Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 01:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Trex 450pro Ceramic bearing upgrade

I was long pass due for a new set of bearings. So I went out on a limb and ordered the Boca Ceramic bearing for the 450 pro and the ceramic Scorpion 2221-6 upgrade. Was wondering if anybody is using boca ceramic's in their heli's? If so was it worth the extra money, also could you tell if they ran smoother then steel bearing? How about performance and Reliability over stock. Now the real question would you do it again??
heliglenn71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2012, 01:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried them on my 450 main shaft but the first blade strike and it wasn't that hard must have broke them because they were not smooth after that. I couldn't tell the difference but I have not been flying that long. I keep my steel bearings repacked often.
Cgarr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ok guys, I got my ceramic bearings Friday and I've got to say I'm impressed! These bad boys are smooth as glass! I wasnt sure if I'd tell a differents in flight, but I was wrong. The heli has a bit more pop then before. Where I really noticed a BIG change is on autos, the hang time is unreal! The ceramics made autos fill like my 6HV! The quality of boca bearing "seems" second to none. (guess only time will tell) I managed to put around 25 flight on the 450pro this weekend and gotta say each flight got better. Something else I noticed was the length of time it took for the blades to stop spinning after I landed. I might be wrong but it took twice as long to stop then before. For me it's $70.00 dollars well spent. I know some of you will say $70.00! Screw that ill keep the stock bearings. But think about it, most of us will spend more then that on "Bling" that doesn't help performance. So there again its money we'll spent!
Old 04-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Stock bearings are garbage but the boca econo bearings work great!
fuzzyllamma is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

If these work out as well as i think, Boca is all I'll use from here on out! Guessing even the econo's would out perform most stock bearings out there!
Old 04-30-2012, 03:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliglenn71 View Post
If these work out as well as i think, Boca is all I'll use from here on out! Guessing even the econo's would out perform most stock bearings out there!
I love the convenience and quality of boca. They are a little more expensive but if u google boca bearings coupons you can find a coupon for 25% off! I got a whole kit for a 450 pro plus some main shaft bearings and it came out to less than 50 bucks with free shipping! Try beating that with stock align bearings...
Old 05-01-2012, 01:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliglenn71 View Post
Ok guys, I got my ceramic bearings Friday and I've got to say I'm impressed! These bad boys are smooth as glass! I wasnt sure if I'd tell a differents in flight, but I was wrong. The heli has a bit more pop then before. Where I really noticed a BIG change is on autos, the hang time is unreal! The ceramics made autos fill like my 6HV! The quality of boca bearing "seems" second to none. (guess only time will tell) I managed to put around 25 flight on the 450pro this weekend and gotta say each flight got better. Something else I noticed was the length of time it took for the blades to stop spinning after I landed. I might be wrong but it took twice as long to stop then before. For me it's $70.00 dollars well spent. I know some of you will say $70.00! Screw that ill keep the stock bearings. But think about it, most of us will spend more then that on "Bling" that doesn't help performance. So there again its money we'll spent!
which boca ceramic bearing set do you mean?.......

Next project:
MSH Mini Protos, 450 Scale Airwolf, BAH Mini Quad
cpmboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyllamma View Post
I love the convenience and quality of boca. They are a little more expensive but if u google boca bearings coupons you can find a coupon for 25% off! I got a whole kit for a 450 pro plus some main shaft bearings and it came out to less than 50 bucks with free shipping! Try beating that with stock align bearings...
Too late for 25% off because the deal was expired in March !!!!
465 (6s), Align DFC, HW50AV3, KST315 & 8910A+, SK720BE
lcc014 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 08:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcc014 View Post
Too late for 25% off because the deal was expired in March !!!!
I ordered mine mid april and it still worked
Old 05-01-2012, 08:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Really, I will give it a try then. Thanks.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Just tried the coupon, not working anymore. Only the 10% off coupon - CCOTMMAR102010 was still working.

I will wait for any future to show up. 10% discount is not enough, I like 25%
Old 05-01-2012, 09:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
BTW, how did you replace the main shaft bearing ? They look like press-fit into the blocks to me. I would like to take the Align bearings out without any damage. Then I can press in the boca bearings.

Thanks,
Old 05-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
BTW, how did you replace the main shaft bearing ? They look like press-fit into the blocks to me. I would like to take the Align bearings out without any damage. Then I can press in the boca bearings.

Thanks,
Put them in the oven at about 350 degrees on a cookie sheet for about 10 minutes. Hold them with a pair of vice grips and push them out with a screwdriver. Once u get them out, i was able to push my new bearings in once the blocks cooled. Make sure u clean the blocks of any grease with alcohol and then apply loctite to the outside of the block race to prevent the bearing from spinning in the block. Grease the bearing itself and she is good to go. Hope this helps!
Old 05-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmboy View Post
which boca ceramic bearing set do you mean?.......
http://www.bocabearings.com/productd...tSubGroupID=55
Old 05-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Put them in the oven at about 350 degrees on a cookie sheet for about 10 minutes. Hold them with a pair of vice grips and push them out with a screwdriver. Once u get them out, i was able to push my new bearings in once the blocks cooled. Make sure u clean the blocks of any grease with alcohol and then apply loctite to the outside of the block race to prevent the bearing from spinning in the block. Grease the bearing itself and she is good to go. Hope this helps!
Thanks so much for the instruction. The reason to bake the block in oven is to melt the loctite ?
Old 05-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks so much for the instruction. The reason to bake the block in oven is to melt the loctite ?
That and it makes the block expand so the bearing falls out. I have heard that a hair dryer or heat gun will work too but i dont have a high heat gun and the hair dryer didnt get hot enough for me. You can try either or just dont melt the block with a high heat gun
Old 05-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
That and it makes the block expand so the bearing falls out. I have heard that a hair dryer or heat gun will work too but i dont have a high heat gun and the hair dryer didnt get hot enough for me. You can try either or just dont melt the block with a high heat gun
Great, I can try the heat gun approach.

Thanks,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in