Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Scale Helicopters

Scale Helicopters Discussions About Scale Helis, compatibility and and projects

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2014, 04:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My Airwolf 500 Afterburner Solution !

As you will see in my previous post I was trying to find an afterburner for both sides of my trex 500 Airwolf but because the thrust cones are small I couldn't find anything comercially so I've invented my own........... They are 5 candle led's which slightly flicker which are soldered together to create a hot flame effect when viewed from the rear.....Now got to make one for the other side
:*http://youtu.be/aupy3gruA8M[/youtube]*
:*http://youtu.be/UXG_c-59a2M
aburn09 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2014, 05:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

nice work! that looks awesome!
Old 10-14-2014, 04:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks very nice.

What do you have to control your Anti-collision lights as the under tail strob look like whay I'm after for one of my models.

Stuart
The-Borg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2014, 07:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Stuart don't know if you've seen the full workings of the model ? All the sounds are coming from the heli itself and all the lights are in the correct place
: http://youtu.be/dXJPYL11NMQ
The lights you might be interested are these ones i have modified all the bulbs to 3mm rather than the 5mm that come with the kit as they were too large for my 500 Airwolf....
:
Aviation Power Light Scale Lighting System for Helis and Aeroplanes - MyRcMart.com (2 min 51 sec)
Old 10-14-2014, 09:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had see the Vid The Lady looks the bizz.
Thanks for the Info.

Stuart,
The-Borg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2014, 09:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's taken alot of time and patience but I have quite a unique Airwolf and it fly's fantastically I'm just waiting to get some footage of it flying when my mates got time to hold the camera ...... Enjoy adding to your scale !
Old 10-14-2014, 02:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any chance of a parts listing ? - electronics etc.
Trex :- 450SE V2 retired, 250SC retired, 450 PRO fbled Airwolfed, 500 ESP fbled Airwolfed, 250DFC, 450DFC, 500DFC, 800DFC. M690l, MR25P - Futaba/Align. Blade :- 4003D retired,CX2, MQX, 350QX v3 - spektrum. 4503D, 450X - spektrum/Savox.
jimmanyk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2014, 04:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Jimmanyk parts for what the whole Airwolf (I'd be here all day for that and I've made alot of one off pieces on that ) or the Afterburners ? If it's the later as you are in the uk a certain well know auction site sells 10 candle flicker led's for £1.99 then you need to solder all the positive legs of the led's together then the same for the negatives then you need to solder some lighting wire to the plus and then the negative led legs and the other end crimp some servo connectors to each wire then push each wire into a servo plug which you plug into a spare channel.........I added a circle of thin non see-through plastic (cut from a milk container) into the thrust cones to diffuse the light which also prevents you seeing each individual led then put the cluster of lights behind it .......
Old 10-17-2014, 10:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finished product
: http://youtu.be/qNZaktMTZ0E
Old 10-18-2014, 12:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburn09 View Post
Jimmanyk parts for what the whole Airwolf (I'd be here all day for that and I've made alot of one off pieces on that ) or the Afterburners ? If it's the later as you are in the uk a certain well know auction site sells 10 candle flicker led's for £1.99 then you need to solder all the positive legs of the led's together then the same for the negatives then you need to solder some lighting wire to the plus and then the negative led legs and the other end crimp some servo connectors to each wire then push each wire into a servo plug which you plug into a spare channel.........I added a circle of thin non see-through plastic (cut from a milk container) into the thrust cones to diffuse the light which also prevents you seeing each individual led then put the cluster of lights behind it .......
I've been following your Airwolf revamp/upgrade posts. I also have the Align Airwolf fuselages 450 & 500 and thought very nice want!. I'm interested in the electronics - sound generator, lighting. I've remade the original landing gear in aluminium - functional rather than stylish. I thought/hoped the parts/upgrades were of the shelf.
Trex :- 450SE V2 retired, 250SC retired, 450 PRO fbled Airwolfed, 500 ESP fbled Airwolfed, 250DFC, 450DFC, 500DFC, 800DFC. M690l, MR25P - Futaba/Align. Blade :- 4003D retired,CX2, MQX, 350QX v3 - spektrum. 4503D, 450X - spektrum/Savox.
jimmanyk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2014, 04:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I can assure you i'm no master model maker everything I have made would be easy for anyone else to do the parts are all available online but some you need to modify to get it the way you want.......I have no fancy tools just a drill,solder iron and a dremmel so if there is a specific part of my build you are interested in contact me and I'll let you know where I got the part and if it needed to be adapted ?
Old 10-19-2014, 05:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice work! congrats.
CZorzella is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in