps facing the "front/nose" it was actually facing the "rear/tail". I redid my software setup and numbers and got my reversing correct. Ill go outside in a bit and recalibrate the gps module.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok man. It doesn't have to be to the red arm. As long as they both face the same and software agrees and motors turn the right way as met orientation of the MC GPS and software. Basically all i said was color of arm doesn't matter lol.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttzzy View Post
Ok man. It doesn't have to be to the red arm. As long as they both face the same and software agrees and motors turn the right way as met orientation of the MC GPS and software. Basically all i said was color of arm doesn't matter lol.

I understand this. But im admitting I didnt look or check, and i just assumed...
Old 01-20-2013, 07:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just got back in from a test fly after correcting the gps arrow direction. Add also the mounting measurements in the software accordingly for that correction. I assumed the red arms were forward from references in the software, but the previous owner had it setup as white being the nose. My mistake for not noticing. I also had to switch back some reversing on elev and ailer channels in my tx since the orientation is not opposite. This is my first quad and figuring things out.

But after the test fly shes working great now! I didnt test the failsafe because it is dark out right now lol

Thanks guys for helping me weed out issues until i found; ME pretty much being the issue!
Old 01-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome, always good when it's a simple problem!
Old 01-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by daneger21 View Post
Just got back in from a test fly after correcting the gps arrow direction. Add also the mounting measurements in the software accordingly for that correction. I assumed the red arms were forward from references in the software, but the previous owner had it setup as white being the nose. My mistake for not noticing. I also had to switch back some reversing on elev and ailer channels in my tx since the orientation is not opposite. This is my first quad and figuring things out.

But after the test fly shes working great now! I didnt test the failsafe because it is dark out right now lol

Thanks guys for helping me weed out issues until i found; ME pretty much being the issue!
No problem man I was same way. Still am!! I'm still knew to quads. Just know a bit. Glad it worked its mostly simple stuff most the time. Get the flight worked out then worry bout fail safe. That's what I did now working on course modes and OSD..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in