Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 12:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Help please

I am building an aerial video rig and i am having trouble deciding which unit to use

im thinking either
Flymentor 3D - i have this installed on a blade 400 and am very happy with it and the software that comes with it ... but thats on a smaller bird... i wonder if it could handle a T-rex 600
Copilot 2 - no experience but I have heard good things
Spartan ap2000i - No experience with this but it states its mostly for aerial photography
and lastly
the helicommand 3A - i think this would probably be the best but from what i hear its extremely difficult to install and im not to happy about the 600 dollar price tag ... when all the other options are half the price or lower ....

I am leaning towards flymentor 3d just b/c its cheap in i think its a quality piece of equipment but im unsure of how it will preform on my 600

can you guys weigh in ? and help me make up this decision ?
BrandonGold is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2011, 12:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

In this class of stabilisation you are really down to two systems The Flymentor or FMA CPII. I can confirm that FM works as well on a Trex600, I have one installed and it works well.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG2M_Pjis6U[/ame]

Both systems will work well for this application, bearing in mind that FM is more sensitive to vibrations (considerably higher on a 600 than a 450).

Hope this helps
pril250 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2011, 04:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default PPRRRILLLL

ALWAYS A GOOD HELP DUUDE ... THANK YOU ... THINK IM GOING TO GO WITH THE FM AND GIVE IT A SHOT
BrandonGold is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2011, 08:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is an excellent video. I think it may illustrate something I have been thinking about regarding using a 450 as an AP. To my way of thinking, one characteristic of any AP would have to be the ability to stay "on point". I don't know how well a 450 can do this. FM and CP II are both good stabilization products but for photographic purposes there seems to be a problem holding the 450 at altitude. It likes to bob up and down. I have chalked this up to the current draw of the motor, servos and radio on the lipo. I figure the lipo and speed control are busy enough just providing current to keep the bird in the air, much less maintaining a constant altitude for any length of time.

Perhaps I am overlooking something in all of this with regards to constant altitude.
Stumblebee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2011, 09:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Especially on windy days
pril250 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in