Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2007, 08:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default trex 450 distance

Well i have had my 3rd crash in less then 2 weeks It seems when ever am doing flips i get a brain fart and can't tell what my little trex is doing till it hits the ground What i would like to ask is, When your doing rolls and flips how far away are you from the trex and what would be the max from being away from you to perform safely, I believe am flying to far away and it makes it hard to tell what the little heli is doing....
drummer5140 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2007, 08:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

i dont go further the 200 foot but if you are doing somthink new it is better to have hight so dont go to low untill you get comfortable also a bright colourd canopy helps.... say on the left side you had blue and on the right red
T-REX 450 SE
T-REX 450 SE V2
REAL FLIGHT G3
FIELD FORCE 9
s9joe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2007, 08:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Drummer
As Joe says altitude is more important than distance Height is your friend. I tend to try stuff out about a min of 70ft up for starters this is just about enough room to bail out you can go way higher if you want but it can cause orientation problems. You can practice a bit lower when you get the confidence to perform consistently. Also try flying over long grass if you are bending the bird its a lot more forgiving.

BTW I originally suffered from the orientation thing quite bad so I did a fluro paint job on the canopy and that helps for sure. certain colour don't work with such a small bird soI did the top half TAMIYA fluro pink (a bit girly I know) with some silver flashes and it works well.

Here's a pic of my Girly canopy the fluro doesn't come out properly in the photo for some reason its well LOUD.. :glasses2:

Glenn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg t-rex_canopy.jpg (999.2 KB, 92 views)
Hirobo Quark & a few PLANKZ, Extra 260, Akromaster...
Yamaha YZF-R1
theglennster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2007, 09:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hay that bird looks good love the canopy. I'm using the yellow canopy on my bird.
What am going to do from now on is keep my trex close to me but up higher and not out so far away, Am sure that will help, I hope
Old 04-21-2007, 09:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

yep that's the way to go, close but high.

Glenn is it me or is your main blade bent really bad?
davidw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2007, 11:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Drummer
You will still have to keep it a few feet away though you dont want to risk flying over your head. I managed to do that when it was waaay to windy I was practicing flips and the wind got hold of the bird and by the time the flip was over is was way behind me. I managed to recover but something for a newbie to watch for when doing flips. Good luck

David
My Blades are straight as they come its the light thats bending not the blades !
I used a fisheye lens on my Nikon to get that arty farty shot it tends to distort the image but looks kinda Cool. I can get it far worse than that if I want to. Its a pukka Nikon Fisheye and it will do 180 degree field of view.

Cheers
Glenn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fisheye.jpg (740.5 KB, 49 views)
Hirobo Quark & a few PLANKZ, Extra 260, Akromaster...
Yamaha YZF-R1
theglennster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2007, 12:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanx all for all the advice theglennster ,Ya would not want to have it fly over my head or worse yet in to me....Thanks again everyone.
Drummer5140..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in