Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 06:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default CopterX CX-3X1000 tail setup

Actually this thing performs nice for the money but i have a little problem with the tail. I have the USB interface. In the program i set the tail gain to 40 because the tail kicks over 45 so 40 is fine for me. During the flight when i give full pitch the tail turns CW. How to solve this?

Some screenshots from the setup software. Which setting do i need to adjust?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	2239
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	314223   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1824
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	314224  
Trex 600 Gasser FBL | HeliXHeli conv. | OS GT15HZ | iKon | Homemade onboard generator
Azalin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2012, 03:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

"tail compensate collective to tail" works for me. I ended up with - 10.
The minus denotes direction.

However be aware that the collective movement now affects the tail servo so the arm's 90 deg position will change with collective. Try a big number on the bench to see how it works and get the direction right.
regards
pete
pete d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2012, 07:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I'll try that. Thanks.
Trex 600 Gasser FBL | HeliXHeli conv. | OS GT15HZ | iKon | Homemade onboard generator
Old 05-07-2012, 07:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

One another question please. Is there a better firmware for this unit that i can flash?
Old 05-07-2012, 07:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not for the copterx..

There is a new version of the Tarot zyx but no new firmware from copterx yet..

PS: yep - check the tail compensate figure - you may need + not - (depends on your setup) - make sure you get it giving positive tail pitch when increasing main pitch.. if you get it the wrong way for your setup the tail will blowout worse..

You may also want to lower your tail RC deadband from 64 to something at least under 40 and maybe even closer to 10 as 64 is their default and must have been a mistake as it's way too high.. unless you like it sloppy around center stick..

What heli you mounting it on? I guess not your gasser at this stage..
DX7 Mode-1 | 450 pro 6s | 450 pro | Schweizer 300C Gasser Scale | T-Rex550e | Aeolus 50 | HeliX T-Rex700 fbl Gasser | HWC600 Gasser | Henseleit MPXLe | Henseleit 3DNT | Suzi-Janis 700 | Gaui NX4 | Gaui X5 | Blade 350QX
jockstrap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2012, 07:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Jock. I'll give it a try.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

err! I see there are 2 ZYX gyros from Tarot. Each has different software and firmware files.
- http://tarot-rc-heli.com/ZYX-S-3-AXE...ilter_name=zyx
- http://tarot-rc-heli.com/ZYX_3_Axis_...ilter_name=zyx

Which one is equivalent to CX-3X1000 ?
Old 05-07-2012, 08:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

woops - was editing my post when you already replied..

Which heli you trying it on?
DX7 Mode-1 | 450 pro 6s | 450 pro | Schweizer 300C Gasser Scale | T-Rex550e | Aeolus 50 | HeliX T-Rex700 fbl Gasser | HWC600 Gasser | Henseleit MPXLe | Henseleit 3DNT | Suzi-Janis 700 | Gaui NX4 | Gaui X5 | Blade 350QX
Old 05-07-2012, 08:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Its a Trex 450 Pro.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

BTW i'll never risk any of my gassers with this device
Old 05-07-2012, 08:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

you may be pleasantly supprised.. it's a very underrated gyro..

Have guys in OZ using for smack 3D on large birds very well..
I've been using it for quite some time on my tarot 450 pro, 6S with $3 analog cyclic servos and it's been great.. never had an issue with it

PS: the zyx-s is the newest tarot version and has sbus and spektrum sattellite support so it has it's own tarot firmware.. So tarot now have the original zyx and new zyx-s both with their latest firmware.. (which wont work in the copterx due to some minor differences in the code - hardware is the same thou)

Note: get the LCD hand controller- very cheap and very handy for changing settings on the fly at the field..
Old 05-07-2012, 08:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Will I be able to use the CopterX USB adapter after flashing ZYX firmware?
Old 05-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK, I upgraded the firmware. Thanks.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey??? How did you do that?

you have a copterx - not supposed to use zyx firmware??? Did it work? Does the copterx still work?

I hope it does because there is no copterx firmware available to put back on it

Please tell..
Old 05-07-2012, 09:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

In the OP, what is the gain setting at in the TX settings? Remember that gain setting is used in combination with the 'tail rotor' gain setting.

With my DX6i, I have the TX setting at around 68%, with the tail rotor gain setting in the FBL unit at 100.
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 03:47 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockstrap View Post
Hey??? How did you do that?

you have a copterx - not supposed to use zyx firmware??? Did it work? Does the copterx still work?

Please tell..
Unbelievable but yes, it works. I just removed the CopterX USB driver from the computer and installed ZYX USB driver instead. They look same to me and so I'm not sure if it made a difference. Anyways. I used CopterX software to flash ZYX firmware. Followed the flashing instruction:
Quote:
Firmware upgrade instruction
1.Connect the ZYX gyro to PC by ZYX USB adapter,click "Connect ZYX",make sure it succeed.
2.Open the Firmware in ZYX PC software.
3.Keep the PC,USB adapter and ZYX gyro connecting.Power off ZYX gyro,press "SET" button of gyro and power on.
4.The red lamp is flashing,click "Upgrade" button to start upgrade,the ZYX gyro will restart after successful upgrade.
5.Please make sure your gyro is Tarot ZYX,otherwise the gyro will be damaged.The ZYX gyro does not need to be setup again.
The bold parts are important. Once the flash is complete CX gyro restarts and initializes itself.

Oddly I couldn't able to use ZYX software because it wont connect to the gyro but that doesn't matter. The softwares are all the same. So the CX software is OK to use.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:51 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFocus View Post
In the OP, what is the gain setting at in the TX settings? Remember that gain setting is used in combination with the 'tail rotor' gain setting.

With my DX6i, I have the TX setting at around 68%, with the tail rotor gain setting in the FBL unit at 100.
Gain setting on the TX remain same as the CX manual specified. If i remember correctly it was like
Old 05-08-2012, 05:04 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

wow that's amazing.. I guess no-one else has been game to try it...

which firmware did you use exactally - the zyx or zyx-s firmware.. ?

There is one byte difference in the data port protocol between the copterx and tarot - that's why the hand controllers are not interchangeable and explains why you now need the tarot usb driver..

My guess is that the tarot lcd controller might work on your copterx now and NOT the copterx one - so be careful if you buy one as you can no longer go back to the copterx firmware as it's not available for download anywhere..

Hmmm - thinking... i'm worried the variable (settings) storage locations may be different between the copterx and the tarot - meaning the copterx software may work but store settings in different areas of the microcontroller so when you change a "P" value for instance it might change something else..

will be waiting eagerly to see how it goes for you..
Old 05-08-2012, 05:05 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockstrap View Post
\Copterx have now released their firmware (not upgraded) http://www.ky-model.com/copterx/CX-3X1000v1-0.bin

It can be used to re-flash a 3X1000 that wasn't able to be cross-flashed to the Tarot firmware (which some have done successfully) - ask me how I know
Mikej is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 05:15 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Mike - great news about the copterx firmware..

So are you able to confirm if zyx-s firmware will work on a copterx unit - as i'd be keen to try...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in