Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy HK401b gyro setup and gyro problems...

Hi everyone, sorry if there's already info on this but have a few problems...
I've got an Esky belt cp v2 been flying for a few wks now can do orbits albeit only left well at the mo and other basics, until recently i had the stock esky gyro (000855) and it never really held its heading well and did other random things like after landing when taking off would turn 90degrees or more before head holding or not at all until i reconnected it??
I read this gyro wasn't great so thought id try the HK401b gyro as it has good reviews (and cheap).
First question i have is about the mod it refers to the boards being vertical mine are not prob 10degs off, should i straighten them?(not easy with my soldering skills...)
Ive installed it on the heli and seems to hold heading a lot better but i just crashed it as it occasionally seems to put in a random yaw (tail input)... and also at times does what my original esky gyro did and rotate when taking off after landing(no where near as much tho)
I've checked the belt tension, played with the gain, tryed moving the tail servo...but am at a loss...
Any advice to my problems? any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
kiwiguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2012, 12:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Also it seems to correct for a small amount of rudder input when i try to turn?? like its taking it as wind and not an input from me that i want.
I am using the stock esky transmitter
Old 09-02-2012, 05:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

HK401b...................horrid.

I have had around four of them and only one got anywhere near working but it was just not reliable. I need peace of mind as regards the tail control and those things just don't hack it.

I actually had a cheap Walkera DS gyro for pence which I have in my Eolo and it performs like it is on rails.

fourbie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Theres a mod. See youtube. May help.
jimmanyk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

Pop of the back and fill gyro full of hot glue.
Dajavu*Xion is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2012, 12:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi thanks for the replys! i tried all sorts of settings on the gain, to much makes the tail wobble to little (right to none) still doesn't allow me to do fine yaw adjustments, bigger movements are ok but small are just corrected back to original heading. Really annoying because it head-holds so well just to well...
I've done the glue mods tried a minimal amount first, re-soldered the boards more vertical lastly i filled with glue and still no luck.
Would it be my original e-sky transmitter with not enough gain control?
Or maybe my tail servo isn't fast enough to allow the changes? (is this even plausible?)
Got annoyed with it so went back to my original esky gyro this allows the fine yaw inputs but head holding is average...tried moving the tail servo back and forth, adjusted gain...but just cant get it right...so frustrating.. seems to yaw ever slightly to the right atm.
Getting to the point where i might just have to splash out on another gyro....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in