Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 07:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade 130X just arrived - faulty servo out of the box

Just got my 130X, unboxed and bound to DX8, straight away I can see the front servo is faulty - bounces horribly on any movement, or even when stationary, I assume this is a faulty servo, there is also no clearance at all between A gear and FET (can't even fit a piece of paper through, they are already touching), hopefully can get a quick replacement for the weekend.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4tuc8OyNQ8[/ame]

Anyone else seen this ?
jamesb72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2012, 07:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry to hear you got a dud.

Me and a few other people had servos with bad solder connections with the servo motor wires connecting to the servo board. You may want to jiggle these wires and see if they are actually connected. I think I also read a post from some one that had a bad connection at the servo wire plug going into 3 in1 board.

Hang in there, its a cool heli once you work out the initial QA issues.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardur View Post
Me and a few other people had servos with bad solder connections with the servo motor wires connecting to the servo board.
It must be something simple like that, but as there is also zero clearance between A gear and fet (I can't even get a piece of paper between them), I'd rather get a fresher one

I did expect a few bumps in the road, so not too fussed, and I'm sure it will be sorted, just waiting for a call back from shop to see if I can get another one sent out today for the weekend, fingers crossed they have one left. Otherwise at least I will get the next batch hopefully with the tweaks
Old 07-19-2012, 07:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesb72 View Post
Just got my 130X, unboxed and bound to DX8, straight away I can see the front servo is faulty - bounces horribly on any movement, or even when stationary, I assume this is a faulty servo, there is also no clearance at all between A gear and FET (can't even fit a piece of paper through, they are already touching), hopefully can get a quick replacement for the weekend.

Anyone else seen this ?
Definitely have seen on the boards a variation on this. Mine seemed OK till I put the metal gear in there and then that wiped out the FET in one flight and then I had from the front servo exactly what it sounds like you are having.

For me the replacing of the servo fixed the issue with that.

For the metal gear for me I found it to be of a 14.40mm OD. I took it down to 14.25 and with the new servo I have in there now, there hasn't been a problem.

Over all, there does seem to be a variation from one helo to the next so what would work for you could be dif.
WBFAir is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2012, 08:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good news, shop has some left, so I've bought a second one which they will send today, and refund when this one gets back next week, so hopefully I can still fly a 130X at the weekend.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

As others posted check the servo's soldering as there have been many with bad solder joints , solder wicked up the wire and wire flexed enough times for it to break. Mine seems OK out of the box and worked fine for one flight then second flight right ail. servo was dead. Lead had broke about 1 mm from the solder pad so must have only had a few strands that had not broke until that first flight.

My A gear (one on main shaft _ was rubbing the Transistor on the Elev. servo. I verified this by using a white paint pen and painting the dia. of the gear. After pait dried I rotated the head and a small are was indeed draging. I Remove approx. 1/2 mm (0.020") from its' dia. and repainted it, 12 flights later all the paint is still in place so no draging.

Blade should have mounted the elevator 1 mm more forward and there is plenty of room for them to have done so.

Last edited by everydayflyer; 07-19-2012 at 01:53 PM..
everydayflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Faulty servo....!???

According to the Tech Support guy at Horizon Hobby he told me the reason why the heli's release was held up for a few months was because EVERY heli was test flown for at least 4 - 5 times! That's why are heli's work so well

Now do we really think they did that?

NO WAY!

Michael
hpilotrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's really sad because I want one of these but there are just too many issues. I don't have a problem working through some of them, nothing is perfect, but man this is out of control. For how much it was delayed I would have expected something much better.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Sent from my iPhone
Synergy N5c & E5
bart2546 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpilotrc View Post
According to the Tech Support guy at Horizon Hobby he told me the reason why the heli's release was held up for a few months was because EVERY heli was test flown for at least 4 - 5 times! That's why are heli's work so well

Now do we really think they did that?

NO WAY!

Michael
Guess that explains why my right servo's motor lead at the PCB was flexed so many times by the vibrations from the tail that it broke between the first and second flights.

Wonder what they consider a flight ? Perhaps running it up in Normal,St1 and then St 2 is considered 3 flights then lifting skids of the concrete is the fourth flight.

Has anyone noticed any signs that their's was even ran up at all? Both the mian and tail blades were so loose on mine that there is now way I would have ran it up like that. Absolutely no signs of any rotation of the links on the swash or blade grip balls.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
I am a Troll and a CLONE account

Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
Has anyone noticed any signs that their's was even ran up at all?
Yes...on both of mine... There was slight visible wear on the motor pinion where it meshes with the main white gear.
sertav is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2012, 03:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you even tried to fly it yet?

Most paper is to thick to determine clearance on the servo fet.

I know it LOOKS like it is hitting but it is not. If the main gear turns freely and you can feel the clicking then your OK.

As for the servo being jittery.. have you tried to fly it yet?
Old 07-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

I got mine today, im not show how much they are "flown" but there was defo marking on the main motor gear where it meets the white nylon gear. the one gear is scary close to the fet which is not great. Im still learning but mine did not seem to have any real tail vibrations, but ive done the dynamic balance on the tail and it did seem smother, ive also balanced the main blades which seems to have also helped and done the swash grommet mod. Apart from that ive been pleased with it.

I am going to be swapping to the upgrade metal gear as mine is showing some wear already.

Trev
gti_uk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorJ View Post
As for the servo being jittery.. have you tried to fly it yet?
Why would he do that and ASK for a crash? That servo is NOT behaving normally. Either get it or the whole heli replaced. I had a faulty servo on mine (different type of fault) and it appeared to fly "fine" for about 3 hovering flights. Then the whole thing went haywire. I got it refunded and bought a 2nd one.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
Why would he do that and ASK for a crash?
Cause I'm just crazy like that...
Old 07-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorJ View Post
Cause I'm just crazy like that...
Fair 'nuff.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Most paper is to thick to determine clearance on the servo fet.
Standard computer printer / copier paper is only 0.004" thick and IMO if there is less clearnace than that the frame will flex enough in hard flight to let it rub.

I used a paint pin to pait the A gear,let it dry ,rotated the head and there was a section on the gear where the paint had been rubed off. I reduced the dia. of the gear,repainted it and after 15 flights the paint is still on the gear and no n has been rubed.

As to ststing it loks it it touches but it does not,well there have been several post of the A gear remoing material from that transistor and causing the servo to fail and one report of the 3 N 1 failing right after he installed a replacement servo.

My guess is that some clear,some barely clear but perhaps hit in hard flight and some never hit. Like Dirty Harry said Do you feel lucky?
Old 07-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well , 4th flight and my tail servo failed, locked right up , bird piro'd and fell out of the sky 25 ft or so and landed on the tail. Not pretty. I'm PO'd but it has so much potential. Now let's see what HH has to say. It has issues that cannot be denied, how they are resolved is where the problem will lay for a while.
Tunnelvision is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
Standard computer printer / copier paper is only 0.004" thick and IMO if there is less clearnace than that the frame will flex enough in hard flight to let it rub.

I used a paint pin to pait the A gear,let it dry ,rotated the head and there was a section on the gear where the paint had been rubed off. I reduced the dia. of the gear,repainted it and after 15 flights the paint is still on the gear and no n has been rubed.

As to ststing it loks it it touches but it does not,well there have been several post of the A gear remoing material from that transistor and causing the servo to fail and one report of the 3 N 1 failing right after he installed a replacement servo.

My guess is that some clear,some barely clear but perhaps hit in hard flight and some never hit. Like Dirty Harry said Do you feel lucky?
What did you use to reduce the dia?
laez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lathe
Old 07-20-2012, 03:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just to update, my replacement 130X came today, I just gave it a test fly, and it flies absolutely beautifully, really stable, and everything I could have wished for. Settings in the manual seem fine (40% expo especially), I guess its now seeing how well it wears

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in