Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Do You Use Trim?

I came from the flybarless world with a 450X and 300X that do not use TX trim. I got a 450 3D so I could experience a flybar heli. Is it normal to have to apply cyclic trim each time you fly? It's not to much about 5-7 clicks, it usually wants to roll forward slowly. Maybe its just getting blown around by the wind.

I did level my swash-plate and even used a digital pitch gauge. It only varies about 1 degree of pitch at all four 90 degree placements. Center of Gravity seems good too.

I think I may have been spoiled with flybarless stabilization.

Any thoughts? Thanks
CloseYetFar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloseYetFar View Post
I came from the flybarless world with a 450X and 300X that do not use TX trim. I got a 450 3D so I could experience a flybar heli. Is it normal to have to apply cyclic trim each time you fly? It's not to much about 5-7 clicks, it usually wants to roll forward slowly. Maybe its just getting blown around by the wind.

I did level my swash-plate and even used a digital pitch gauge. It only varies about 1 degree of pitch at all four 90 degree placements. Center of Gravity seems good too.

I think I may have been spoiled with flybarless stabilization.

Any thoughts? Thanks
no you shouldnt have to use any trim, and you really dont want to trim for wind anyway cause once you turn and the wind is on the otherside of your chopper itll be way off...

as long as your swash is level and you got all your pitch's set at mid,top,and bottom stick it shouldnt need any trim... maybe a blade balance issue or tracking issue your having...

i have a 4503d and have flown a 450x, for hovering and basic moving around i noticed absolutely no difference until i actually flew it around some, then i could notice it was a bit more stable but not a ton.....
Old 07-01-2013, 05:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Should not have to use trim. Your 450 3D isn't going to be as stable, we usually get the swash as level as possible, try to adjust the battery for optimum cg, then on a calm day adjust it mechanically to get the drift out. Seems to work pretty well. Perfectly level would be better I suppose when you start going inverted, but mine goes inverted quite well. Stay away from sub trims too.
GAUI NX7, TREX 600N, Goblin 570, Gaui X3L, DX7G2, AMA#970963 Citizen 420
907Heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

You absolutely should not use trim to correct drift. You're only fixing the symptoms without fixing the root cause. You need to adjust your swash until it stops drifting, but you need to first need to have your CoG set right.
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2013, 11:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I wouldn't say stay away from sub trim. Just use it only as a last resort to get your servo horns to perfect 90 degrees. Avoid using it to level your swash, do as much adjusting mechanically as possible, it should all line up within an acceptable level of tolerance if you got your horns to 90 at 0 pitch.

Each full 360 turn on a control rod link is 1 degree of pitch. I'm not sure exactly how many millimeters in height it gives though, but the proper height of the swashplate will be determined when your bell cranks are perpendicular to the main shaft.

Also if you going to level your swash in a circular fashion, it's better to set the pitch control rod/link of the blade you're using to each servo control rod. 3 points instead of 4.
Offset is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2013, 12:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: Do You Use Trim?

Use subtrim to 90 servo horns and level swash on a fly bar helicopter. No other trim should need to be used after u do that.

On fbl it depends on the unit. Once initial setup is done u never use trim. For instance on the v bar u use sub trim and travel adjust i think it is to get all your sticks to read 0 at center and 100% at full movement. Once they read 0 u never touch that stuff again. On beast x u never use trim for anything.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in