Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > mQX

mQX Blade mQX Quad Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 10:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Collecting the Quad?

I see severl people having several MCPXs. So, wondering if there will be collectors of the quad as well? Some how I dont see that happening as they are not as fully customizable as the MCPX is. With the MCPX being fully customizable, you can make each one uniqely individual.
I just dont see that happening with the quad.

What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

It seems like the quads aren't breaking like the mcpx does. People own multiple mcpx's to either always be able to fly or make one brushless/other mods and keep one stock.

I don't think anyone has actually broken anything besides the canopy, which is easily fixable on the mqx
harda toenail is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Like you said custom is the name of the game. I have one mcpx v2 stock and one blinged out, so if the heli gods will it to be customed then i will have one of each.
ybomyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by harda toenail View Post
It seems like the quads aren't breaking like the mcpx does. People own multiple mcpx's to either always be able to fly or make one brushless/other mods and keep one stock.

I don't think anyone has actually broken anything besides the canopy, which is easily fixable on the mqx
Lost my first motor. Cleaned the gears and lubed the bearings and bushings in the motor Seemed like it worked at first but after 2 flights I am back to having to kick start it every time. Then it will fly but as soon as you punch it it just wants to almost flip over in the direction of that blade.

I have crashed it many many times though lol so couldn't say it is eflites fault. We will see how the rest of them hold up.
Nytflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2012, 01:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default saw a failed as3x on a quad

knock on wood!! it wasnt mine but LHS owner demo quad's board is out,or thats the diagnoses,as of today motors all running at different speeds so im thinking board too,, but to reply to varc i dont see multiples either other than not wanting to wait on a cool down so you just gotta have 2 [kicking myself for buying 2 msrx] lol plus im not sure what kinda bling you could do to a Quad? other than a tricked out or wierd new theme style canopy your bling options seem somewhat limited
Old 01-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I will for sure have two, or more at some point! I have not even received mine yet, and I already have a custom canopy, and lights wired up. I was even a the LHS today looking into alternate props, bigger brushed motors, and other various little this, and thats. I really doubt it will be very long before I need another stock mQX to fly while my "MOD Quad" is on the bench.
Heli-Yeah! is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytflyer View Post
Lost my first motor. Cleaned the gears and lubed the bearings and bushings in the motor Seemed like it worked at first but after 2 flights I am back to having to kick start it every time. Then it will fly but as soon as you punch it it just wants to almost flip over in the direction of that blade.

I have crashed it many many times though lol so couldn't say it is eflites fault. We will see how the rest of them hold up.
Just curious which motor you lost. I have read about the right front motor being a problem child. Mine doesn't like to start up with all the others so I called Horizon Hobby. They seem to be aware of this problem and are sending me a new replacement.
skipper1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2012, 09:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

this happened to me too, so I went back to my lhs and they replaced it. this mqx still a blast.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My right rear motor and bearings are damaged, the motor heats up and binds slightly and there is play in the bearings.I also have minor splits in every thruster boom, they all twist more than they did new and two of them i can see the splits when twisting.

Been flying mine at night mostly and losing orientation leading to some hard crashes, i've had the battery launch several feet from the body in a hard crash, after re-inserting the battery it took off no problem.

This thing is tough :
chriswoz83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2012, 11:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am guilty of ordering a second.

This thing is too much fun, I got it on Wednesday and I can't let it sit still. It just wants to dance around my living room.

My black CCW motor started to act up on Saturday after I crashed into the walls and hardwood floors too many times while learning and sorting out the DR and expo settings. I imagined myself sitting without a functioning MQX and I ordered the second one for just in case.

Then the motor ended up dying later that day. For 6-8 batteries I could get it to start occasionally and it would run fine once it got started. It progressively got more difficult to start and then began to not work consistently once started. It now seems completely dead. Swapped the motor with the other CCW motor today and verified it was the motor and not the board. I ordered a number of parts from an ebay vendor including a new motor.

The new Q should be here on Wed, the parts on Thur or Fri.

I actually bought the second, an RTF, with the idea of possibly giving it to a friend and that may happen if interest is shown before I make it my own. If I do give it away I am unsure if I will end up with another BNF for myself.

Tom - jonesing for my Missy Q
TomQ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2012, 07:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Was getting mcp-x replacement parts yesterday and saw the mQX on the shelf so I grabbed one. Wow! What a hoot this thing is to fly! Went through 6 charges last night (doing 7:30 a battery and they have resting voltage of ~3.9VDC in X mode) and can't wait to fly it again!

Been getting much better with the mCQ-x too, but that's for a different thread.
bassplayinDude is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2012, 10:37 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by harda toenail View Post
People have ruined motors and broken booms, too.
dbarhsi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2012, 10:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper1 View Post
Just curious which motor you lost. I have read about the right front motor being a problem child. Mine doesn't like to start up with all the others so I called Horizon Hobby. They seem to be aware of this problem and are sending me a new replacement.
Same motor (right/front) failed on me. Did the same thing with not wanting to start up unless you flicked the prop by hand. Mine was so bad that the quad was pretty much unflyable as any throttle from a hover sent it shooting off in the direction of the bad motor. It was definitely the motor because I swapped it diagonally with the left rear motor and the problem went with it. Just got my replacement motor from Horizon yesterday and it seems to be flying okay...for now...
dbarhsi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2012, 10:54 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just did an 8 minute flight. In those 8 minutes I crashed 9 times. I was able to lift off again after 4 of those crash landings.

One thing you want to check is battery placement. The AS3X will compensate for your battery being off center so unless you're checking you may be putting extra work on certain motors.
bassplayinDude is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2012, 11:15 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not quite two mQX yet, but in addition to my stock Q, I also have a spare 4-n-1 on the way for testing, and development. I have been thinking about a brushed octocopter, or a micro VP brushless quad.

Last edited by Heli-Yeah!; 02-03-2012 at 08:53 AM..
Heli-Yeah! is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2012, 05:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a q board, main frame, and 4 SR tail motors I am planning on using for it.... I'll let u know when I get it in the air lol
Blue87 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in