Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Synergy Model Helicopters

Synergy Model Helicopters Synergy Model Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2014, 04:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks alot Synergy

Because of synergy i am a bit poorer and my 500pro has been collecting dust. It feels so neglected that it is threatening to blade strike me if i don't fly it. Now thanks again to synergy for it attackimg me [emoji25] .

Actually i am just liking it to much to fly my 500pro dfc. Nice heli Matt
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2014, 04:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

n5c or an n7 would be a good replacement for the 500
Old 09-25-2014, 06:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I was thinking either a second e5 or e7se. Nitro for me isn't worth it. 38$ per gallon plus shipping and hazard fees. 9 flights per gallon if your lucky so 80-130$ per day for me at 15-25 flights per flying day. Electrics are cheaper for me. Some of my packs have over 100 cycles and are still going strong so some are in the cents per flight. A second E5 to use the same packs would be nice but really unless i crash it won't get flown. E7s means moving up in pack size as i use 12cell 3300mah for my E5. It might be different if i had a hobby shop here and nitro dropped in price a fair bit.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

as long as you are having fun, I like electrics but i just love nitro anyway as far as an extra e5 goes, i am building my 3rd one at the moment. I think it is the best flying heli on the market.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you can get 30% nitro at a decent price per case, the 600 nitros are very price competitive per flight with electrics (using good batteries that is).

38$ per gallon is crazy. You should be able to do better than that. At events you can usually score cases of high end 30% for 25$/gal. I have yet to pay over 30$ for 30%.

Mike Dipalo--Synergy RC, MKS Electronics
Commodore8888 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2014, 12:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I get 30% at about 30$ a gallon. One of my local hobby shops had some odonnells that he ordered for a customer who ended up breaking his hands so he couldnt fly and sold me a case for 60$ that was pretty cool. Deals are out there. but if nitro wont work for you, you could always put the GT15HZ in the N7 and fly it as a gasser
~Futaba T14SG
TeamXpertServos
Frequency is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2014, 03:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad you are liking your E5. I liked mine so much that I went and got an E7SE. I thought the E5 might be sitting like your 500, but I ended up stretching it, and while I was working on that, I was flying the E7SE and missing my E5 between charging packs. Now I got the E5s in the air, I can work on dialing it in, and then take the E7SE out for a beating as pack allow. It is very addicting.....in a good way!
Grimmy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2014, 03:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nitro here is close to 200$per case. With no local hobby shops you then add in the shipping and hazard fees so it goes up a fair bit. No event here have i ever seen anything being sold. A few raffles but no real dealers or manufacturers present other than the one align backs as on of their team pilots put it on. The gz15 i have read some not so good things about plus i find it small for that size gasser. My g20 had the 20cc in it and it performed well. Collective management was a must though. A 30cc engine in a 640-700 size would work better.

With gass they are loud so any noise bylaws have to be known for the area you fly in. My G20 with a torpedo century pipe could be heard very far away. E7se would be my first choice i believe. I read that align stopped making the 500pro dfc so eventually it will get replaced. They change their models to often and require additional parts to fix items when they do that. Makes owning one not so nice. In the mean time my E5 will get used plenty. [emoji3]
Old 09-26-2014, 07:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is the danger of flying Synergy, once your hooked you will not want to fly anything else.
ClubCRASH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2014, 10:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Its nice in one huge respect. You don't have to upgrade anything for it to work right. Another nice thing is there isn't a new version of it every 6 months making so you have to buy 6 parts instead of one to repair it.

556 on 12cell is working well. I do want to stretch it again just to lighten up the disc loading a bit. I am glad I didn't just trash it when my original kit got destroyed on its maiden. It has turned out to be a very stable platform.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh oh ... another Synergy Addict!
Jeff_Barrett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2014, 05:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Another reason to be mad with matt for making it..... my new tx fund keeps getting dipped into wanting more and more items for my E5 from spares to more packs. I may have to sell my 500pro to fund it all lol.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is not a problem, it's a "feature" ...
Jeff_Barrett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2014, 05:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I offed my 6s 600mm to get a 12s e5s so I could share packs with my protos ... now I have sold my beloved protos to get another e5 .. I figured if I can share packs ... makes more sense to share packs and PARTS !

O Matt B. Your one slick Crack Dealer!
kayakboy69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2014, 09:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lol! So true, though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in