Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger Electric Helis

Thunder Tiger Electric Helis Mini Titan E325, Raptor E550 and E620 SE Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2014, 02:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Upgrading MT V1 to FBL

Hi all,
I am upgrading a friend's MT V1 to FBL.
I think his best solution would be to buy another helicopter with all-metal mechanics but he is reluctant to spend too much at this stage.
I have limited experience with this machine as I fly Align and SAB helis (at the moment)

While I am fairly confident chopping parts and mixing brands to get a good result my friend is reasonably new to this and I believe it would be better for him to have a stock solution.

I have read a number of threads here about FBL conversions and haven't managed to find a solution that will suit his needs.

I found this kit but it seems to be out of production.
Amazon does have one listed in stock but I want to make sure there are replacement parts if he crashes. InfinityHobby seems to carry the parts but I am not sure if these are just residual stocks. His LHS carries TT so he will have access to any current replacement parts as needed.

That would be the best solution I can see at this stage but I am open to others.

If I go for a different brand head like an RJX or Tarot I am not sure that the ball links will attach properly. I understand the e325 has smaller ball links and thinner pushrods than align?
Is the main shaft the same diameter? What about the jesus-bolt? Is the hole in the main shaft in the correct place for other brand heads? What about pushrod lengths?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
mstenbo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2014, 05:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

You can get all you need from Tower Hobbies at a good price.

Here are the fbl plastic grips for example:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCWNP&P=7

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCWNR&P=7

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCABH&P=7

I would go for the TT parts and save the hassle of bits not fitting.

Infinity Hobby may be cheaper if parts are in stock.
nickyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in