Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 06:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New tail assembly.

Hi All,
Am just getting back into heli flying.
So bought the Trex 100. Its brilliant i must have at least 50 cycles on it.
However whilst trying to fit through a tight doorway it too a tumble and broke a wire on the tail boom. No biggy just get a new one.
I need to put a new tail assembly on and in my haste stripped it down not taking note on which wire goes where.
Can anyone help in letting me know which wire ie. dark or light goes to the top or bottom.
Better still anyone got a close up pic of the left hand side without the canopy on?

Much thanks if you can help.

Chris.
chrisg547 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2011, 08:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

They wires look almost the same. Brown on top, copper on the bottom. You'll get nice detailed instructions with your tail assembly. Wish I could say mine flew well, have the tail drift issue bad, changed the motor but no improvement. The main board's must have production issues. Really disappointed with Align.
mikespens is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2011, 02:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hey thanks for the reply.
As i am new to it I don't know if its good or bad but I am having a great time (was until the wire broke) with it.
I guess the tail turns if quick power is applied but i have just been compensating for it with rudder.

Chris
chrisg547 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2011, 09:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey guys, within 24 hrs ive killed my t-rex, broken main blades, bent main gear, multiple cracks in canapy and bent the boom, tried to straiten boom and broke it, when replacing the boom how hard is it to detatch and re-atach the wires. dont have a solder or anything of the sort.
Arcathon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2011, 01:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

You'll want a soldering iron and some heat shrink.

Not that expensive to buy, pop into a Dick Smith's or Jaycar store and grab a low wattage soldering iron (25W or less), some 1mm or less soldering wire and some 1.5mm, or smaller if they have it, heat shrink. Should only cost you around $20 all up.

Not that hard, just a little fidgety. I don't have a Trex 100, but have done the same thing on my CB100.
Frank_fjs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2011, 03:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Hey with the soldering though it looks like a exposed wire, no covering, and it goes into a plastic clip like set up attached to the 5 in 1. if it went directly to the board would be easier to solder yea??
Arcathon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in