Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Genius CP

Genius CP Walkera Genius CP Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 10:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default V120d02 blade grip on Genius question!!

So...
I decided to try a bit of a mod =o... i figured out after taking my 120d02 blade grips off that they are basically the same thing? the feathering shaft is too, just mine was bent beyond belief.
Just a question about this tho... I installed them. successfully. no issues, no need to change my linkages. but when i spool her up, its all negative pitch?
I reverse the pit servo to get positive pitch... but im not sure what is going on? i dont really wanna take it into the air without some second opinions!
Keep me posted!
Edit: Fixed! Flip the grips! woot! this is precise as my mcpx with mh grips!
anjoi666 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2012, 12:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default New issues!

ok now i have a new dilemma that is exactly what i was noticing before but in a different way it has approached me... After 1:30-2:30 mins of hovering, the heli just suddenly makes an odd noise and starts viberating really bad. Coming right out of perfectly smooth flight to a viberation that is intense at first and hard to control. First couple times, i can land, and take off again for a couple seconds of no vibes. then back come the vibes. once or twice i was able to do about 1-2 more minutes of flight with the vibe, but a lighter version, alot like i noticed before i changed the grips, but before it was constant, and lighter. So... im thinking. because it works fine at first, then has issues after, and i have tried putting throttle curv to 100-100-100 to test and the vibe still occurs. it must be some kind of electrical issues. I do not have the motor soldered to the esc nor do i have the esc soldered to the rx. i do have micro deans and hyp 240's.
Anyone can think of anything? otherwise i think i see myself doing a bit of soldering tonight.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

i was having a similar problem and it was the colored tape on one of the blades that was a little loose on the bottom. Replaced it and the vibrations went away for good.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper View Post
i was having a similar problem and it was the colored tape on one of the blades that was a little loose on the bottom. Replaced it and the vibrations went away for good.
I'm using KBDD blades they have no tape on the bottom and just the hologram stickers on top... they are not causing me problems in the same place on my MCPX... both have sticker neer blade grips.
looking like its my aileron servo... but why is it kicking out only 2:30 thru flight i dont know... and why i sometimes goes back up and works even more i dont know
Old 02-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjoi666 View Post
I'm using KBDD blades they have no tape on the bottom and just the hologram stickers on top... they are not causing me problems in the same place on my MCPX... both have sticker neer blade grips.
looking like its my aileron servo... but why is it kicking out only 2:30 thru flight i dont know... and why i sometimes goes back up and works even more i dont know
I guess after adding 2 msr grommets to each linkage, including the blade grip ones,
and changed the linkage lengths for 2 servos and the swash - blade grip linkages. Then added new smaller tighter slices of heat shrink to my servo arms to tighten them up from the cuts made ... The mysterious vibration @ 1:30-2:30 hasnt happened! 0_0 i just need a new feathering shaft / o-ring+spacer mod applied then i should have no vibes and very tight accurate response ... The v120d02 swash is now installed and working great. As well as the grips, i found tighter grip on blades helps but still must shave the blades to move with less binding when past 30degrees each way but otherwise really nice smooth feel with them in the air. Less erratic behavior than the plastic grips/swash + no grommets. Here's to sitting down and figuring things out!
Old 02-29-2012, 11:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm guessing these v120 parts are much heavier than the genius counterparts. Don't know why you want to add all this weight when the stock parts are light weight and work great IMO.
bytemuncher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
I'm guessing these v120 parts are much heavier than the genius counterparts. Don't know why you want to add all this weight when the stock parts are light weight and work great IMO.
I guess i just wanted to try it see if it works... with KBDD blades its head hold is really firm and precise ... As for weight it only added about 1 gram total and its BL already, with a HP05s coming in so it shouldnt have problems ... i also wanna duplicate the dual tail mod to my gcp once i start 3d'ing when this snow melts ill post my results/ideas
Otherwise like i stated, i was having issues with the stock ones but i will change back soon and see if my problems might have been fixed through something otherwise...
-andy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in