Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spartan RC > Spartan Vortex

Spartan Vortex Spartan RC - Vortex VX1 Factory Support Forum

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2015, 08:57 PM   #601 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unfortunately, they're all one piece AR brackets. Not too bad to remount. Can't wait for the official release! Maybe it'll be here by IRCHA. Looks like Angelos is keeping busy with multirotors and PR work.
mrbubbs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2015, 03:16 AM   #602 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wasn't the official release meant to be like April?? Been waiting, trying to be patient.......

Jeti DS-14
A.W. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2015, 07:36 AM   #603 (permalink)
Registered Users

It seems to be the norm in this business. I wish they could keep focused and finish one project before starting another.

Rick
rickn816 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2015, 08:40 AM   #604 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just check back from time to time to see if it has been officially released.

I am using the Castle governor at the moment, which works just fine for me.

Toocool4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2015, 04:23 PM   #605 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anybody get any success with the stock RCE-BL70G align ESC on a trex 500 efl
lowmac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2015, 06:33 PM   #606 (permalink)
Registered Users

Guy I would not be waiting on v4 firmware just so that you can run the governor.

I doubt v4 firmware will be release soon.

The interim firmware has a egov that everyone loves and works fine just use that and yes you need to have a datapod for the egov.

Angelos is working on other projects not just the final release of gov. I understand why he does this and don't have an issue with it. In the end he has to do what is beneficial to his business.
dl5973 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2015, 08:21 PM   #607 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

All projects are being pushed forward at the same time. Right now people are trying VX-Multi firmware whilst I work on the new V4 tail gyro code. Later this months our pilots will be testing the new gyro code whilst I work on something else.

FYI, the initial quad firmware was done initially for my own use as I wasn't happy with any flight controller I tried. It was only fair that I make my own before I gain the right to slag the others off. As it turns out lots of heli pilots that tried my 250 quad loved its heli like feel.

Angelos is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2015, 01:46 AM   #608 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl5973 View Post
Guy I would not be waiting on v4 firmware just so that you can run the governor.

I doubt v4 firmware will be release soon.

The interim firmware has a egov that everyone loves and works fine just use that and yes you need to have a datapod for the egov.

Angelos is working on other projects not just the final release of gov. I understand why he does this and don't have an issue with it. In the end he has to do what is beneficial to his business.
I am sure the interim eGovernor works just fine since most people that are using it love it.

The Castle governor works just fine for me, hence no need for me to run the interim software. Once it get’s an official release I will try it, I don’t need to be on the bleeding edge of things. I don’t need to have the latest and greatest things as what I have works and is not broken.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:04 AM   #609 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Align RCE-bl70g esc with Spartan egov

Anybody have any success using the align
RCE-bl70g stock esc with the Spartan Vortex egov on a Trex 500 efl. Did it maintain sufficient headspeed (2500 rpm ish) without tail wag. I'm hoping to use the egov on a 3 yr old bird and wondered if anybody has tried this as I've read in another thread that the gov on the Align esc only works at lowish rpm (2200). I'll be using the recommended hobbywing sensor
Old 07-28-2015, 07:47 PM   #610 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The governor mode on the Align esc is nothing compared to the Egov on the Spartan. Add to that the Spartan gov is very tunable and it is definitely worth a try.
The fact that the stock gov mode on the Align is not performing well doesn't mean that it won't perform very good paired with the Egov if this is your concern.
Blade 450X
Heli.Maniac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2015, 12:20 AM   #611 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys, just got my data pod today and I'm loving it. It's super easy to use. I have two vx1e's on my 600 nitro and my 450. I have updated my data pod with the interim firmware for the e-gov and what I'm wondering is can I use my datapod with the electric heli and the egov firmware and still use it with my trex nitro with the regular updated firmware without having to reload anything onto the datapod. I thought I read something about having to reload the firmware when moving from one to the other.
GAUI NX7, TREX 600N, Goblin 570, Gaui X3L, DX7G2, AMA#970963 Citizen 420
907Heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2015, 01:35 AM   #612 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksport View Post
Hi guys, just got my data pod today and I'm loving it. It's super easy to use. I have two vx1e's on my 600 nitro and my 450. I have updated my data pod with the interim firmware for the e-gov and what I'm wondering is can I use my datapod with the electric heli and the egov firmware and still use it with my trex nitro with the regular updated firmware without having to reload anything onto the datapod. I thought I read something about having to reload the firmware when moving from one to the other.
I think you only need to load different firmware(s) if you are running different firmware versions on your Vortex’s.

I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong, read the release notes I believe you have to run higher governor gain than you ran before on your nitro.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:07 AM   #613 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Align RCE-bl70g esc with Spartan egov

OK Andreas might give this a go, it'll be some time before I get round to it, but I'll keep you posted.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:03 AM   #614 (permalink)
Registered Users

If your running VX1e's or "n's" I don't think you have to change your firmware in Data pod, but if running say a VX1e and a Spartan quark then you have to load each firmware version each time you swap.

Team Flybar & "Less" now
LubeMan1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2015, 07:44 AM   #615 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksport View Post
As long as the builds are the same you don't need to change the firmware in your Datapod. Right now, the latest build is the M5 build. Whether you're running version 3.6 or 3.72 doesn't matter as long as it's all M5. So you should be fine using your Datapod with both your nitro and electric heli.

What Lubeman posted about using the Datapod with the Vortex and a Quark is also true, since the M5 software is specific to the Vortex.

(BTW, thank you Lubeman for connecting me with wizzel1. I was able to sell my Quark to him, so now hopefully it will do more than sit on a shelf!)
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2015, 07:45 AM   #616 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelos View Post
Right now people are trying VX-Multi firmware whilst I work on the new V4 tail gyro code.
Is this a stand alone tail gyro, or the tail gyro code in the Vortex? (Yes, I'm fishing for spoilers!)
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2015, 08:14 AM   #617 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius View Post
As long as the builds are the same you don't need to change the firmware in your Datapod. Right now, the latest build is the M5 build. Whether you're running version 3.6 or 3.72 doesn't matter as long as it's all M5. So you should be fine using your Datapod with both your nitro and electric heli.

What Lubeman posted about using the Datapod with the Vortex and a Quark is also true, since the M5 software is specific to the Vortex.

(BTW, thank you Lubeman for connecting me with wizzel1. I was able to sell my Quark to him, so now hopefully it will do more than sit on a shelf!)

Team Flybar & "Less" now
Old 08-27-2015, 06:46 PM   #618 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default VX1e gov and Hobbywing 50V3

Hi guys, I just picked up a warp and I've updated the firmware in my VX1e to the egov firmware and trying to make it work with my Hobbywin 50 amp V3 esc. So far no luck. It will spool up and go to a single rpm but nothing else. It soft starts and comes up to a pretty low rpm and then holds but not very well. I was starting to suspect I had a bad batterry and then I took the gov off and went back to the esc gov and it's a rocket. I have the rpm sensor from the esc plugged in the same way I did my nitro and the sensor lcd on the datapod flashes, not sure what that means yet though.

Has anyone else tried the hobbywing / VX1e combo and do you have any pointers?

Thanks
GAUI NX7, TREX 600N, Goblin 570, Gaui X3L, DX7G2, AMA#970963 Citizen 420
907Heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2015, 08:18 PM   #619 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you set (calibrate) the throttle end points in the Vortex so it "see's 0 thru 100?

You have to adjust the end points in the TX to allow the Vortex to work properly

Per manual:

The ESC's throttle range needs to be matched to the Vortex. This is necessary even if it was done before without the use of the governor. The method varies deepening on the ESC brand but it is essentially the same as matching the ESC to a receiver. Follow the guidance provided in the ESC's user guide. When prompted to adjust the throttle endpoints of the radio, adjust the throttle endpoints of the Vortex instead. These are found in menu Setup -> Throttle.

Team Flybar & "Less" now
Old 08-27-2015, 08:28 PM   #620 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm using the 100A version, and it works a treat. Did you reset the advanced PID values for the governor, as detailed on the instructions for the use of the interim e-gov? This is very important because the defaults are set but they are all initially loaded as zero until you select the default values. Sorry if you knew this, but I thought it worth mentioning.
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in