Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G6 / V120 Series

4G6 / V120 Series Walkera 4G6 / V120 Series Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 07:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default ready for fall

howdy fellas

Could someone be so kind and "catch me up" as to whats new and working well

I unplugged mine last spring and well its getting to be fall again.

I have the 4G6 with the HP-08 v2
everything else stock.

So this year I would like to go seperates or maybe the 3 axis route -- sorry I want to get a consolidated version of the last 5 months hehehehe

Thanks fellas,
Markus

AMP you still here lol
dizzymarkus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2010, 09:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

Hey Markus, what about a 2S version. If you know how to fly then I think the 3-Axis will be a bit restrictive (locks the throttle to 90%) - outside of that there is dkfuji's fbl head and stay true head; metal front gear, some MH bling for the tail (stay away from the swash though), spinworks assymetrical blades... most of the stuff has been around crash proofing - tail and main shaft clutch, timewerx mods, prcrashers shafts etc....

Amp has just done a speked 2S which you can find over at RCG.
JossyRC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2010, 09:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

the metal front gear was around few months back but wa sin geramny only I think and ungodly to get in price -- different supply now?

Thanks for the heads up on the 3 axis -- I have the 2801 and can revert back but didnt want to.

I'll have to take a peak at Amps RCG thread -- link anyone? Mine still flies fine the way it is -- little quirky but I want to be SPEK and up with the Lones lol

Thanks greatly,
Markus
Old 09-05-2010, 11:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

Hey, Saw you over on the protos forum.

Here is the link to the spek 4G6.
JossyRC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2010, 03:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for the link -- Love the Protos :0)

Markus
Old 09-05-2010, 09:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dizzy how 'ya doing?

What are you after from the little guy?

What sort of stuff are you into (heli wise not the nitty gritty of your home life!)...fbl etc?

Apparently there is a revision to the 2610V rx that will "fix" the first version rx's. This is the rx that is in Walkera's V120D02. Bare in mind it's more of a stabalization system than a proper fbl usit and it has 2801 issues...binds in 2801 but people still aren't happy with programability....people also seem to prefer the tail gyro in the 2609.

In the Spek RCG thread right at then end zeitgespenst has done a "proper" 3 axis 4g6. Pretty sweet job. Maybe that and a Dkfuji or V120Do2 head may be a fun project.

If you are after power...2s is way cool!

Upgrades...Microheli tail slider gets alot of good feedback. That's about all I'm interested in currently. Happy with the stock gears, no clutch mods, just use a little double tape under the metal plate to compress against boom so the boom can't move. Yet to strip one and I've crashed 10 or so times. Just land on the head instead of the tail!

Amp
Ampdraw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2010, 06:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey Amp -- still active as ever I see -- thanks for the response

I am not looking to go FB -- I just need a tad more power than the hpo8-2 and the oversky 25c 450's. Im no rewind'er tho as you ;0( I want to finally get ride of the 2801 tx and get er on my DX7. I meant to do that last year but you know -- just fly it lol Shes al stock cept the HP-08 with metal head cept the headblock. Pretty much sitting at last seasons stage of things :0)

So to cut it shorter I would like to know what 2s motor is good -- esc too-- and I think I am going to try an Align 800 HH gyro with the tiny SPEK rx (6400 is it) Im gonna get er airworthy again and remindmyself why I want the change hehe -- been a few months and Im trying ot beat the bad weather so I do it :0)

Markus
Old 09-06-2010, 07:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

The small Spek rx is the 6300. Bigskyhobby and Todd'smodels are worth a look or post a wanted thread here or Rcg.

Off the shelf the HPO8 2s is the way to go, along with either the Hyperion 320 25/45C...have to buy loose cells and make a pack...stock 2s version doesn't fit according to spec. Or a Oversky 300mah 2s drop in fit but cells aren't Hyp's!

You'll get decent dollars for your Hpo8 if you choose to sell it. A whole lot of crap came about with quality or "supposed" quality issued propergated by a vendor....never could get to the bottom but the HPO8 early versions are still the crackin' 1s motor.

Esc...around 10A for 2s will be capable of what is necessary to not hold the motor back. I'm using the CC10 'cause I had it lying around. XP12A or Plush 10A etc...could probably get away with the XP7A but I went all out to make sure I got the power.

Tail servo as per the RCG 4g6 seperates thread and this thread
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1244495
Stock one may do ok on 5V...but if it doesn't ^^^

Gyro....Align 800??

Amp
Old 09-06-2010, 07:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great info man and I appreciate it alot :0)

Align RCE 600 gyro sorry my bad typo :-- these are actualy a prettygood gyro --just cant find em not in the combo or at all anymore really
http://www.allerc.com/product_info.php?products_id=3806
operating voltage 4.5 - 6v ;0) -- used it on my 450 for a while and sits as a back up -- all Inertia 860 now -- time to get re-enlisted :0)

I have the 6300 here just couldnt remember the numbers and the coffee was tasteing good I didnt want to move lol

What are you buying two of these: (Hyperion 320 25/45C) & soldering together? how are you balenceing them?

My current HP-08 v2 runs like a raped ape :0) just think I need more as Im not very collective friendly at times lol. I'm unsure if I will let it go or keep it but thanks for the heads up. I still have a brand NIP XP7A here I bought and never used to go with the HP-08 hehe the stock esc works flawless with it tho. Direct soldered of course, no cogging etc. Ill find a local 10a and strip er down. I think I'll give the stock servoa run -- I got big ole fat carpenter hands that feel nothing from the first joint down hehehehe

Will update -- ordering the 2s from wow

Markus
Old 09-06-2010, 05:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

amp
while you are on the topic

i picked up a hpo8-2s from terence this week.
and all the fbl parts are coming together slowly.

i was reading on rcg that the 2610sRx will work ok on 2s without mods?
so it looks like all i will need is new batts and an esc?
i already have an xp7a but like you said dont want to restrict the motor
was looking at these, any better options?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...eed_Controller
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...eed_Controller
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Blue_Series%29

cheers
a
ado1974 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2010, 11:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Re the Hyp's...I running two loose cells, bought without the shrink wrap or connectors and no balance connector (from Aircraftworld). 8.60g/cell
Here's a pic of a pack!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7#post15769827
I can probe the other tab pretty easy. If I were to run balance connectors I would not do it in the "traditional" way but use Micro deans three pin as both. Have to check the charger is happy charging through the "balance" only.
The Over 300mah are the only ones I know of that fit properly off the shelf. You could gamble on the Hyp ready made 2s but the spec says they are too thick.

That little 600 was on my list to test in the 4g3...but it was a little out of "test" price catorgory. Should do quite well I would think.

Ado:
Tower pro esc, nope not enough program options
Mystery esc, nope bec only 1A
Plush 10A is a nice esc with a 2A bec (XP12A has 1.5A bec). The input pads are the closest pads I've almost ever dealt with so soldering is "fun". I tried one with my rewound 16-06 and it stuttered full rpm but I did join pads and then seperate so alot of heat went into that esc . Think the problem was my "special" motor as I know they are a pretty good esc's... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...43&postcount=5

Re 2s on the 2610s pretty sure Bec 5V is fine. Ask Dkfuji for confirmation. Also I correct my previous post re the 2610V tail gyro. Apparently it is better than 2610s http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=290

Amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in