Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Synergy Model Helicopters

Synergy Model Helicopters Synergy Model Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2015, 08:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up E5 = Awesome Heli!!

I crashed my Logo 550sx that I have had since it came out. The 550 was my work horse. It was close to a re-kit so I wanted to try something else. I went with Synergy E5.

1. The build was longer than I am used to. The parts and finish were second to none. The highest qaulity kit I have ever put together. I actually think it is higher qaulity than my SAB Goblin 570. I have owned and built more helis than I can remember.

2. I used that exact same electronics from my Logo. I just changed the shaft on the Mikado 4025 motor, Kontronik 100LV, BLS451, Ikon, MKS 760 tail. All stock with no need for upgrades! And I do mean none! I'm a big upgrade whore and I will not be going that route with this heli.

3. I will do a comparison with the Logo 550sx once I get about 100 flights on her.

It took about 10 flights to get the gears worn in but once that happened it was incredibly smooth. I can tic toc this thing for days and it is so smooth and effortless its like flying a much larger heli. Very impressed with how well this flies. It tracks so well and 3D is very precise and crisp. If your on the fence about this heli I would not hesitate to have this in your stable. The only downside is the the weight hit. I only get about 4:00 at 2400 HS. I might be looking at say an Edge CC with RPM out for the Ikon gov (to eekk out a few more seconds of flight time) but as of right now it flies so good I just don't want to mess with it.

PS
If you get this heli don't freak out about the tail until the massive gears wear in. My E7 took over 20 flights and I was chasing a problem that just was not there. Mod 1.25 takes some time.
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2015, 09:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default E5

Funny you posted this just now, I pile drived my 550sx in this morning and have nothing left but a few parts and all the electronics. I own a Synergy N5C TT so I figured a E 5 would be a good choice, I was just looking on scorpions site for a 6mm shaft.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Get the new XL shaft and cut it down. Inov8tive has a good video to help out with changing the shaft.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I took most of the gear out of my logo 600 to put into my E5s, yes there is a bit of extra weight compared to the lightweight Logo airframe but the E5s flys nicely and it's only really in the autos it feels a bit heavy.

//Dennis,
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2015, 10:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Coming from century, thunder tiger, blade, and align I have to agree the E5 is just on a whole other level.. in fact I am planning on selling my align to put together a second E5.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lompma View Post
The parts and finish were second to none. The highest qaulity kit I have ever put together. I actually think it is higher qaulity than my SAB Goblin 570. I have owned and built more helis than I can remember.
I owned both the Synergy E5 and the Goblin 570. I had similar electronics on both. Spun at a VBar governed 2400rpm HS on a single 6S 45C 4400-4500mah packs on both. The G570 was much tougher on the single 6S packs (packs got a lot warmer) after discharging to about 30% capacity, even when I changed the blades from the stock 570mm SAB's to the 556mm Rail's. Also, even though the Goblin 570 was ~300g lighter than the Synergy E5, the Goblin 570 was much more difficult to auto as the more I tightened the tail belt, the faster the main blades would come to a stop. After I auto the Synergy E5, the blades keep spinning and spinning even with full negative collective. I just stop the blades by hand as I get a bit impatient. The E5 is just that much smoother.

Here are the Goblin 570 and the Synergy E5 side by side (bottom 2 helis). One of the last pics of the Goblin 570 before I stripped off the electronics and sold the frame on the cheap.

Front view of Goblin 570 (left most) and Synergy E5 (center). The Goblin had really nice colors and visibility, but I prefer the more traditional look of the E5.

Quote:
....All stock with no need for upgrades! And I do mean none! I'm a big upgrade whore and I will not be going that route with this heli.
I got a few upgrades for the Synergy E5:

1) Turnbuckles
2) Quick UK magnetic mounts on the front
3) Synergy E7SE metal tail pitch slider (mainly for nicer metal look)

If ever available, I would upgrade to a swash with a main bearing that can be tightened with screws like with most newer helis nowadays.

Quote:
I only get about 4:00 at 2400 HS. I might be looking at say an Edge CC with RPM out for the Ikon gov...
With 6S 45C 4400mah packs spinning at 2400rpm, I was charging back ~2,785mah after 4:00min with the G570 and ~2,795mah after 4:40min with the Synergy E5.

The Synergy E5 (and E7SE) is much easier to service and route wires than the Goblin 570 where all the components are crammed in with little room to work with. The Synergy E5 canopy is much easier to insert and remove compared with the Goblin 570 canopy after installing the Quick UK magnetic front canopy mounts.
Amain Team Pilot
jhamel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2015, 02:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger1973 View Post
Coming from century, thunder tiger, blade, and align I have to agree the E5 is just on a whole other level.. in fact I am planning on selling my align to put together a second E5.
When I built it as a E5s spinning Rail 606/96 blades, the Synergy E5s was only 2g heavier than the heavily KDE modified T-Rex 600 DFC.

Although I enjoyed the T-Rex 550 (well, more like a KDE 550), the Synergy E5 is in a different league.
Amain Team Pilot
Old 07-22-2015, 04:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeon View Post
When I built it as a E5s spinning Rail 606/96 blades, the Synergy E5s was only 2g heavier than the heavily KDE modified T-Rex 600 DFC.

Although I enjoyed the T-Rex 550 (well, more like a KDE 550), the Synergy E5 is in a different league.
I would agree. I enjoyed my 500pro but once i started flying my e5 (was an e5s when i built it) i prefer to fly it. 1 flight this year on my 500, all the rest are E5.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I built my first E5 as an E5s. Huge learning curve as I had never cut a boom or a TT before. This pipe cutter from Home Depot did the trick for me.

So easy to use (Thank you Chris Sexton for you encouragement). I love how the boom length can be customized to be no longer than needed to minimize the elevator pendulum effect.

I later built a standard E5 to run on 6S and an E7SE on 12S. As much as I enjoyed the E5s, it was the only helicopter I had that used 6S 3300 packs. Mainly due to that inconvenience, I stripped off the E5s electronics and sold the frame and blades.

These are pics of the E5, E5s, and E7SE

I installed the E5s electronics on the Goblin 570, but I quickly realized that I preferred to fly the E5 much more than the G570. I sold the G570 frame after only 45 flights.
Amain Team Pilot
Old 07-22-2015, 08:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice fleet bruh!
cml001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2015, 08:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nice fleet and nice setup for the field!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in