Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 12:15 AM   #61 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

The feathering shaft set does NOT come with the proper flanged washers.

The washers are in the hardware kit I think (unsure).
Thalios is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2012, 12:40 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My 450 3D does not have extruded washers in the grips. They are also not shown in the parts explosion in the manual.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:59 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidpad View Post
You could always order the entire hardware kit - I'm pretty sure it's in there - but I can't check my kit for you until Sat afternoon.

http://www.hopmeup.com/Items/blh1673...de%20450%20New
I ordered the kit. And while I was there $90.00 of other items from hopmeup as well. You should get a commission. Gotta have those orange and green mCPx blades, you know. And I figured might as well build myself a B450 crash kit of parts not carried locally.
megawhacker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2012, 04:40 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

^^^^ hilarious....I have the same "problem" with them...and they are local to me Be advised that they also have an eBay store, and the inventory doesn't always match, so check both places if you need something and can't find it in one place or the other - I had to purchase a tail servo that way a few weeks ago, as it wasn't shown on their regular website, but was in their eBay store.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidpad View Post
^^^^ hilarious....I have the same "problem" with them...and they are local to me Be advised that they also have an eBay store, and the inventory doesn't always match, so check both places if you need something and can't find it in one place or the other - I had to purchase a tail servo that way a few weeks ago, as it wasn't shown on their regular website, but was in their eBay store.
Hopmeup is my regular goto for parts on my b450 and MCPx. Only once in countless orders have I gotten a message that their online inventory was wrong. Even then, I had ordered a bunch of main gears (this was thanksgiving when everyone was out including Horizon), and he was only one short of what I ordered.

Anyway, his online inventory is good. If he has it listed, it's a good bet it is there.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:08 PM   #66 (permalink)
Banned User

Anyone know the diameter and length of the B450 3d feathering shaft? I've been searching and cant find it anywhere.
kavic5150 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

42.1mm x 4.0mm
Old 07-17-2012, 05:33 PM   #68 (permalink)
Banned User

Awesome. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Celltech.
kavic5150 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey guys I solved my parts dying issue. Turns out it was easy. For the rit dye you get two cups of 140 degree hot water and mix it with the entire box of powder. I was able to successfully dye stock: rear blades, both main gears, skids,flybar paddles, and horizontal and vertical stabilizer fins perfectly. But just to let people know the liquid rit dye wouldn't dye the gears and skid but dyed the rest of the parts perfect. I'm not sure if this should go here but I figured I'd let you guys know
Excalibur3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile mr weasel

Im looking to make a blade 450 3d as my first cp heli, if tamed down can it make a good beginners cp heli. I have flow fp heli's before and am currently flying a WL V911 which is a right handful in anything over 5mph wind. The fp heli i used to fly was a mfa sport 500 glow fuel. Im going to pick up phoneix and will also be joining my local heli club.

Any comments greatly appteciated
size zero weasel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Blade 450 bible by Thalios

Quote:
Originally Posted by size zero weasel View Post
Im looking to make a blade 450 3d as my first cp heli, if tamed down can it make a good beginners cp heli. I have flow fp heli's before and am currently flying a WL V911 which is a right handful in anything over 5mph wind. The fp heli i used to fly was a mfa sport 500 glow fuel. Im going to pick up phoneix and will also be joining my local heli club.

Any comments greatly appteciated
If you're looking to get a 450, the Blade 450 3D will work fine as a first heli. The parts are a little more expensive than other brands, but most hobby shops keep them in stock.

If this is your first CP heli, you might consider starting with a nano cp X or an mCP X. They are great platforms for learning because they crash well. Every crash with a 450 will require parts and rebuild time.

If you're joining a club, though, you might want to see what others there are flying before you buy. If you get the same brand, they will be more help when you have questions.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:15 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by size zero weasel View Post
Im looking to make a blade 450 3d as my first cp heli.
Another option is a used Blade SR. It is CP, so makes for a nice transition helicopter. It is pretty cheap, so not costly on a crash. Once you master hovering and basic upright forward flight, you'll want to get rid of it, to make more room for nicer helicopters.
Amain Team Pilot
jhamel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013, 12:53 AM   #73 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

The links are broken for the pictures at the moment. PM me for a temporary fix.
Thalios is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013, 06:09 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnahamelv View Post
Another option is a used Blade SR. It is CP, so makes for a nice transition helicopter. It is pretty cheap, so not costly on a crash. Once you master hovering and basic upright forward flight, you'll want to get rid of it, to make more room for nicer helicopters.
You can probably pick up a used SR for pretty cheap, because its a crap heli that people will be willing to dump. But you would be better served by taking advantage of the sale on 450's right now and just getting one of those. You will have more fun and less frustration with a 450.
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius View Post
You can probably pick up a used SR for pretty cheap, because its a crap heli that people will be willing to dump. But you would be better served by taking advantage of the sale on 450's right now and just getting one of those. You will have more fun and less frustration with a 450.
the bnf 450 is DISCONTINUED from Horizon Hobby now but the RTF version is still available
gdawgs56 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

First of all - I´m new to helicopter flying and I have just bought my Blade 450 3d.

And here I found tons of information! Many thanks Thalios!

Would be great if you could fix the links with the pictures
Manuel_F4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2013, 08:03 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade 450 3D

Thalios,
Thanks for all the great info. I was able to reassemble my tail rotor assembly( tail hub, grip/holder) because of the info you provided.

Fixing the links to the photos would be my only suggestion.
commonsense is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade 450 BNF

Hi all...I'm new to this site but the information here has been in-valuable for a new Blade owner..thanks for all the info and tips my bird hovers great no forward flying yet as the area I'm in is not spacious enough but safe to practice hovers in. The bible has helps me tremendously to make SURE the bird was flight worthy out of the box.
LubeMan1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Like everyone else here I have to say that your work here is greatly appreciated. It's been an invaluable help to me.

Something to consider in the "opening the box" section.
I took close-up photos of the heli from all angles - especially the linkages and other swash and head connections, wiring routes, etc - as soon as I got it.
Put them on my computer and it's been really helpful as a visual reference when making the inevitable repairs ; )
Hope this helps someone else
My HF Map location
dsduani is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default mr weasel

A man after my own heart! !!!

Im an engineer by trade and thats exactly what i do before i strip anything thats complex. Many a friend has laughed until halfway through stripping a job they realised they couldnt remember where the parts came from, and then the images i'd taken were worth their weight in gold. Im now about to make the bold step from a nano to a 450 pro dfc and i think that will possibly be the most photographed heli in history.
size zero weasel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
blade 450, blade 450 rebuild, blade 450 repair, blade 450 setup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in